Hisense 100L7T TRIPLE LASER UST @ CES 2019 - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 Old 08-07-2019, 07:43 PM
Member
 
imhotep6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoGuy View Post
Any recent news on this projector?

I may replace my Dell 4K UST projector with this one. It is August 2019 already. No news on its availability yet. :-(
Why are you replacing the Dell? Anything wrong with it. Asking because it’s on my list.
imhotep6 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 35 Old 08-08-2019, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Troy LaMont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,099
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhotep6 View Post
Why are you replacing the Dell? Anything wrong with it. Asking because it’s on my list.
I don't own the Dell but just based on specs alone the Dell is a business projector and doesn't have great color (Rec709 only) or color controls, so he'll gain WAY better color with the 97% Rec2020 coverage the Hisense offers and better color calibration because the Hisense is oriented to home theater. The Dell isn't great on contrast either and I'm sure the Hisense will have better contrast with it's triple lasers, plus no worry about rainbows as the Hisense doesn't have a color wheel and the Dell does (a slow one at that).

If the money is there, that's a no brainer for me.
imhotep6 and TTBear like this.

Onkyo TX-NR807
Polk LSi15, Polk LSiC, Polk LSiF/X, Velodyne HGS12
Optoma HD80 on 106" Elite Aeon Cine grey, Samsung Q6FN (2018)
Xbox One X, Samsung UH750 Quantum Dot 28" UHD monitor
Troy LaMont is offline  
post #33 of 35 Old 08-15-2019, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 22,714
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
Regardless of color source a single chip dmd can still only show on color at a time. So it is a disadvantage vs a 3chip design.

Not if each laser can be duty-cycled fast enough.

Then you have the best of 1- and 3-chip - not throwing a bunch of light away, and no misconvergence.

Noah
noah katz is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 35 Old 08-15-2019, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 25,844
Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12025 Post(s)
Liked: 9546
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
Not if each laser can be duty-cycled fast enough.

Then you have the best of 1- and 3-chip - not throwing a bunch of light away, and no misconvergence.
I agree with your point, but technically it is still only one at a time. Just so fast that we can't tell that it is one at a time.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #35 of 35 Old 08-15-2019, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 22,714
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
I agree with your point, but technically it is still only one at a time. Just so fast that we can't tell that it is one at a time.

Ok, but I slightly disagree with your agreement, because I didn't say it's not one at a time
Mike Garrett likes this.

Noah

Last edited by noah katz; 08-15-2019 at 11:32 AM.
noah katz is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off