Originally Posted by Kev1000000
I just started experiencing a new issue on FW C12. The overall warmth of the image will flicker to super cool for a split second and then go back to normal. It's so fast that it's barely noticeable, but I can assure you it's happening. It only seems to appear when switching between an HDR and then a non-HDR source. Has anyone else experienced this?
I saw the same issue on my unit with the latest firmware. The color of the image will switch from scene to scene regardless of whether you playing 4K HDR content or not. Notice on Kodi and other video streaming app.
Below is my finding on P1 after used it for a week with projecting to wall.
- The image really pop (even with a non pure white wall) only when there's no ambient light especially at night. Day time viewing definitely need a ALR screen, else it make no different with the low lumen china projector.
- When play with BD 1080p ISO (through Kodi), image is still acceptable but not as sharp as real 4K video.
- No references on manual focus make focus tuning difficult as you have no idea which level are you at.
- Playing 3D BD ISO (through Kodi) not working, image came out 2D only. Nothing can be switch on 3D setting from the Optoma menu.
- Cable that came with the unit is NOT HDMI 2.0 ! For those using HDMI 2.0 capable tvbox, you'll need to change the HDMI cable.
- The built in media player is SUCK !! It seem like not a Android TV version like nVidia Shield, no GMS too mean you'll not be able to login to Youtube or any google app. Any app that's utilize any component of GMS will not function correctly too. Original Youtube app can play in guest mode.
- Third party app which I sideloaded intermittently exit itself, although the app work correctly on my Nvidia Shield.
- The marketplace app have very limited app, the worst app store I ever see. The interface look like using Aptoide. The Youtube app is the third party youtube app which have issue to load. I have sideloaded official Aptoide TV app on my unit since Google Play Store is not possible at this stage until address the GMS stuff.
- There's Pico TTS component built into the system that need to be disable (through android app setting, you need a separate app to access this), or else you'll get headache when playing the official Youtube app. So annoying, I am wondering why they need to add that in !
- There's few hidden media player app came with default, you can only see it through other android management app.
- Sound quality is ok when play with Dolby stuff, but not fantastic. I basically output it to my speaker through Sonos Amp.
- Local distributor said anything more than 120", the image will start get blur at the edge as they has tested it.
- The measurement template only have 85", 100", 120". For 90" & 110" you'll have to manually dig out the info from Optoma website, it is there on one of the documentation.
Did any one manage to find a ALR screen with 1.0-1.5 gain with reasonable price?