Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 841 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 22473Likes

post #25201 of 25329 Old 03-26-2020, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Liked: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf113 View Post
You might want to check this out. If you have the throw distance for it you can save some money:

https://www.panamorph.com/paladin-c-dcr/

Now this is very interesting ... As luck would have it I have exactly 15 ft on a 106inch wide screen. It's tempting to see somwthing at a more reasonable price point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Craig Peer likes this.

Gear: Fronts: B&W 804D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W 684S2 | Heights: B&W DM601S3 | Subs: 3x PSA S1500 Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Monoprice Monolith 7x200 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Screen: 126 inch 16:9 Stewart Studiotek 130 G4 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25202 of 25329 Old 03-26-2020, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7272 Post(s)
Liked: 7302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
Actually it's more like "have to ask for permission" since our income ratio is like 5:1 in her favor. She keeps my champagne dreams under a manageable beer budget or I would drive us both into the poor house. BUT.....As long as I have the cash I can do whatever I want.
Nothing wrong with a 5:1 ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by marswill View Post
After seeing the review of the RS3000 in the June issue of Sound & Vision I mentioned to my wife how impressive the reviewers were of the RS3000. I told her what it cost and she said, why don't I get one to upgrade my RS1, so I did. What a difference 12 years makes. I couldn't believe what I'd been missing. I have the RS3000 married to a Denon AVR-X7200WA and Panasonic UB820. I couldn't be happier, and my wife loves it too.
See that, you know you picked a good one when you got married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerdude View Post
I did hide once a pair of Meridian DSP6000 in my garage for a few days while I sold my DSP5000.
I had guys swap and hang a TV while the wife was away...... Chris it has to be here this particular week, let me explain why...lol
Killroy and dgrizzard like this.
post #25203 of 25329 Old 03-26-2020, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 18
My JVC NX7 SDR Settings seem to be washed out.

Can anyone suggest a good set of Settings for a JVC NX7 to playback SDR TV, as in News, Weather and Sports, from an Apple TV 4K (running Youtube TV) which upconverts everything TV to 2160P SDR Output?

Thank you in advance.

Murray Kerdman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25204 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 05:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2013 Post(s)
Liked: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerdman View Post

Can anyone suggest a good set of Settings for a JVC NX7 to playback SDR TV, as in News, Weather and Sports, from an Apple TV 4K (running Youtube TV) which upconverts everything TV to 2160P SDR Output?

Thank you in advance.
leave brightness and contrast on zero. colour to eye.....

for SDR get yourself a light meter and with a pure white screen ... put iris on manual an adjust to get 12-16 FL with meter pointing to projector and you FC setting multiplied with screen gain. depending on screen size you might have to take off low lamp. or put on low lamp to achieve this sort of output.

not much else these things are pretty good out of box....

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Welcome to my lounge room :)
post #25205 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 06:07 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 999
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
I wish I could do that...although, each check would be zero if I could.

We have almost the same story. I helped put my wife through school where she earned a double Masters in health care management and administration. Her career took off and she told me to go ahead and retire and enjoy the fruits of our long labor. My pension is peanuts (but aren't most government pensions?). I learned quickly that I sucked at the financial aspect so I deferred to her superior financial and fiduciary skills. Now we have a beautiful semi-modest home that is almost paid off and I built a great HT that I pretty much always dreamed off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
We went the other way. My wife was a teacher. One year after we were married, we had our first child. My wife stopped teaching and became a stay at home mother.
Mike,

Hey buddy if we had went the Children way I would have kept working and honestly because of the way I think and my personality.
The child or children would have definitely came 1st, ALWAYS !!!

Great job Sir

Terry
post #25206 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 06:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post

for SDR get yourself a light meter and with a pure white screen ... put iris on manual an adjust to get 12-16 FL with meter pointing to projector and you FC setting multiplied with screen gain. depending on screen size you might have to take off low lamp. or put on low lamp to achieve this sort of output.

Thanks for the input.

Murray Kerdman
post #25207 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2013 Post(s)
Liked: 1399
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post

Thanks for the input.
No problem once have luminance set ie 12-16FL at centre of screen can put iris back to auto, I use auto 2 as less aggressive but welcome to try auto 1 as well 🙂 these are great projectors 🙂

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Welcome to my lounge room :)
post #25208 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Got a call from my dealer that my projector is sitting with the distributor and cannot be sent to JVC UK anytime soon, because of the current situation. This was going to a swedish service center at first, but JVC wanted to have a look themselves (which I think is great). So dealer asked if I wanted to pick it up so that I at least have something to run until this shipping business with the UK is sorted. I guess Im not the only one sitting at home watching tons of movies right now

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk
Azekecse likes this.
post #25209 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:

Thank you in advance.
I use BT.709 and Cinema/Natural, Auto2 on SDR content, of course YMMV, depending on Screen, distances, etc. This works for me, try that and customize to your taste. I want to get my projector calibrated, but that's on the back burner. Hope this helps. Stay safe.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Marantz SR7011: 7.4.4 Martin Logan Edges (4: FR/FL/SR/SL) Martin Logan Axis (2: SBL/SBR) Martin Logan Stage X (Center) Martin Logan 1500X Sub (2) Martin Logan 1100X Sub (2) Sonance VP86R SST/SUR (4: Dolby Atmos) JVC NX-7/DaLite 125" 2:35:1 Scope Screen; Paladin DCR
post #25210 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azekecse View Post
I use BT.709 and Cinema/Natural, Auto2 on SDR content, of course YMMV, depending on Screen, distances, etc. This works for me, try that and customize to your taste. I want to get my projector calibrated, but that's on the back burner. Hope this helps. Stay safe.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
I'll try those Settings, thanks.

Murray Kerdman
post #25211 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 24
When I focuse my new NX5 I see some lens shift. Is this normal for JVC?

Will lens memory work reliably?
post #25212 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Quoted: 13421 Post(s)
Liked: 11070
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemannthey View Post

Lens memory is not 100% perfect. Only way you can get perfect aspect ratio changes is with some device that is doing it electronically or an A-lens.
post #25213 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
i have a little issue with the rs1000 / n5 working with my logitech companion. I created an action including the projector and everything works, exept turning the projector on. (going into the menu, navigating and shutting it off works) but i cant turn the freakin' thing on. i tried to add a separate command to the startup sequence of the action but there is no command for "power on".

Anyone experienced the same issue or has an idea (even better)
post #25214 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malicedr View Post
i have a little issue with the rs1000 / n5 working with my logitech companion. I created an action including the projector and everything works, exept turning the projector on. (going into the menu, navigating and shutting it off works) but i cant turn the freakin' thing on. i tried to add a separate command to the startup sequence of the action but there is no command for "power on".

I have a Logitech hub remote. It has a power on command that has to be called a few times to power the projector on.

When my nx5 is off there are no lights. After one power on command a red light then another power on command turns it on and the light go green and the nx5 starts.

A bit of custom command work is needed but it works for me.
post #25215 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:

Maybe you need to turn eco mode off in the projector.
Mike Garrett likes this.
post #25216 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
I have a Logitech hub remote. It has a power on command that has to be called a few times to power the projector on.

When my nx5 is off there are no lights. After one power on command a red light then another power on command turns it on and the light go green and the nx5 starts.

A bit of custom command work is needed but it works for me.
thx, thats seems to be the issue, i cant (don't know) how to add an additional "power on" action. there are no selectable options for Power on/off (see screenshot)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MadVR.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	2702404  
post #25217 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
thx, thats seems to be the issue, i cant (don't know) how to add an additional "power on" action. there are no selectable options for Power on/off (see screenshot)
I use a differnet interface but you look to be in the right spot.

The Step #1 is the one you want to copy. Look for power on in the 2nd column where #1 shows the command. You may need to add a small sleep depending on how long other things take.

Have fun!
post #25218 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

I had this issue with a replacement NX7 As I focused the lens, I would see a very noticeable lens shift (jump) as I focused in and out. I didn't happen with either of my previous ones, so I took a video of it happening with my iPhone sent it to JVC support and after sending it to HQ they immediately did an advanced replacement.

I am not sure yours is as bad as mine was, but if it bugs you, its worth a shot.

Cheers Stephen
post #25219 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 2173 Post(s)
Liked: 764
HDR and DI setting

Hi folks:

For the longest of time, I was running the DI wide open for HDR as I “thought” I needed maximum brightness .The other night I made a small tweak based on the boards advice and adjusted the DI to -4...my goodness I cannot believe what this small tweak has done to the “pop”!!

I watched Ford vs Ferrari a couple weeks ago with DI wide open and given no metadata on the disc was varying between DTM medium vs high...

With the DI at -4, no messing around with DTM on Medium, picture simply POPS!! Drop dead gorgeous!
Craig Peer and skylarlove1999 like this.

Video:JVC NX7, 125” 2.35 Stewart ST100 Electric, Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b, 25s, Dual SVS SB3000
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3
Source: Panasonic UB820, Triple black velvet batcave
post #25220 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by estabanj View Post
I had this issue with a replacement NX7 As I focused the lens, I would see a very noticeable lens shift (jump) as I focused in and out. I didn't happen with either of my previous ones, so I took a video of it happening with my iPhone sent it to JVC support and after sending it to HQ they immediately did an advanced replacement.

I am not sure yours is as bad as mine was, but if it bugs you, its worth a shot.

Cheers Stephen
Thanks for the the info. Soulds like what my NX5 is doing. during focuse it can move 6+ inches and then jump back. I guess I will call support and see what they advise.
post #25221 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Hi folks:

For the longest of time, I was running the DI wide open for HDR as I “thought” I needed maximum brightness .The other night I made a small tweak based on the boards advice and adjusted the DI to -4...my goodness I cannot believe what this small tweak has done to the “pop”!!

I watched Ford vs Ferrari a couple weeks ago with DI wide open and given no metadata on the disc was varying between DTM medium vs high...

With the DI at -4, no messing around with DTM on Medium, picture simply POPS!! Drop dead gorgeous!
-3 to -5 is what I recommended to you. Glad you tried it.
asharma and skylarlove1999 like this.
post #25222 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Thanks for the the info. Soulds like what my NX5 is doing. during focuse it can move 6+ inches and then jump back. I guess I will call support and see what they advise.
Yes sounds exactly the same as mine.
I would have the video ready to go, so you can do the email follow up immediately.

Sorry you had this with your brand new PJ, they are glorious to watch though. Stephen
skylarlove1999 likes this.
post #25223 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
-3 to -5 is what I recommended to you. Glad you tried it.
Thanks Mike...appreciate the advice!!! Looks really really nice! Is there any math, based on 30FL (iris wide open) , by tweaking back to -4, what numerically it did to my contrast?

Last edited by asharma; 03-27-2020 at 05:47 PM.
post #25224 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1668 Post(s)
Liked: 2593
Quote:
Hi folks:

Lamp power high or low?

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
post #25225 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
Lamp power high or low?
Hi Dave, lamp is set to HIGH Sir...
Dave Vaughn likes this.

post #25226 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked: 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Now this is very interesting ... As luck would have it I have exactly 15 ft on a 106inch wide screen. It's tempting to see somwthing at a more reasonable price point
I really love my DCR, but I will be honest and say that the advertised minimum throw ratio was a few inches off. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get the lens close enough to the projector lens to meet the minimum throw. This could be because my projector is on a shelf, and the bracket doesn't work very well when the projector is right side up sitting up high (vs ceiling mounted upside down). If I had a couple more millimeters of adjustment I could have hit the exact minimum throw, but just as a warning, if you are dead on with your minimum, I'd be a bit nervous. If you have a few inches of play, then no problem. Just my 2 cents..
N8DOGG and tommarra like this.
post #25227 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 07:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 724 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Hi folks:

What was your starting / calibrated peak fL for HDR? It seems closing the manual iris even slightly drops a LOT of luminance (?500 lumens at -4). Perhaps you were starting off very bright though.

post #25228 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 724 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkersten View Post
I really love my DCR, but I will be honest and say that the advertised minimum throw ratio was a few inches off. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get the lens close enough to the projector lens to meet the minimum throw. This could be because my projector is on a shelf, and the bracket doesn't work very well when the projector is right side up sitting up high (vs ceiling mounted upside down). If I had a couple more millimeters of adjustment I could have hit the exact minimum throw, but just as a warning, if you are dead on with your minimum, I'd be a bit nervous. If you have a few inches of play, then no problem. Just my 2 cents..

You have to remember JVC spec allows 10% variance to minimum throw listed in the manual. So that can in turn impact DCR minimum throw

post #25229 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 08:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1668 Post(s)
Liked: 2593
Quote:
Hi Dave, lamp is set to HIGH Sir...
Thanks! Still loving the subs?

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
post #25230 of 25329 Old 03-27-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
What was your starting / calibrated peak fL for HDR? It seems closing the manual iris even slightly drops a LOT of luminance (?500 lumens at -4). Perhaps you were starting off very bright though.

Where are you coming up with that number. Heck in low lamp and -15 you are looking at 450 lumens. It certainly is way higher than 500 in high lamp -4 iris setting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
drift , Jvc , nx5 , nx7 , nx9 , pixel alignment , rs1000 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page