Originally Posted by alexr214
As someone else just noted, please share your thoughts on the image. Are you loving it? Any initial buyers remorse?
Coming from a 990, here are my thoughts:
- Better motion handling during panning scenes
- no black crush
- 990 had deeper blacks but less shadow detail
- Amazing color and image sharpness
- NO lamp flicker that i can tell
- Auto one mapping works reall well, even when using atv4k/infuse or netflix/amazon.
- improved sync times.
- calmer image
- More brightness
- No more lightpath fan noise, or at least its volume has been greatly reduced.
- No eshift noise if you turn off 8k, which you should, but even with it on, the noise is less than my 990.
- It's a heavy beast. Definitely a two person job to mount unless you are The Rock or John Cena.
- You will pixel peep because all the cool kids are doing so these days.
I'm projecting onto a 135" 16:9 elite screens cinewhite with 1.1 gain. Batcave that is painted with SW tricorn black superpaint flat, no velvet, yet. I do plan on adding black velvet to my room. THis should improve contrast quite a bit more.