Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 97 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 18882Likes

post #2881 of 20801 Old 01-22-2019, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
Hi,

Looks good.

Turn off zone correction though, don't use it! It's responsible for the greyscale colour shift, same with fine adjustment to a degree.

Only use single pixel full screen corrections if you can. If you require any adjustments past that then use a couple clicks of fine adjustment max.

Ideally if you do single pixel adjustment and can't see the convergence issues from a few ft away then leave it. The colour shift in greyscale however can be seen from very far away.

Without zone adjustment the pattern would not look as good. I can’t use a single click do to the nature of my convergence issues. Itnis fine at center. On the left side of the screen, the white vertical lines show a very visible line of red to the right side of the lines. On the right side of the screen, the red line is on the left side of tue vertical lines.

Can you elaborate on the greyscale shift and why zone and fine pixel adjustment messes with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Colozeus; 01-22-2019 at 10:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2882 of 20801 Old 01-22-2019, 10:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Quoted: 5491 Post(s)
Liked: 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colozeus View Post
Im in the process of letting my 3000 warm up for an hour. I’m then going to reset all my previous panel alignment, redo alignment and focus and then load up qbf. This is per jvcs’ instructions via my dealer. I’ll report back with some iphone pics. Looks like I’ll have to live with non perfect convergence. I am mainly going to assess sharpness and focus uniformity.
My RS4500 I got today doesn't have perfect convergence either. I let it warm up for 2 hours then did a zone alignment on RED and looked hard for the artifacts caused by zone alignment and honestly see none. Now the convergence looks great.

Also on focus, one way I was focusing the RS4500 today is on a pure white screen at 1 foot from the screen looking for the pixel grid and just focusing to make sure the pixel grid is visible all over.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #2883 of 20801 Old 01-22-2019, 10:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I dunno, perhaps i am taking pixel peeping too seriously. What do you guys think of my qbf results? The focus does soften a little towards either side of the screen. I took these after letting the projector warm up for an hour, i reset and performed pixel alignment all over again, it took 2-3 clicks of fine adjustment for blue and red and then i performed zone adjustment on the entire right side and left side of center. Some zones needed 8 clicks to get red in line and on average i would say 5-6 clicks per zone. Flipping back and forth from on and off for pixel alignment on the qbf pattern did make a noticeable difference, especially for white on black text. With pixel align on, it appears to be a tad bit sharper. Please note, i was limited to 4k 444 at 8bits. (because windows 10 and msi gaming laptop nonsense and i don't have mini dp to hdmi) iphone 8 camera

Spoiler!
That looks pretty damned good to me! Congrats you got a nice unit.
ARROW-AV likes this.

Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2884 of 20801 Old 01-22-2019, 10:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi,

Looks good.

Turn off zone correction though, don't use it! It's responsible for the greyscale colour shift, same with fine adjustment to a degree.

Only use single pixel full screen corrections if you can. If you require any adjustments past that then use a couple clicks of fine adjustment max.

Ideally if you do single pixel adjustment and can't see the convergence issues from a few ft away then leave it. The colour shift in greyscale however can be seen from very far away.
Is there a test pattern that can show the color shift?

post #2885 of 20801 Old 01-22-2019, 11:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztar35 View Post
Hi, Jason. As far as t-mapping, I wouldn't use the Fury Integral with the NX9. I would let the projector do the mapping, or you can try the PJ in combo with the UB820.

I was on the list but cancelled and now hoping I could demo at Brian's, but it will be a while before he can have one for demo.

Hopefully you get a good sample. PM me when you've had a chance to test yours out. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Will do! Still confused with the tone mapping feature. Hopefully I will get some benefit vs what I was already doing with the integral.
post #2886 of 20801 Old 01-22-2019, 11:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Here is something for you guys to test out Check the low end.

I found it to be to bright. So Brightness need to be turned down to -3 to -4.
If not this is done you measure in 2.4 gamma liniar from 5-100% gamma 2.4 but 0-5 % like this 1% 2,1, 2% 2,15, 3% 2,4 4% 2,4 and 5% 2,4

Then you get very much noise in the dark end of the picture.

Just need to verify if its like this with all units out there. Have tested this with 2 units with same result. You actually see it on test patterns. That its to bright and that you clearly visible even form sitting position, you see bar 17 way to bright in brightness patterns.

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio
post #2887 of 20801 Old 01-22-2019, 11:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6864 Post(s)
Liked: 6863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th601 View Post
Oh yea for sure, but this one stands out to me, because it sounds like a hardware issue. Then again I may be wrong. This will be my first projector.
May be your first projector but its not your first display devise. There are pros and cons to every machine made, they all have flaws, you just have to pick the right machine for yourself and the flaws you can live with. JVC has proven thru the years they make the most solid projector while providing the best picture available which will last thru the years. These units just came out and we have no where near the user feedback needed as of yet to really pass judgement.
post #2888 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 12:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 499 Post(s)
Quoted: 6937 Post(s)
Liked: 6643
Quote:
Can you elaborate on the greyscale shift and why zone and fine pixel adjustment messes with it?
Its not greyscale solid colours its actually fine textures in greyscale, your images honestly dont show much of an issue there... You can see it here, there are a bunch of differnt colours appearing when it should all be grey. Thats visible from miles away to me anyway... But honestly it doesnt show up much in content.

If you are happy with your adjustments then leave it. I generally dont and wouldnt use Zone though, but thats me. I would prefer to pick a full screen adjustment that is the lesser of all evils rather than do zone.

Looking at your images, it seems like your lens is pretty good! The text is not overly blurring in any one place vs another at least from these images, you dont seem to have text fringing and bleeding. Looks good man.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #2889 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 02:23 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 2824 Post(s)
Liked: 1958
Quote:
Without zone adjustment the pattern would not look as good. I can’t use a single click do to the nature of my convergence issues. Itnis fine at center. On the left side of the screen, the white vertical lines show a very visible line of red to the right side of the lines. On the right side of the screen, the red line is on the left side of tue vertical lines.

At an implementation level; I'm not sure how familiar you are with the workings of these projectors. The root cause is that one or more of the panels are fractionally mis-aligned in some direction. But there aren't any mechanisms hooked up to the pixel adjustments that actually move the panels. All the adjustments are achieved by modifying the pixel values.

If you have a uniform full (or close to full) pixel mis-alignment in one or more channels then you can just "slide" all the data for that channel in the correct direction. This is a good solution.

However, this doesn't address slight misalignment, which is where the fine adjustment comes in. You clearly can't slide a whole pixel a small amount on the panel; and I'm not sure exactly the algorithm used, but basically I think a small proportion of the R or B pixel value is slid into the adjacent pixels, depending on how high you dial up the settings. This counteracts the mis-alignment to an extent, and works reasonably well so long as you don't have a very fine pattern of alternating lines as then the "trick" used becomes obvious.

The reason zone adjustment is less favoured is that this applies varying amounts of this pixel value "sliding" in areas around the screen, giving you areas on screen now which are being treated distinctly and much more chance of spotting the trick in action as there are now edges to the "trick" in the frame, which might be revealed by the content. Test images will very quickly expose it, and depending on the usage scenario (eg PC desktop / graphics / device menus /etc ) you might well spot it in action.
Highjinx and SoulOfUniverse like this.
post #2890 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 03:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
At an implementation level; I'm not sure how familiar you are with the workings of these projectors. The root cause is that one or more of the panels are fractionally mis-aligned in some direction. But there aren't any mechanisms hooked up to the pixel adjustments that actually move the panels. All the adjustments are achieved by modifying the pixel values.

If you have a uniform full (or close to full) pixel mis-alignment in one or more channels then you can just "slide" all the data for that channel in the correct direction. This is a good solution.

However, this doesn't address slight misalignment, which is where the fine adjustment comes in. You clearly can't slide a whole pixel a small amount on the panel; and I'm not sure exactly the algorithm used, but basically I think a small proportion of the R or B pixel value is slid into the adjacent pixels, depending on how high you dial up the settings. This counteracts the mis-alignment to an extent, and works reasonably well so long as you don't have a very fine pattern of alternating lines as then the "trick" used becomes obvious.

The reason zone adjustment is less favoured is that this applies varying amounts of this pixel value "sliding" in areas around the screen, giving you areas on screen now which are being treated distinctly and much more chance of spotting the trick in action as there are now edges to the "trick" in the frame, which might be revealed by the content. Test images will very quickly expose it, and depending on the usage scenario (eg PC desktop / graphics / device menus /etc ) you might well spot it in action.
This is a good explanation, but I've done a pretty good zone alignment and it looks great in real content, desktop, text, games I can't see any evidence of it anywhere. When I zone aligned my sony, I remember having greenish splotching all over light grey patterns. And I remember when I had like a windows explorer window up and moved it around I could find spots where it was greener than others. That seems not to be the case here.

post #2891 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 03:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Max package size for UPS is (length + 2 x width + 2 x height) 136" or less. If you measure the size of the JVC boxes and add the recommended 6" extra to length, width and height, you will not be able to ship it with UPS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
You could encase these units with 1/4" plate steel and allow the unit to hoover in air and shippers would still find a way to damage them......

Figured rs4500 too big, didn't think about these hitting limit. Ah well, not full race harness, but at least wearing cute little lap belt for last leg of journey.

Agree shipper could still have a "head on crash".

One good thing about delay past holidays: UPS not using all the extra young kids, er "runners" they employ during rush to throw packages, er "deliver" onto concrete porches lol My sons friend (who can break anything) actually got uniform, but luckily for customers rush was over before he started lol.

Sorry for diversion. Thanks for heads up.
Reddig and Mike Garrett like this.

Dave
post #2892 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 04:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1699 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:

Let me start off by saying that I don't know the answer, but I have read contradicting posts on this subject. The majority have said something along the lines of what you do here, that any use of zone correction will have overall negative consequences. But I also recall reading the opposite, that despite many recommending not using it, there is really no harm with zone adjustment.

Has this been demonstrated objectively anywhere, one way or the other?

JVC NX7, DCR Lens, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #2893 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 04:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 499 Post(s)
Quoted: 6937 Post(s)
Liked: 6643
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
Let me start off by saying that I don't know the answer, but I have read contradicting posts on this subject. The majority have said something along the lines of what you do here, that any use of zone correction will have overall negative consequences. But I also recall reading the opposite, that despite many recommending not using it, there is really no harm with zone adjustment.

It's super easy to test. Load a textured pattern and play with it and have a look at it. More classic example, look how Sony's display those patterns from factory. It's the same exactly thing as a zone correction but an extreme case.
DLCPhoto likes this.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #2894 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 04:47 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 2824 Post(s)
Liked: 1958
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
This is a good explanation, but I've done a pretty good zone alignment and it looks great in real content, desktop, text, games I can't see any evidence of it anywhere. When I zone aligned my sony, I remember having greenish splotching all over light grey patterns. And I remember when I had like a windows explorer window up and moved it around I could find spots where it was greener than others. That seems not to be the case here.
I'm not commenting on quantifying how good it might or might not be, merely explaining how it works so folk can see why it might have a negative impact in some images. I guess it will depend to a large extent on how much of the adjustment you use, how many distinct zones are dialed in with radically different values, etc.

Quote:
It's super easy to test. Load a textured pattern and play with it and have a look at it. More classic example, look how Sony's display those patterns from factory. It's the same exactly thing as a zone correction but an extreme case.
Out of interest, did you ever find any good real-world examples? We all know you can find a test image to expose pretty much any image processing algorithm; alternating single pixel lines has to be one of the least likely patterns to occur in nature though.
post #2895 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
That file has to be played back at 444, there is likely a 420 conversion occurring in his setup, either the UHD player or AVR.
My Shield can only play 444 in 8bit 709 color space. That is what I used for playing this image via Kodi. Should this make a difference
Correct me if I am wrong but all UHD movies exist at 420 as the cost/file size of 444 would be astronomical and the visual difference imperceptible.
post #2896 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
May be your first projector but its not your first display devise. There are pros and cons to every machine made, they all have flaws, you just have to pick the right machine for yourself and the flaws you can live with. JVC has proven thru the years they make the most solid projector while providing the best picture available which will last thru the years. These units just came out and we have no where near the user feedback needed as of yet to really pass judgement.

This isn’t passing judgment. This is an actual thing going on. Yes, these units just came out and so far 3 users are reporting issues with a clicking noise. I personally don’t see this as a flaw I could live with, considering the price I’ll be paying. If I continue to see more issues with this I will cancel my pre-order and go with something else.

Bytehoven likes this.
post #2897 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
I have Spyder 5 pro and have managed HCFR to work with my Spyder 5.

What I can't figure out is how do I use the two to adjust the manual iris to be 14-17 fL on SDR?

Is there a guide to do that? I searched but could not find a guide to do simply that

If you kind people can point me to the resource that would be great!

Curious about this also
BondDonBond likes this.
post #2898 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 06:00 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Mentioned: 299 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3895 Post(s)
Liked: 1815
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
Quote:
This isn’t passing judgment. This is an actual thing going on. Yes, these units just came out and so far 3 users are reporting issues with a clicking noise. I personally don’t see this as a flaw I could live with, considering the price I’ll be paying. If I continue to see more issues with this I will cancel my pre-order and go with something else.
I ran into the same issue with JVC's new DLP 4K but besides the Clicking there was a LOUD Buzzing when E-Shift was on. Clearly heard during most content short of Bombs or screaming Dinosaurs. You could even hear it coming up the Stairwell 15' away! Tried installing two different units before giving up and switching to a x790r.

I strongly agree with you...and with a NX9 going up in the air on Friday, I'm hoping I'll get a pass on that issue. If not, the individual concerned will not tolerate such since that pricey big girl will almost be directly over the seating (just ahead actually).
Th601 likes this.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings
post #2899 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Quoted: 5232 Post(s)
Liked: 2058
Quote:
I have Spyder 5 pro and have managed HCFR to work with my Spyder 5.

What I can't figure out is how do I use the two to adjust the manual iris to be 14-17 fL on SDR?

Is there a guide to do that? I searched but could not find a guide to do simply that

If you kind people can point me to the resource that would be great!

If you’ve already set up Spyder 5 with HCFR then it’s just a matter of projecting a white pattern and measuring the luminance (in nits or ft-L). The link in my signature provides some more details.

JVC DLA-NX7; Denon AVR-X3400H; HD Fury Vertex; ATV4K; Fire TV Cube
JVC Projector Bright Curves; Optimizing HDR;
Creating a basic HDR curve using Arve’s Tool;
Replacing JVC Bare Bulbs
post #2900 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:

I think folks should be entitled to be weary of issues, we are all spending a lot of money.

We still don’t know what the problem was that stopped production! This could be it and maybe the firmware did not fix it completely? I don’t think we will ever know because jvc did not identify the problem publicly.

I’m starting to think jvc pushed this year units out too quick, maybe they would have been better off waiting one more year.

It makes me think about waiting till fall until they release a revised edition.
post #2901 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 12848 Post(s)
Liked: 10485
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesAnotherTweet View Post
It does do it in SDR but not as loud or active. It's like the difference between High Lamp vs Low Lamp, the fan is a lot more quiet in Low Lamp.
If it was the iris, it should sound the same in high and low lamp and HDR/SDR. Now it may be harder to hear in high lamp, but the iris sound should not change going into high lamp. If it does, it is probably not the iris making that noise.
post #2902 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra 150 pilot View Post
I think folks should be entitled to be weary of issues, we are all spending a lot of money.

We still don’t know what the problem was that stopped production! This could be it and maybe the firmware did not fix it completely? I don’t think we will ever know because jvc did not identify the problem publicly.

I’m starting to think jvc pushed this year units out too quick, maybe they would have been better off waiting one more year.

Yea I’m debating the same thing. I’m in no particular hurry.

Bytehoven likes this.
post #2903 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra 150 pilot View Post

Gives me pause as well. It is beginning to look a little like quality control roulette. (At the rate these are trickling out might be waiting for the NX5 until fall anyway).
Bytehoven likes this.
post #2904 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Quoted: 2447 Post(s)
Liked: 2298
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4vu View Post
Still waiting on my NX9....my situation is similar to yours as I have a 160” wide acoustically transparent screen. I was under the assumption that the tone mapping feature would allow me to enjoy hdr. I currently strip out the hdr with an integral 4K device with my jvc rs500. So how will hdr work in my scenario?
The Integral does not strip HDR. You can continue using the Integral to get your UB900 (I assume you have this) to send SDR BT2020. The JVC will not do any tone mapping, just as your RS500 does not with SDR BT2020.

You can try sending HDR to the NX9 by simply changing the EDID in the Integral to Custom EDID 11. The JVC can then apply its auto-tone mapping.

Compare both to see which you prefer.
seanbryan likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 01-23-2019 at 07:10 AM.
post #2905 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Yea I’m debating the same thing. I’m in no particular hurry.

I hear nothing with the DI on my NX7 while watching something. only when I am setting the manual iris I hear some whirring sound but it's not a click

Drem likes this.

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #2906 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Question about zone alignment... does it cause image tearing? For example, if I had a single pixel vertical line that scrolled across the screen, would it momentarily disappear as it crosses into adjacent zones? Or would the line appear as a broken line if one zone is adjusted left and the zone below is left untouched? Or is the projector able to keep the picture continuous across the entire screen?

I suspect the projector keeps the image continuous... having several missing pixels in zone borders would surely be visible in content...

I am DanLW.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/member...103-danlw.html
post #2907 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
I hear nothing with the DI on my NX7 while watching something. only when I am setting the manual iris I hear some whirring sound but it's not a click

I used mine for about an hour last night. UPS delivered at 7:45, grr.

I heard no clicking noise whatsoever on default HLG and high lamp mode.

I did notice that my old Peerless mount I have used on my RS46 and RS600, was not up to the task of holding the beast though. When the fan kicked on HDR mode the picture actually began to move back and forth a couple of inches or so. Good thing I have the Chief to put in tonight.

I was thoroughly impressed with the picture in HDR, watching Dunkirk and the helicopter scene in Mission Impossible, even with default tone mapping I found the picture to be better than using MADVR and my RS600. Not only was there more detail to be made out, blacks did not appear to be crushed in some spots that previously had black crush.

I have less and less SDR content but it will be interesting to see how that looks. I feel that will be the the trade off coming from the RS600. Give up a bit on SDR and gain it back on HDR.
post #2908 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlw2 View Post
Question about zone alignment... does it cause image tearing? For example, if I had a single pixel vertical line that scrolled across the screen, would it momentarily disappear as it crosses into adjacent zones? Or would the line appear as a broken line if one zone is adjusted left and the zone below is left untouched? Or is the projector able to keep the picture continuous across the entire screen?

I suspect the projector keeps the image continuous... having several missing pixels in zone borders would surely be visible in content...
Pixels won’t “disappear” as the the adjustment shifts red and blue to align with green which remains untouched. Not only that, there should be no major differences in the adjustments between adjacent zones.

Replacing JVC Bare Bulbs
post #2909 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post

Here’s one example:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post57436242

Replacing JVC Bare Bulbs
post #2910 of 20801 Old 01-23-2019, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoxxy View Post
I used mine for about an hour last night. UPS delivered at 7:45, grr.

I heard no clicking noise whatsoever on default HLG and high lamp mode.

I did notice that my old Peerless mount I have used on my RS46 and RS600, was not up to the task of holding the beast though. When the fan kicked on HDR mode the picture actually began to move back and forth a couple of inches or so. Good thing I have the Chief to put in tonight.

I was thoroughly impressed with the picture in HDR, watching Dunkirk and the helicopter scene in Mission Impossible, even with default tone mapping I found the picture to be better than using MADVR and my RS600. Not only was there more detail to be made out, blacks did not appear to be crushed in some spots that previously had black crush.

I have less and less SDR content but it will be interesting to see how that looks. I feel that will be the the trade off coming from the RS600. Give up a bit on SDR and gain it back on HDR.
Hi Yoxxy,
Just curious, which Peerless mount do you have. I was considering the PRG_UNV, but am worried now it may not be up to the task
Craig Peer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx5 , nx7 , nx9 , rs1000 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page