The 2019 model projectors comparison thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3362Likes

post #241 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 03:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6937 Post(s)
Liked: 6655
Quote:
Originally Posted by woofer View Post
@Dj Dee

I have purchased a full production NX9 . I will be comparing its performance to the previous "Pre Production sample i had .....will be very interesting to see what ( if any) differences there are between them.

Once i have had some time with it i will then on-sell it, which wont be a problem due to their VERY short supply.
I don't know why you bothered honestly.
Dj Dee likes this.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 03:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 2489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
I don't know why you bothered honestly.
Cause i get to have a play with it , then it goes to a new home..
studlygoorite and Reddig like this.
post #243 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 05:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Yeah...Please dont get me wrong , i think the NX9 is a very very good projector

My biggest gripe with it is actually the 8K E-Shift ........IMO it only degrades the image ..... Until i see otherwise from what i experienced on the sample NX9 i had, i will not change my opinion .
E-shift wont make the picture any better. It will only make the picture softer.

The lens on the Z1 and the NX9 are more or less identical. Just some modifications to get it to fit in the Nx9.
This is what JVC says, everything else is just speculations. The difference in sharpness with no added sharpness in both projector will be more or less identical. And will defer from sample to sample.

I don't try to change your opinion in any way, just say that your pictures show on the Z1 added sharpness and quit much compared to the picture of the NX9. That is just how it is and shown. So might not be fair test

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Quoted: 13048 Post(s)
Liked: 10692
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztar35 View Post
I get it. You're telling us you get easily excited about things that don't really matter.

I'm a bit different there, however.
No, I am saying I welcome every improvement, because that means we are moving forward, not stagnant. So a one year change might not be noticable, but in two or three generations, it will certainly be noticable. I don't think any projector company can make huge jumps in performance every year, to the point that they are noticeable, but I would like to see some improvement every year.
smitty and seanbryan like this.
post #245 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
You know, I demo'd the 885ES and they had it on a gray screen and it looked darn good even with HDR content. It looked bright and punchy; I can't recall what the screen size was though, maybe 140 inches?? It was at Rob Zohn's place, Value Electronics.
It throws a very nice picture and for my family room setup (127" 16:9) it would work great.
post #246 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2783 Post(s)
Liked: 1525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
It throws a very nice picture and for my family room setup (127" 16:9) it would work great.
Just for me personally, I didn't see enough of a performance difference between it and the 695 I have now to justify the big uptick in price for the 885, however.
post #247 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2783 Post(s)
Liked: 1525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
but I would like to see some improvement every year.
Agreed. ...well as long as it isn't --what's that phrase I like that Craig uses? --oh yeah; as long as it isn't "one step forward, two steps back."

To be clear, I think I can live with okay ANSI contrast if the native contrast is at reference levels.
post #248 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
As the the master 4500 acolyte on avs...

On average, how many 4500s does it take for someone to get a decent unit?

Or maybe the correct question is how many bad 4500s keep finding their way back into customer home theaters?

The 4500 does not seem like the happily ever after scenario you constantly evangelize.
Bytehoven,

I cannot answer how many RS4500 units were sold, defective but I can and don't mind commenting on the one I own.

Mine has worked from the 1st day it was installed and even before Chad B came and did the custom calibrating.
After Chad B did his thing it was then a really super-Brilliant picture as I had requested of him.
I can also say the following and it's NOT an opinion it is FACT.
There is no comparison between all the other projectors I have had in my HT over the years.
And in my case I have a lot of them.
Even the last Runco VX11d which was a $30K US dollars projector it was still the difference in Night & Day between the two.

As far as Craig Peer and as you have noted mentioning his RS4500 on AVS well that really does make sense since he does market JVC projectors.

Terry
Craig Peer and wwtech like this.
post #249 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post

I have also find out using the Sony calibration software you get back much of the lost contrast.
Thanks!! Where can I get that software and how an it get you back some contrast? Does it let you adjust only gamma points or other stuff?
post #250 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
My 295ES has 80 hours already and no blue panel degradation. My VW40 and HW40ES showed some blue panel degradation after 200 hours, though.

I know people with 285s and 385s with more than 1500 hours operation and none of them have reported blue panel degradation.

Confused, didn’t someone say he doesn’t work on Sony or Samsung?

In search of video bliss...
post #251 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesTrevi View Post
Thanks!! Where can I get that software and how an it get you back some contrast? Does it let you adjust only gamma points or other stuff?

I just corrected the gamma, and colorspace back to normal. There a bunch of adjustments to do if you want. And a pro calibrating after that. with great results. And I keep tract when it was new, so I saw the contrast drop from 9000:1 and down to around 3000:1 So I managed to get some back.
The degradation in the SXRD is there, but The owner was very happy with the result.
Actually me 2 And it was easier than the JVC autocal software.

Here the program and user guide will be available for 30 days.

https://uploadfiles.io/p894w

Last edited by Dj Dee; 02-03-2019 at 11:58 AM.
post #252 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
WOW thank you so much!!!
post #253 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Just for me personally, I didn't see enough of a performance difference between it and the 695 I have now to justify the big uptick in price for the 885, however.
Performance wise I agree. A lot of money to pay for laser.
Dj Dee likes this.
post #254 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This is my first post since years: I own a NEC XG series CRT projector (with HDMI input which seems to have "finally" reached the end of life.

I have a black room with all light sources switched off or taped black. There is absolutely no light in the room.

As some of you certainly remember, CRT projectors can produce absolute black and my NEC is one of that kind.

I am used to "perfect black". When there is a black picture i.e. between scenes and I hit pause, it is just black. The eyes need seconds to even see any black "floor" at all.

I compared the Sony 760 with the 570 which can produce a deeper black because of the iris.

I then tested the calibrated 570 in my HT and unfortunately, the black was just grey. Only when the iris was closed, there was a darker grey which was not even close as dark as my CRT.

Of course the sharpness was much better, but after all the years having a "perfect" black, I simply could not stand the washed out picture of the Sony in dark scenes.

Compared to a 15+ years old CRT, I have a hard time believing that this is the best black one can buy.

Knowing that JVC has a reputation to have a "good black", the dealer demoed (in his also black room) a pre-pro unit of the JVC NX9 which had the overall better colors and punch compared to the Sony 570. Unfortunately, this unit had grey edges in dark scenes (probably the reason the units are delayed).

I am following this thread now for more than 250 posts and I am also following the "Owners Thread" where members are endlessly debating details like using the color filter or not, but unfortunately, there is still no comparison of the projectors.

I'm in the market for a N7, NX9 or 870 and the question is: Which one can produce the "best" black?
alebonau likes this.
post #255 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked: 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian.M.Schneider View Post
This is my first post since years: I own a NEC XG series CRT projector (with HDMI input which seems to have "finally" reached the end of life.

I have a black room with all light sources switched off or taped black. There is absolutely no light in the room.

As some of you certainly remember, CRT projectors can produce absolute black and my NEC is one of that kind.

I am used to "perfect black". When there is a black picture i.e. between scenes and I hit pause, it is just black. The eyes need seconds to even see any black "floor" at all.

I compared the Sony 760 with the 570 which can produce a deeper black because of the iris.

I then tested the calibrated 570 in my HT and unfortunately, the black was just grey. Only when the iris was closed, there was a darker grey which was not even close as dark as my CRT.

Of course the sharpness was much better, but after all the years having a "perfect" black, I simply could not stand the washed out picture of the Sony in dark scenes.

Compared to a 15+ years old CRT, I have a hard time believing that this is the best black one can buy.

Knowing that JVC has a reputation to have a "good black", the dealer demoed (in his also black room) a pre-pro unit of the JVC NX9 which had the overall better colors and punch compared to the Sony 570. Unfortunately, this unit had grey edges in dark scenes (probably the reason the units are delayed).

I am following this thread now for more than 250 posts and I am also following the "Owners Thread" where members are endlessly debating details like using the color filter or not, but unfortunately, there is still no comparison of the projectors.

I'm in the market for a N7, NX9 or 870 and the question is: Which one can produce the "best" black?
'Black' is a product of the reference white and on/off contrast capability, and with modern projectors being very bright, this often gives a raised black floot. If you have a light meter and measure what your CRT is giving you for a full screen white, use the projectors manual iris (if it has one, some do) and/or an ND filter top try and get a white level that is similar to what you are used to with your CRT. That should reduce the black floor and be a fairer comparison.

Brighter projectors are often used to illuminate larger screens or give brighter specular highlights for HDR content. It depends on what you want the lumens you have for - a larger screen or HDR. It's kinda like saying CRT projectors are too dim when you put them on a very large screen, so having a bright projector on a screen that may be too small for it will affect the result in the opposite direction. It's all down to set up.

JVCs are capable of very good black levels, but you have to reduce the white level to get it - aiming for something like 14fL give or take will give you cinema levels of reflectance.

How big is your screen? Have you ever measured the light output of your CRT, and do you get good shadow detail or do you crush it a little to maintain good blacks? CRTs generally come out of black slowly when set for best blacks so tend to lose detail down there when like that, unless you have an external processor or modded gamma circuitry IIRC.
Dj Dee likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc
Who says Cameron is "right" and why do we care about him so much - lol!

I trust Gary Lightfoot more than James Cameron.
post #256 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lightfoot View Post
How big is your screen? Have you ever measured the light output of your CRT, and do you get good shadow detail or do you crush it a little to maintain good blacks?
Gary, thank you for your very valid explanations.

The screen is 100" and the light output is certainly much less compared to all the new projectors. Quite likely I currently do sacrifice black detail to maintain black level - but still - the black is deep and this is what I want, not grey.

The JVC N7 has less light output compared to the NX9 - therefore, the black should be even better, correct? And the Sony 870 has not only an iris but can also reduce the laser to a certain extent. Does that give better blacks?

So the question remains: Which of the three mentioned projectors comes as close as possible to the black of the CRT?
post #257 of 2791 Old 02-03-2019, 05:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

The screen is 100" and the light output is certainly much less compared to all the new projectors. Quite likely I currently do sacrifice black detail to maintain black level - but still - the black is deep and this is what I want, not grey.
Understood.

100" diag 16:9 has an area of almost 30 sqr feet, so when we have the measured lumen output with iris at -15 in the lamps eco mode we can get an estimate of black levels, but no two lamps are identical. If you divide the screen area into the known lumens (and multiply by the screen gain), that gives you a reflectance level in foot lamberts - cinemas should have around 14+or- 2fL IIRC, but many run dimmer and you probably have less than that too - even 9fL looks brighter than you'd think in a light controlled room. If that's how you would like things to be, then we know what to try and aim for.

Quote:
The JVC N7 has less light output compared to the NX9 - therefore, the black should be even better, correct? And the Sony 870 has not only an iris but can also reduce the laser to a certain extent. Does that give better blacks?
The N7 has less contrast too which probably means a raised black floor because the N9s lumens aren't that much greater - I could probably work out a rough guide from the specs to see which would give a better black floor if I had to, but need the numbers for each machine - iris closed in various positions and in eco mode.

Quote:
So the question remains: Which of the three mentioned projectors comes as close as possible to the black of the CRT?
Hard to say right now without the numbers. If your dealer can show them to you in the same room at the same time and has some ND filters you may be able to get an idea, provided he projects an image the same size as you have now. A light meter to measure and compare would be useful too, and you cans ee what your current CRT is giving you as a comparison.

I'll see what I can dig out unless someone with more info can come up with a more definitive reply.

The Sony has laser dimming but does have an odd issue IIRC where after you've lowered the laser beyond a certain point, the lumens and white level continue to drop but the black level remains the same, so you get less contrast beyond that point. I never did see a reason for this and I think it's the only laser projector that does it.

Laser projectors can do full fade to black though - when there is a full black scene the laser will cut off and you get no light at all. It's a great effect if you have a room that can support it - your eyes never adapt because there is no light to adapt to.

I would also suggest that you have a look at the laser Epson LS10500 which may be OK for what you want despite the lower contrast and lumen output (but isn't native 4K - it's eshifted like the JVCs to fauK but is hard to tell with content). Is HDR something you want? Projectors struggle with HDR because they don't have anywhere near the lumens a flat panel has, so have to rely heavily on tone mapping to try and make things 'fit' into a lower dynamic range.

Quote:

post #258 of 2791 Old 02-04-2019, 12:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Black floor is best on the Nx9 for shore, but you can be lucky and get a golden sample of a N7.

The NX9 here will come as close as possible to the black of the CRT. Not the complete shutdown to black because of stray light form the bulb, but in total much better than CRT.

Sony 870 will with the use of laser modulation shut down to black completely. This will be better than the NX9 with auto Iris. But here we talk NO INFO IN picture.
But because of better contrast in total the JVCs it will be better on everything else because of the contrast available.

So answer a JVC. But the Sony is also superb. But this is the result side by side. Sony 870 vs JVCN7/NX9 bright scenes almost identical some + and - to both. Dark senes no contest. Different huge.

post #259 of 2791 Old 02-04-2019, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Quoted: 4148 Post(s)
Liked: 7341
Quote:

The other guys have already answered for the most part but ultimately the answer to your question is the NX9. It would be simple really, the NX9 has a peak white output that is light years ahead of your CRT. BUT, since you are used to such low light output (probably in the 8-12 fL range), you're best bet would be to light match what you are already used to so that you are given the best possible native contrast performance possible. With your screen being so small, it would be quite easy to get a REALLY high native contrast ratio before you ever even engaged the dynamic iris. I think that if the NX9 was setup properly for your viewing environment, it would absolutely trounce the NEC in every way except maybe full black, but even that would be really close.

My Home Theater UPDATED DEC 2017
Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine
Deep Dive AV - Calibration, Consulting and Education
post #260 of 2791 Old 02-04-2019, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:

I'm in the same boat as you. Both the "owners" thread and this one seem to go off on a tangent and never return to their original purpose. Very frustrating. I'd say more...................
post #261 of 2791 Old 02-04-2019, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Black floor is best on the Nx9 for shore, but you can be lucky and get a golden sample of a N7.
Might the superior optics of the NX9 potentially lead to a slightly brighter full black? Assuming the light coming from the chip is the same on the N9 as the N7 (it's common components up to that point, yes?) then I would expect the superior lens that allows 300 lumens more to get through from the same bulb on full white would allow incrementally more of the minuscule light from full black to make it to the screen. I can see that this wouldn't necessarily be the same situation once a single pixel is lit but if the question is which goes blacker at fade to black, I'd think it might just be the N7.
post #262 of 2791 Old 02-04-2019, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
The other guys have already answered for the most part but ultimately the answer to your question is the NX9. It would be simple really, the NX9 has a peak white output that is light years ahead of your CRT. BUT, since you are used to such low light output (probably in the 8-12 fL range), you're best bet would be to light match what you are already used to so that you are given the best possible native contrast performance possible. With your screen being so small, it would be quite easy to get a REALLY high native contrast ratio before you ever even engaged the dynamic iris. I think that if the NX9 was setup properly for your viewing environment, it would absolutely trounce the NEC in every way except maybe full black, but even that would be really close.
On my NX9 i have 13FL with low lamp and -15. 110 inch. So on a 100inc around 15FL maybe.
You have then a native contrast around specifications average 90000-120000:1 so will be quite impressive performance with contrast ON OFF native.
With auto iris up to dynamic 1000000:1. I managed upp to a million:1 with iris set to -12. Then used the lowest measurement. "Measured with diffuser on my klein K10A so I can confirm that on my unit" Also did a confirmation test with a light meter on a tripod, same result.

In total performance from bright to dark the NX9, N7 or N5 will be like comparing a turtle to a race car compared with the CRT.
Then in any way. Tested my Cine9 side by side with a JVC X7900. It was just funny. And remember the Cine9 is much better than a NEC XG series.
Like you say Kris the only thing the CRT might be better at is when NO INFO in picture. When just some pixels or info in the picture the JVC will crush it so hard that it's just silly. But also like CRT you need to know what your doing. You can easy get a great digital to look like trash if you just do everything wrong. But out of the box settings on a new JVC even a monkey can set it up and get a great picture.

Last edited by Dj Dee; 02-04-2019 at 04:19 PM.
post #263 of 2791 Old 02-04-2019, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

mattztt,

The NX9 has more contrast so even though it's brighter it might go darker.
mattztt and Dj Dee like this.

Quote:

post #264 of 2791 Old 02-04-2019, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattztt View Post
Might the superior optics of the NX9 potentially lead to a slightly brighter full black? Assuming the light coming from the chip is the same on the N9 as the N7 (it's common components up to that point, yes?) then I would expect the superior lens that allows 300 lumens more to get through from the same bulb on full white would allow incrementally more of the minuscule light from full black to make it to the screen. I can see that this wouldn't necessarily be the same situation once a single pixel is lit but if the question is which goes blacker at fade to black, I'd think it might just be the N7.
The N7 will be close to the NX9 I think if you get a good sample, but have not had the chance to measure this yet.
So your question : Might the superior optics of the NX9 potentially lead to a slightly brighter full black?

I will say NO, but need to check out a N7 first.
If that's the case it would be very strange. Compared to my X7900 the NX9 has deeper black and also better iris. So shuts down even some more.

So almost total black. But still not 100% fade 2 black. Like i wrote my NX9 with auto iris2 with -12 in manuel iris measure up to dynamic contrast 1000000:1
That's good. My sold X7900 - 750000:1, My sold RS600 - 800000:1 so in my case some better. And call it the effect of new projector or not, but I feel it also being better. And the numbers also say so.
mattztt likes this.

Last edited by Dj Dee; 02-04-2019 at 04:18 PM.
post #265 of 2791 Old 02-04-2019, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2285 Post(s)
Liked: 1556
Quote:

Doubtful that was the reason for the delay. We've had brighter sides and/or corners forever on the different LCOS projector models when displaying full-screen black. Varies from unit to unit. I've had some that were perfect but most were not.

If you found the blacks acceptable in the center of the screen, you could still give the NX9 a chance. If you're lucky, you may find one that can produce that same dark black over the entire screen.
post #266 of 2791 Old 02-04-2019, 11:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

There have been said many many different things, I think only JVC know the fact here.

But the things that have been said is that there are parts that failed and needed to be replaced.
If this affected picture in any way is impossible to know.

When we talk grey edges in dark scenes I just smile.
The NX9 that I have now have no grey edges. That may be the lens, but the N7 i saw had about the same as my NX9.

All other stuff like streaking and blooming, are not visible in film, so I don't care. The image are just absolutely stunning.

It's the same I said about digital when i had CRT to be gray, Why? I remembered the best scene from a CRT and compared it to a totally different scene on a digital. And did not see them side by side in a instant switch.

Like also said when you get 4 times the light punch your screen will light up more, but you get more shadow detail, this because of a extreme amount of more contrast available in the projector . Normal on CRT is the black crush so you fool your head to think its better. Seeing it side by side, you see quick that there is NO contest, even in dark scenes. If you try to adjust the CRT to perform the same details as a digital, the picture fall totally apart. Also the used contrast on a JVC compared to a CRT is a joke in 2019.

post #267 of 2791 Old 02-05-2019, 12:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
NOPE! Sorry, you can twist it anyway you want , "FACT" is the NX9 that was compared to the Z1 in this instance ....."WAS NOT AS SHARP"

Repeat myself ONCE AGAIN .... after comparing/staring at mega amounts of stills/video ...the outcome was always the same !

If you cant handle that , then so be it.
So what you say I can understand completely with so much sharpness added on the Z1.

Here I took a picture of My NX9 then the bluray 1080P. same scene.

Have to say that the Z1 have a huge amount of edge enhancement, that is just added sharpness. The NX9 you posted have almost nothing.

Look at the car and the person and the fence. I don't say that is wrong to like added sharpness, but to say that something is WOW compared to something without added sharpness is wrong. I recommend turning processing off. Picture is with MPC 1.0.0

I will think the fact is that they are more or less identical, but have to see this myselves to say anything.

I think I let the pictures speak for themselves. I get the UHD version of this film soon.

Last edited by Dj Dee; 02-05-2019 at 12:34 AM.
post #268 of 2791 Old 02-05-2019, 01:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 2489
Quote:
So what you say I can understand completely with so much sharpness added on the Z1.

Have to say that the Z1 have a huge amount of edge enhancement, that is just added sharpness. The NX9 you posted have almost nothing.

Look at the car and the person and the fence. I don't say that is wrong to like added sharpness, but to say that something is WOW compared to something without added sharpness is wrong. I recommend turning processing off. Picture is with MPC 1.0.0

I will think the fact is that they are more or less identical, but have to see this myselves to say anything.

I think I let the pictures speak for themselves. I get the UHD version of this film soon.

Mate, No i offence but how the hell can you compare the images from 2 different cameras, 2 different sources???
OzHDHT and Craig Peer like this.
post #269 of 2791 Old 02-05-2019, 01:27 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 3001 Post(s)
Liked: 2102
Quote:

Spoiler!
I think the Z1 seems to benefit from the kind of mystique that would have you believe divine intervention was involved in the creation of it as much as a few other sceptics out there (!), but the comparison is next to pointless given that you're not looking at the same source and one is being scaled in the projector. Who knows what has happened to get it to screen from disk, and who knows what the differences in the source material are.

I think if you want to do such a comparison you really need to show the original frame for reference and the two same sources through the projectors with similar settings.
post #270 of 2791 Old 02-05-2019, 02:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Mate, No i offence but how the hell can you compare the images from 2 different cameras, 2 different sources???
You cant compare the units at all by photo, but you can compare the photos, and I only say that the photo of the Z1 have massive enhancement that no camera do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
2019 , Epson , Jvc , Projectors , Sony

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page