Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 81 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16824Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2401 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 11:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Rob-Houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
I think that's possible but then they redo the change to correct and that will also reload automatically.
I did and still think about which is a better overall setting as you guys are doing.
In my case since I have not experienced any Negative-Issues for now it is staying on Auto.

...

Terry
Auto update? In my field we called that "living on the bleeding edge"! But we had the resources and knowledge to stage and test all system and applications updates on a test system. I've seen enough "bricked" systems and devices to wait.
lostboy and Craig Peer like this.
Rob-Houston is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2402 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,589
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6689 Post(s)
Liked: 6685
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
I appreciate the response, but it basically illuminates the entire problem. JVC still hasn't given you any definitive dates when they are over 3 months late. Its pretty ridiculous.
People have tracking on these RS2000 / NX7 units that are in the USA right now, today, with tracking working.......So now other end user's just need the flood of inventory to get in so they can be taken care of, like yourself.......It is good to know that they are out and about across the USA

Last edited by Cleveland Plasma; 01-19-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #2403 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter
We're Nuts About AV
 
ARROW-AV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,488
Mentioned: 258 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4115 Post(s)
Liked: 6645
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
I can hardly wait to see those single pixel checkerboard patterns on the Sony 695, Sony 885, and Sony 995.

My guess is they will be an absolute mess with color moire all over the place.

This NX9 looks really good and sharp. It is a little disappointing about your contrast being lower. I wonder if you just have a poor unit.

Also Nigel, do you think that eshift is working correctly on that unit. I ask because past comments have said that 8k eshift actually improved the sharpness of the image. I can't see how that would be possible given the way your unit has performed. I really wonder if you just got a lemon. I guess we will have to wait an see when other units arrive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumlad View Post
Are you saying that NX9 owners will want to turn off eShift in all situations -- or are you saying, for the purpose of text/pixel tests, etc?

I guess another question is-- was it similarly recommended to turn off eShift on 1080p content for previous eShift 4k models? In other words, has eShift always been useless with native content?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisLJacob View Post
Arrow, do you think having the eshift in the system is detrimental to the overall performance even with it turned off?

I don't know that you've received a NX7 yet, but will you be able to compare a eshift turned off 9 vs. the 7? I'm sure a lot of folks will want to know about this comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexler View Post
Thank you for your great work and honest dedication to really get to the bottom of the performance of these projectors! Very interesting read!

However, I think you jumped to conclusions a little bit too fast regarding the e-shift. I'm not saying you are wrong and I haven't seen the projector myself. But I'm not convinced that single pixel test patterns is a good way to evaluate it.

The e-shift can only address every other pixel independently in the 8k frame. Therefore it cannot upscale 4k to 8k and render single pixel lines with perfect sharpness. Things like test patterns and computer text should consequently get less sharp. However, movie content does not look like this since it's sampled material. If you zoom in on a small detail in a movie frame so that you readily see the pixels you see that these sharp single pixel transitions don't exist. It could therefore still be the case that even though the test patterns look worse with e-shift small details in actual movie content resolves better or get less jagged. It would thus be very interesting to see highly zoomed in shots of small details in an actual 4k movie frame with and without the e-shift to really see it's effect as it's intended to be used. Would this be possible? 😊

No matter the outcome I'm still very sceptical that the 8k e-shift actually brings any benefits at actual viewing distances. However, I still find the question scientifically interesting and this is after all the av science forum... 😊

Cheers!
/Ted
The reason I chose to use the Quick Brown Fox test pattern is because it is easiest to see the negative effect on the image that eShift 8K has.

With respect to actual video content, what you are going to see is essentially no difference except for a significant increase in video noise.

Unfortunately, it is practically impossible to photograph the video noise so you really need to see this in person, however it's significantly worse as compared with then eShift is turned off.

And with respect to the difference in video image, well I will let you draw your own conclusions:

JVC RS3000/NX9 | COMPARISON #5 - NO eSHIFT 8K vs eSHIFT 8K


ESHIFT 8K:




NO ESHIFT 8K:



The fact of the matter is that with ESHIFT 8K turned off the image has less video noise, and is calmer and more stable. Whereas, with ESHIFT 8K turned on there is essentially no increase in sharpness or MTF but there is a significant increase in video noise. Therefore, personally I will be turning it off...

Spizz, woofer, OzHDHT and 3 others like this.

Last edited by ARROW-AV; 01-19-2019 at 12:26 PM.
ARROW-AV is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2404 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
grendelrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
People have tracking on these RS2000 / NX7 units that are in the USA right now.......
Probably true, but I haven't seen anyone in this thread post anything about an expected date except for one guy. Another dealer just said we don't have a date outside of speculation. I don't want to keep posting just complaining so I am going to stop now, I read this thread every day and we know as much as we did the last week of December. My first experience with JVC so far is not a positive one which is a shame.
Reddig and Jacob92175 like this.
grendelrt is offline  
post #2405 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pultzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle, Wa, USA
Posts: 1,181
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
Probably true, but I haven't seen anyone in this thread post anything about an expected date except for one guy. Another dealer just said we don't have a date outside of speculation. I don't want to keep posting just complaining so I am going to stop now, I read this thread every day and we know as much as we did the last week of December. My first experience with JVC so far is not a positive one which is a shame.
Not everybody is posting. I'm scheduled to receive an RS3000 on Monday as is somebody else I know.
Pultzar is offline  
post #2406 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
woofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SwiftsCreek, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,496
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1430 Post(s)
Liked: 2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post

The fact of the matter is that with ESHIFT 8K turned off the image has less video noise, and is calmer and more stable. Whereas, with ESHIFT 8K turned on there is essentially no increase in sharpness or MTF but there is a significant increase in video noise. Therefore, personally I will be turning it off...

Thankyou Nigel,

This corresponds with my own observations.

I tried to put this forward from the word go.....but many would not have a bar of it..
woofer is online now  
post #2407 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
woofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SwiftsCreek, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,496
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1430 Post(s)
Liked: 2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post

off the image has less video noise,
Nigel,

Regarding the above phrase....... i think you are also going to find that when you get to the inevitable comparison of the NX9 and the RS4500 , you will observe that the NX9 ( even with 8K E-Shift OFF) HAS far more image noise versus the RS4500 ( The RS4500 has virtually zero) ..

Last edited by woofer; 01-19-2019 at 01:07 PM.
woofer is online now  
post #2408 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,775
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3838 Post(s)
Liked: 4707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
The reason I chose to use the Quick Brown Fox test pattern is because it is easiest to see the negative effect on the image that eShift 8K has.

With respect to actual video content, what you are going to see is essentially no difference except for a significant increase in video noise.

Unfortunately, it is practically impossible to photograph the video noise so you really need to see this in person, however it's significantly worse as compared with then eShift is turned off.

And with respect to the difference in video image, well I will let you draw your own conclusions:

JVC RS3000/NX9 | COMPARISON #5 - NO eSHIFT 8K vs eSHIFT 8K


ESHIFT 8K:




NO ESHIFT 8K:



The fact of the matter is that with ESHIFT 8K turned off the image has less video noise, and is calmer and more stable. Whereas, with ESHIFT 8K turned on there is essentially no increase in sharpness or MTF but there is a significant increase in video noise. Therefore, personally I will be turning it off...

I haven't read yet even a single positive thing about EShift 8K. I think it is pointless to a ridiculous degree. Not sure yet what JVC was thinking when they decided to put this function on the NX9. Eshift is another mechanical moving part that could generate more issues down the road, not to mention the video noise that is introducing already. I won't be surprised if the NX5/NX7 with a lesser lens looks sharper than the NX9. Would be great if JVC decide to take it completely out of the NX9 in future revisions, though.
woofer and Bytehoven like this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
enricoclaudio is offline  
post #2409 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,589
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6689 Post(s)
Liked: 6685
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
Probably true, but I haven't seen anyone in this thread post anything about an expected date except for one guy. Another dealer just said we don't have a date outside of speculation. I don't want to keep posting just complaining so I am going to stop now, I read this thread every day and we know as much as we did the last week of December. My first experience with JVC so far is not a positive one which is a shame.
If you include custom installers who may just sell 1 unit a year, I bet there are a good 500 "Authorized" JVC Dealers in the USA to check with.

I am not trying to make excuses but there are production delays all the time with electronics, it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultzar View Post
Not everybody is posting. I'm scheduled to receive an RS3000 on Monday as is somebody else I know.
That is 100% correct. What do you think, probably about 1% of electronics users come in to a forum, then even less post?
Reddig likes this.

Last edited by Cleveland Plasma; 01-19-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #2410 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 01:28 PM
Senior Member
 
DennisLJacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Nigel, do you think the 8k eshift hardware, even turned off affects the images and video? Do you think the NX7 will be better than the NX9 because it does not have the eshift hardware in the system? This based on the video playback ignoring for the moment the extra lumens the NX9 provides.
DennisLJacob is offline  
post #2411 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Javs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8,042
Mentioned: 491 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6927 Post(s)
Liked: 6637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
The reason I chose to use the Quick Brown Fox test pattern is because it is easiest to see the negative effect on the image that eShift 8K has.

With respect to actual video content, what you are going to see is essentially no difference except for a significant increase in video noise.

Unfortunately, it is practically impossible to photograph the video noise so you really need to see this in person, however it's significantly worse as compared with then eShift is turned off.

And with respect to the difference in video image, well I will let you draw your own conclusions:

JVC RS3000/NX9 | COMPARISON #5 - NO eSHIFT 8K vs eSHIFT 8K


ESHIFT 8K:




NO ESHIFT 8K:



The fact of the matter is that with ESHIFT 8K turned off the image has less video noise, and is calmer and more stable. Whereas, with ESHIFT 8K turned on there is essentially no increase in sharpness or MTF but there is a significant increase in video noise. Therefore, personally I will be turning it off...


Hey Nigel,

Any chance you can please use my holiday photo for testing?

I think its better than the indian market, that's not a very good test photo IMO...

Call me bias

PNG even better.

You should be able to see 8K Eshift do its thing on the signpost text and also the grille through the windshield on the car.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82uvzedbwg...20UHD.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8foifb4zs...20UHD.mp4?dl=0

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
Javs is offline  
post #2412 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 01:58 PM
Senior Member
 
DennisLJacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I'm having difficulty picking out areas that are bad or easily seen to judge the affects. If there is an area that I should focus on, I'd like a hint. So far I haven't found the spot. Pun not on purpose.
alebonau likes this.
DennisLJacob is offline  
post #2413 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,923
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1940 Post(s)
Liked: 1239
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
I haven't read yet even a single positive thing about EShift 8K. I think it is pointless to a ridiculous degree. Not sure yet what JVC was thinking when they decided to put this function on the NX9. Eshift is another mechanical moving part that could generate more issues down the road, not to mention the video noise that is introducing already. I won't be surprised if the NX5/NX7 with a lesser lens looks sharper than the NX9. Would be great if JVC decide to take it completely out of the NX9 in future revisions, though.
No, with 8k eshift off there is no degradation of the image. It is only with eshift on that there is more noise and a bloating of the pixels. The NX9 is still sharper than either the NX7 or NX5 due to the better lens. The RS4500 is still better yet because of the light source. The laser light source has less noise and is more stable than bulb.

I think that will all be confirmed with more units in the wild and Nigel's further testing of the new JVCs and Sonys.
OzHDHT and Craig Peer like this.
GregCh is offline  
post #2414 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,793
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1900 Post(s)
Liked: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash1977 View Post
I didn't - was too excited to get it installed. For sure the NX9 is vastly brighter then the RS600. I did a quick measure on high lamp, wide open iris, on a 150" screen and I was at ~36 fL. I watched a movie last night and honestly it was too bright.

I'm not sure how other people are handling HDR - the brightness in a fully light controlled room is too much.

Does anyone use low lamp for HDR?
I run low lamp with a far more smaller screen. as been suggested you can always close down the iris I run HDR at 100 nits ~30FL perhaps knock a few notches back if indeed just far to bright for your liking. not just nits but size of screen can mean a ton of light pumping off it which in itself can give impression of really bright

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is online now  
post #2415 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 02:04 PM
Senior Member
 
DennisLJacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
No, with 8k eshift off there is no degradation of the image. It is only with eshift on that there is more noise and a bloating of the pixels. The NX9 is still sharper than either the NX7 or NX5 due to the better lens. The RS4500 is still better yet because of the light source. The laser light source has less noise and is more stable than bulb.

I think that will all be confirmed with more units in the wild and Nigel's further testing of the new JVCs and Sonys.
Thanks Greg, I hope Nigel can confirm this for us. I haven't quite heard that the lens is performing as good as in the RS4500. I'm not sure the laser light engine is the reason for better lens performance. The NX7 hasn't been seen or compared yet by Nigel that I'm aware of.
DennisLJacob is offline  
post #2416 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,923
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1940 Post(s)
Liked: 1239
Really frustrating today.

My UPS status shows my RS3000 is at the local UPS office in town but it is closed on Saturday. I will have to wait until Monday evening when UPS resumes normal delivery.
GregCh is offline  
post #2417 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
rak306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 990
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 616 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrog View Post
... But, are you saying that there's NOTHING further to be gained with HIGH Dynamic Range versus STANDARD Dynamic Range BT2020? If that's the case, why did HDR ever evolve as the "gold standard" if there are problems with tone mapping over a wide range of display devices?
Dolby invented PQ in order to better use 12 bits code words. It is set such that a single bit code change results in an undetectable (by human vision) visual change. And this is for all signals from 0.01 to 10k nits. But keep in mind, most UHD signals are only 10 bit. And as such, a single bit change is about twice as large as just noticeable. This makes banding more likely.

Now when convering the PQ signal to SDR, we only need to cover the dynamic range of the display device. Also remember, the UHD blu-ray players (and HTPCs with madvr) convert to 12 bit SDR. For projectors, the max output is not much over 100 nits.

If we take a 12 bit, 2.4 gamma projector with 100nit peak output, a single bit code change will be below the Barton curve (better than the 10 bit PQ, and nearly as good as 12 bit PQ). Of course, the signal will be limited to the 10 bit PQ input.

So yea, I would say for projectors, there is no advantage to using a PQ curve.
rak306 is offline  
post #2418 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
woofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SwiftsCreek, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,496
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1430 Post(s)
Liked: 2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
The NX9 is still sharper than either the NX7 or NX5 due to the better lens.
Will be interesting to see 'IF" that is the case in reality ..
Reddig and Aztar35 like this.
woofer is online now  
post #2419 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JeffR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked: 531
When I look at Nigel's images in fire fox (enlarged) I can see pixel structure where the e-shift is gone.
Look at the blue area of her sweater just below her earring and you can see pixels and if you start to look all over, the pixels become more apparent.

Personally when viewing an image up this close I would expect to see pixel structure and not what e-shift is doing _ which appears to make the image look "fuzzy".
JeffR1 is offline  
post #2420 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 2,719
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultzar View Post
Not everybody is posting. I'm scheduled to receive an RS3000 on Monday as is somebody else I know.
Very true. Some people just post when they have questions about setup or operational issues. Some people don't like to post things like "I finally took the plunge and bought the ______!" or "tracking says it just crossed the Rockies!" or "I just received a big box at my front door." This isn't Facebook.

P.S. I'm not intending to tweak anyone here. Just trying to explain why some folks who know their projectors are on the way or will be coming shortly might not be posting to that effect.
Dandlj, Ribeye1 and Renerator like this.

Last edited by smitty; 01-19-2019 at 03:01 PM.
smitty is offline  
post #2421 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 02:58 PM
Member
 
midblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wilmington, MA
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Has anyone tested the NX7 or NX9 with games? How do they look with Xbox One X or PS4 Pro games in 4K HDR?

Also regarding 8K e-shift, has anyone done an objective comparison on various video content? It’s essentially just anti-aliasing, so it might actually look better depending on the source resolution and format. If you have a clean 4K source than I admit it’s unlikely to add anything.

JVC RS2000 • Denon AVR-X4400W (7.2.4) • ATI 4007 • Outlaw Model 7700 • Bowers & Wilkins CM series S2 • Rythmik FV18 sub x2
midblue is offline  
post #2422 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,246
Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5250 Post(s)
Liked: 3417
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
I appreciate the response, but it basically illuminates the entire problem. You are a huge dealer for these projectors and JVC still hasn't given you any definitive dates when they are over 3 months late. Its pretty ridiculous.
He has dates and pasted them but you ignored them even though you quoted it and still continued on lol. Here are the dates he pasted:
Hang in there - we should be close. The RS2000's and hopefully 1000's should start shipping early Feb. and continue through the month of Feb., and I'd guess it will take until the end of March to fill all the back orders - while the free lamp deal is in effect. So it should hopefully only be another couple of weeks. JVC pretty much has to ship all the pre-orders before the lamp coupon expires.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #2423 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
grendelrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
He has dates and pasted them but you ignored them even though you quoted it and still continued on lol. Here are the dates he pasted:
Hang in there - we should be close. The RS2000's and hopefully 1000's should start shipping early Feb. and continue through the month of Feb., and I'd guess it will take until the end of March to fill all the back orders - while the free lamp deal is in effect. So it should hopefully only be another couple of weeks. JVC pretty much has to ship all the pre-orders before the lamp coupon expires.
And you ignored where he said, Note: this is just an educated guess. I am not plugged into the JVC Mother Ship. meaning he has not dates from JVC. Anyways, I dont want to keep posting about it, I said my peace.
Renerator likes this.
grendelrt is offline  
post #2424 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Kris Deering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Pacific Northwet
Posts: 10,830
Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4005 Post(s)
Liked: 6976
Just heard back from Panasonic on the UB9000 and the new modes. The High Luminance Projector mode is the same as what was on the UB820 for projectors and is designed for 500 nits. The other is the new mode and designed to 350. The dynamic range slider does not change the target nits at all (so it doesn't change the multiplier like it does for SDR2020), it just changes the steepness of the tone map curve. But the tone map is fixed for a display of that value.

My Home Theater UPDATED DEC 2017
Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine
Deep Dive AV - Calibration, Consulting and Education
Kris Deering is offline  
post #2425 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 03:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
tehotaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 52
So I will ask the question again...are the Lens, "e-shift" and marginal increases in contrast and brightness worth the money between the Nx7 and Nx9? If seems even less than the value jump of "hand picked" components as in the past. I am sure the lens may be different at specific throw ranges, but in what way?

Last edited by tehotaone; 01-19-2019 at 03:58 PM.
tehotaone is offline  
post #2426 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,542
Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12560 Post(s)
Liked: 10174
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
Today is 4 months since I put my pre order in for a RS2000. Honestly super surprised I haven't cancelled it. The bulb promo may be whats keeping me. Seriously though, where are the updates? End of December we were told back in production, shipping imminent. Dead silence except for the occasional could be this week or next unofficial reports. Glad JVC fixed their issue but this lack of communication ( to us and our dealers) just sucks bad.
I think after a few more reports start to come in, you will be glad you did not cancel.
Jim Cutter likes this.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #2427 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,542
Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12560 Post(s)
Liked: 10174
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
I haven't read yet even a single positive thing about EShift 8K. I think it is pointless to a ridiculous degree. Not sure yet what JVC was thinking when they decided to put this function on the NX9. Eshift is another mechanical moving part that could generate more issues down the road, not to mention the video noise that is introducing already. I won't be surprised if the NX5/NX7 with a lesser lens looks sharper than the NX9. Would be great if JVC decide to take it completely out of the NX9 in future revisions, though.
I will take that bet.
GregCh likes this.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #2428 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,542
Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12560 Post(s)
Liked: 10174
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehotaone View Post
So I will ask the question again...are the Lens, "e-shift" and marginal increases in contrast and brightness worth the money between the Nx7 and Nx9? If seems even less than the value jump of "hand picked" components as in the past. I am sure the lens may be different at specific throw ranges, but in what way?
The lens in the RS3000 is a slightly improved version of the RS4500 lens. The light source is different and the processing may be different. But the processing and light source on the RS2000 and the RS3000 are the same, so yes the much better lens is going to provide a better image. If the RS3000 comes very close to holding its own against the double the price 4500, then it sounds like a win to me.

Added
People made the same argument between the lamp based JVC 6XX series units and the 4500, when the 4500 first came out. But funny enough, once more people saw the 4500, the less that argument was made.

Last edited by Mike Garrett; 01-19-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #2429 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pultzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle, Wa, USA
Posts: 1,181
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Just heard back from Panasonic on the UB9000 and the new modes. The High Luminance Projector mode is the same as what was on the UB820 for projectors and is designed for 500 nits. The other is the new mode and designed to 350. The dynamic range slider does not change the target nits at all (so it doesn't change the multiplier like it does for SDR2020), it just changes the steepness of the tone map curve. But the tone map is fixed for a display of that value.
Any word on if this is coming to the 820?
Pultzar is offline  
post #2430 of 18173 Old 01-19-2019, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wizziwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 3,546
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2238 Post(s)
Liked: 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash1977 View Post
I was finally able to hook up my NX9
2) My unit displays the same streaking as others have noticed. My RS600 streaked vertically and this unit steaks horizontally, i would say worse then the RS600
How does it compare with internal reflections of bright objects on dark backgrounds vs. the RS600? If you still have both projectors, some comparison photos of streaking and/or reflections would be much appreciated (especially with difficult test patterns). Also how do bright corners on black backgrounds compare?. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofer View Post
Will be interesting to see 'IF" that is the case in reality ..
Well, you can already compare Arrow's NX5 QBF pics from Cedia to his pics of the NX9 using same patterns and camera. Do you see a significant improvement in sharpness from the larger lens? The NX7 should be similar to the NX5 in this regard unless that NX5 sample at Cedia was a "golden sample" that will not be representative of most final NX5/NX7 units.

Last edited by Wizziwig; 01-19-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Wizziwig is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off