Vava 4K UST pj announced - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 27Likes

post #91 of 98 Old 09-28-2019, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 30
There is no indication on the Vava that tells you whether it's playing an HDR content or not. But in the adjustment menu, there's an option to turn HDR on or off. On some movies I watch that I know has HDR, if I turn this Vava HDR switch to off, the color becomes very plain compared to when HDR is on.

It's possible that your Roku reports the Vava being HDR incompatible because you didn't have this HDR switch in the Vava turned on. If you did have the HDR switch to ON and Roku still says that the Vava is not HDR compatible, then I don't really know what happens. Did you try to ask Vava support to see what they say about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 Old 09-29-2019, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I got my VAVA projector late august, and got an Eltie screen CLR screen comming in in a month. I think the noise from the fans are too loud. I haven't used a sound meter, or anything. It has like two fan speeds. Fastest when turning on, and then it usually drops the the lowest fan level, but the volume still annoys me at times.
They could use some time on the interface, and also make it boot up the same HDMI channel that it used the last time - like a tv. Each time I have to use the VAVA remote to choose a HDMI channel, and I only got one... So if it could just boot up to the same HDMI channel that would be awesome.

I haven't tried any 4k yet, I'm waiting for the next appletv upgrade.

/cheers
post #93 of 98 Old 09-29-2019, 09:00 AM

I agree that the fan on the Vava is obnoxiously loud, at least the high level fan noise. I'm hoping that in the winter time, when the ambient temperature in my room is much lower than in the summer, the Vava fan will not have to resort to the high level to cool the projector, so hopefully it'll stay at the lower level and therefore less noisy.

I would say that their interface, especially their Android TV version, is garbage. I had to buy an Nvidia Shield TV to use as a source, because the Vava Android TV version is a joke and really unusable.

Ditto on booting up to the same HDMI channel from last time.

And where's the promised firmware upgrade to enable 3D movies???

The 4K is awesome! HDR handling is mediocre at best, if any.

My projection image is not 100% square at the bottom edges no matter how I try to adjust it. It curves up a little bit. No significantly, but definitely noticeable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 98 Old 09-29-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
I agree that the fan on the Vava is obnoxiously loud, at least the high level fan noise. I'm hoping that in the winter time, when the ambient temperature in my room is much lower than in the summer, the Vava fan will not have to resort to the high level to cool the projector, so hopefully it'll stay at the lower level and therefore less noisy.

I would say that their interface, especially their Android TV version, is garbage. I had to buy an Nvidia Shield TV to use as a source, because the Vava Android TV version is a joke and really unusable.

Ditto on booting up to the same HDMI channel from last time.

And where's the promised firmware upgrade to enable 3D movies???

The 4K is awesome! HDR handling is mediocre at best, if any.

My projection image is not 100% square at the bottom edges no matter how I try to adjust it. It curves up a little bit. No significantly, but definitely noticeable.
The upgrade for 3d is promised, but not out yet. Since your image curves have you tried to hold a spirit meter on your wall/screen to see if it is straight?
post #95 of 98 Old 09-29-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnpwnpwn View Post
The upgrade for 3d is promised, but not out yet. Since your image curves have you tried to hold a spirit meter on your wall/screen to see if it is straight?
No, the curve is ever so slightly at the bottom edges, although noticeable if you look. Maybe a quarter of an inch gap on a 120" screen. It may be from the Vava or it may be from the screen or maybe a combination of both, I don't know. It wasn't worth it to try to determine the source of the fault. It seems like it's just easier to put the fault on the Vava, lol.
post #96 of 98 Old 09-29-2019, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
I agree that the fan on the Vava is obnoxiously loud, at least the high level fan noise.
Curious does it have any humming/buzzing/coil whine sound or just fan noise?

I saw this video where the guy measured dB rating, but wonder if it's better then Xiaomi which has coil whine

Xiaomi Mija Mi Laser UST 1080P (International), Sharp 4k 65", LG 4k 43", Nvidia Shield
post #97 of 98 Old 09-29-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klas View Post
Curious does it have any humming/buzzing/coil whine sound or just fan noise?
I don't hear anything else but the fan noise. I keep my house at 84 degrees F in the summer so I can see it being fairly warm for the Vava and forcing it to kick it up to the high fan speed after a while. But even the lower fan speed when it starts out is noticeable, although I guess is more tolerable than the high fan speed.
post #98 of 98 Old 10-08-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
No, the curve is ever so slightly at the bottom edges, although noticeable if you look. Maybe a quarter of an inch gap on a 120" screen. It may be from the Vava or it may be from the screen or maybe a combination of both, I don't know. It wasn't worth it to try to determine the source of the fault. It seems like it's just easier to put the fault on the Vava, lol.
Well, when I receive my screen I'll complain like a lot, if it's not 100% perfect..!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page