JVC and Sony 4K Projector Expo / Shootout Thread, April 26 -28 2019 Colorado Springs - Page 11 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 789Likes

post #301 of 409 Old 05-10-2019, 05:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked: 1020
Incidentally has anyone seen Kung Pow: Enter the Fist?

That is a great film for those that like old Kung Fu movies, but also find the overdubbing to be hilarious (even before Steve Oedekerk and co. made this hilarious parody/spoof).

Birdy..... Mmmm Tiger.

THAT'S A LOT OF NUTS!!!

I realise that it may be an acquired taste mind you...

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.

Last edited by Archibald1; 05-10-2019 at 05:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 409 Old 05-10-2019, 05:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked: 1316
Nope, did watch the Chinese Sci Fi thriller "The Wandering Earth", not good but has some ok visuals at times...
Netflix supports dubbing or subtitles for this one.

Favorite of all Kung Fu type stuff still IP Man, he was just a better actor and the story was better than most...
Then there is The Badlands series on Netflix --- was ok, but the story quickly becomes pointless...

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --
post #303 of 409 Old 05-10-2019, 06:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1620 Post(s)
Liked: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post
Nope, did watch the Chinese Sci Fi thriller "The Wandering Earth", not good but has some ok visuals at times...
Netflix supports dubbing or subtitles for this one.

Favorite of all Kung Fu type stuff still IP Man, he was just a better actor and the story was better than most...
Then there is The Badlands series on Netflix --- was ok, but the story quickly becomes pointless...
IP Man is indeed the best Kung Fu movie of all time.. and i watched a LOT of them, since the 70s...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archibald1 View Post

That is a great film for those that like old Kung Fu movies, but also find the overdubbing to be hilarious (even before Steve Oedekerk and co. made this hilarious parody/spoof).

Birdy..... Mmmm Tiger.

THAT'S A LOT OF NUTS!!!

Another instant Classic lolz!
Archibald1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #304 of 409 Old 05-10-2019, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schuermann View Post
No bitters, though sometimes I put in a drop or two of orange bitters.

Personally, I find Rye smoother than bourbon, but enjoy both. Using Bulleit 95 Rye, though enjoy Knob Creek as well.

Luxardo cherries too - forgot to mention them!

Usually Martini and Rossi Vermouth, but this time Tribuno.

Next time we'll try your recipe
Maybe next time we should have a Manhattan Shootout as a prelude to the main event.
My day to day sweet vermouth of choice is Dolin Rouge. Give it a try if you haven't already.
John Schuermann likes this.

JVC DLA-RS600U, Stewart Cima Neve screen 2.35 138"
Anthem AVM 60, Parasound A31, Emotiva XPA-5, Lexicon LX-5
Panasonic DP-UB820, Oppo UDP-203
Revel F208 (L, R), Revel C208 (C), 2x PSA V1801 (SW)
Revel M106 (LS, RS), North Creek Borealis (LRS, RRS), Revel C763L (FH, RH)
post #305 of 409 Old 05-10-2019, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 393 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5507 Post(s)
Liked: 5324
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schuermann View Post
I know of only two people who find The Princess Bride incredibly dull, precious and cloying - me and my Operations Manager Joel. Is there ANYONE else out there that feels the same way? THERE MUST BE SOMEONE!!!
Cloying is a good word. I simply found the humor dumb in most cases. Im not going to lump it into the "Ben Stiller Comedy" bucket that aside from Tropic Thunder makes we want to shove a number two pencil in both my eyes, but it's just not the type of humor I find appealing.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #306 of 409 Old 05-10-2019, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Cloying is a good word. I simply found the humor dumb in most cases. Im not going to lump it into the "Ben Stiller Comedy" bucket that aside from Tropic Thunder makes we want to shove a number two pencil in both my eyes, but it's just not the type of humor I find appealing.
I've never made it to the end of Princess Bride. I think I've managed about 20 minutes here and there. It's just stupid and annoying .. and slow .. did I mention dumb? The ultra ham acting really puts me off. I know it's on purpose, it just doesn't work for me. It's like a non-funny Monty Python skit that goes 5x longer than the content merits.

And of course Spinal Tap rules!
post #307 of 409 Old 05-10-2019, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked: 988
Quote:

Hilarious movie. One you can watch several times:

"Wimp Lo:
Ha! Face to foot style, how do you like it?

Chosen One:
I'm sure on some planet your style is impressive, but your weak link is: this is Earth.

Wimp Lo:
Oh yeah? Then try my nuts to your fist style!"

"Master Doe:
I have a mortal wound.

Master Tang:
Where? Where does it hurt?

Master Doe:
Oh, pretty much around the big bloody spot."

rjmcinnis and Archibald1 like this.
post #308 of 409 Old 05-10-2019, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
Hilarious movie. One you can watch several times:

"Wimp Lo:
Ha! Face to foot style, how do you like it?

Chosen One:
I'm sure on some planet your style is impressive, but your weak link is: this is Earth.

Wimp Lo:
Oh yeah? Then try my nuts to your fist style!"

"Master Doe:
I have a mortal wound.

Master Tang:
Where? Where does it hurt?

Master Doe:
Oh, pretty much around the big bloody spot."

[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Excellent.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
post #309 of 409 Old 05-10-2019, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 393 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5507 Post(s)
Liked: 5324
I want to take a moment and thank John and everyone involved with the shootout for hosting such a wonderful event. I want everyone to keep in mind that this was done purely for the passion and pursuit of our hobby. Thousands of dollars were spent to acquire the units for this shootout and I for one am sad I wasn't closer or I would have loved to attend. Having that much firepower in one (well, two) room(s) is enough to make a cheap flight even worth it. Had I not have just returned from Axpona two weeks before, I would have been all over it.

Having said all of that I will say I am not surprised by the results at all. These are top of the line home theater units that perform amazingly. I am tickled pink with the performance of my rs2000 I got from John and while the pre-order wait was stretched out from the massive amount of demand, I am 100% glad I waited patiently and made the upgrade. While my patience was growing thin I was just considering snagging a 695 from John and I am supremely confident I would have been happy with it, but I persevered.

BTW, Having made multiple transactions with all the boys at the screening room, they have always taken care of me and I am thrilled with any and all transactions that I have made through SR. I highly suggest if anyone is thinking of looking at any of the PJ's after the results of this shootout to give John a holler. It's not every day you get a group of guys willing to go this length just for a fun event, and when they go the same length from a service standpoint, you know you've got something special.
smitty, SJHT, Frohlich and 3 others like this.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #310 of 409 Old 05-10-2019, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 6618 Post(s)
Liked: 7690
Quote:

Birdy..... Mmmm Tiger.

THAT'S A LOT OF NUTS!!!

I prefer Kung Fu Hustle.
post #311 of 409 Old 05-11-2019, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 81
This thread has been great to read, especially the summary write-ups by John and Kris. I hope to upgrade my Sony 40es to a 4K projector this Fall. And getting real-life opinions from viewers is great.

But...is there any chance there would be a comparo between like the Epson 6050 and JVC N7? This event compared an $8,000 to $16,000 to $34,000 projectors: More than 4x price range! I'm never buying a $16k much less $34k display. An $8k MSRP is my top price. So might there be a similar comparison even if only over a 2x price range, with the $8000 N7 as the top-end and the $4000 MSRP projectors as the low-end, and maybe some $5000 projectors in the middle? That would be awesome for folks shopping well below the $10k threshold.

I'm in NoVA, so a local event would be perfect. But I'd consider a weekend trip for such an informative comparison, to inform such a big purchase.
rjmcinnis likes this.
post #312 of 409 Old 05-11-2019, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked: 1316
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutingMan View Post
This thread has been great to read, especially the summary write-ups by John and Kris. I hope to upgrade my Sony 40es to a 4K projector this Fall. And getting real-life opinions from viewers is great.

But...is there any chance there would be a comparo between like the Epson 6050 and JVC N7?
That's easy, the JVC wins in pretty much every category except torch mode brightness...
That's why no-one compares them anymore, already been compared numerous times in this forum.

The core differences in the Epson are in brightness and processing even going all the way back to the Epson 5010ub or earlier.
So they make tiny improvements, but nothing ground breaking (although the brightness improvements were groundbreaking from 5020 to 5040), but the comparisons of days old are still valid and if you compare the 6050, it will be about the same result as the 5040 vs. JVC comparisons.
beastaudio likes this.

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --

Last edited by coderguy; 05-11-2019 at 09:04 AM.
post #313 of 409 Old 05-11-2019, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Quoted: 3750 Post(s)
Liked: 6401
Quote:

But...is there any chance there would be a comparo between like the Epson 6050 and JVC N7? This event compared an $8,000 to $16,000 to $34,000 projectors: More than 4x price range! I'm never buying a $16k much less $34k display. An $8k MSRP is my top price. So might there be a similar comparison even if only over a 2x price range, with the $8000 N7 as the top-end and the $4000 MSRP projectors as the low-end, and maybe some $5000 projectors in the middle? That would be awesome for folks shopping well below the $10k threshold.

I'm in NoVA, so a local event would be perfect. But I'd consider a weekend trip for such an informative comparison, to inform such a big purchase.
I'm supposed to get one of the new 6xxx series projectors from Epson for review soon. The model that was just announced. So stay tuned for that. I turned in my review of the BenQ 9060 yesterday, so that will probably publish in the next few weeks after editorial and fact check.
ShoutingMan and Archibald1 like this.

My Home Theater UPDATED DEC 2017
Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine
Deep Dive AV - Calibration, Consulting and Education
post #314 of 409 Old 05-11-2019, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
I'm supposed to get one of the new 6xxx series projectors from Epson for review soon. The model that was just announced. So stay tuned for that. I turned in my review of the BenQ 9060 yesterday, so that will probably publish in the next few weeks after editorial and fact check.
Hey Kris will you be reviewing the Nx5 or Nx7?

post #315 of 409 Old 05-11-2019, 05:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
I look forward to reading your 6050 review, and any other sub-$5,000 projector reviews!

Quote:
That's easy, the JVC wins in pretty much every category except torch mode brightness...
That's why no-one compares them anymore, already been compared numerous times in this forum.
I have no doubt the $8,000 N7 beats any $4,000 projector. It’s twice the price, so it better. What I don’t know is whether the N7’s better performance is worth an extra $4,000? Just as people want to see an $8,000 projector compared to the better $16,000 or $34,000 projector because they don’t know if double or quadruple the price is worth the extra performance...I want to see the same relative comparison, but down a price class.
Archibald1 likes this.
post #316 of 409 Old 05-11-2019, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 4641 Post(s)
Liked: 2945
Quote:
I look forward to reading your 6050 review, and any other sub-$5,000 projector reviews!

I have no doubt the $8,000 N7 beats any $4,000 projector. It’s twice the price, so it better. What I don’t know is whether the N7’s better performance is worth an extra $4,000? Just as people want to see an $8,000 projector compared to the better $16,000 or $34,000 projector because they don’t know if double or quadruple the price is worth the extra performance...I want to see the same relative comparison, but down a price class.
Epson: "Not terrible at anything, but not great at anything either. Truly the mediocre choice for those that want a pretty OK theater".
llang269 likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #317 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 12:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
I prefer Kung Fu Hustle.
Have you seen Shaolin Soccer? That's the predecessor to his making Kung Fu Hustle.. i prefer the Soccer one...

Quote:

The core differences in the Epson are in brightness and processing even going all the way back to the Epson 5010ub or earlier.
So they make tiny improvements, but nothing ground breaking (although the brightness improvements were groundbreaking from 5020 to 5040), but the comparisons of days old are still valid and if you compare the 6050, it will be about the same result as the 5040 vs. JVC comparisons.
When I read the individual reviews, I don't see it that way...

The Torch mode, ie, more pop is really 90% of all movies already... as can be seen in Arrow's curves... the JVC only beats out the Sony below 0.8 percent or so.. then they taper off, then the Sony takes it all the way... so, yes, if you're watching starfields all day long, you may think the JVC is better.. if you're watching regular content, then I'll stick with the popping Sony...
post #318 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3412 Post(s)
Liked: 1861
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
epson: "not terrible at anything, but not great at anything either. Truly the mediocre choice for those that want a pretty ok theater".
lol.:d

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
post #319 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 4641 Post(s)
Liked: 2945
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
When I read the individual reviews, I don't see it that way...

The Torch mode, ie, more pop is really 90% of all movies already... as can be seen in Arrow's curves... the JVC only beats out the Sony below 0.8 percent or so.. then they taper off, then the Sony takes it all the way... so, yes, if you're watching starfields all day long, you may think the JVC is better.. if you're watching regular content, then I'll stick with the popping Sony...
IN the post you responded to about the Epson vs JVC, did you mean Epson instead of Sony? Because responding to that post and talking all about Sony just doesn't make sense. If you're under some impression that Sony projectors generally pop more than the competition, you're sorely mistaken. On brighter content, almost all the projectors look about the same. The brighter the image, the less contrast you need and the less contrast you can detect with your eye. You only need the great contrast on the lowest APL scenes, which just so happens to be a lucky way where JVC shines.
llang269 likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #320 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2283 Post(s)
Liked: 1208
Quote:
On brighter content, almost all the projectors look about the same. The brighter the image, the less contrast you need and the less contrast you can detect with your eye. You only need the great contrast on the lowest APL scenes, which just so happens to be a lucky way where JVC shines.
If I felt the same way, I'd still have a JVC. Maybe watch Samsara on the Sonys and then on the JVCs and see if you can find a difference.
Archibald1 likes this.
post #321 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Epson: "Not terrible at anything, but not great at anything either. Truly the mediocre choice for those that want a pretty OK theater".
I'd love an opportunity to compare directly $4000 of mediocrity to $8000 of greatness. At least then I could sleep at night knowing my money was well spent.
Dave Harper and Archibald1 like this.
post #322 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Toe

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 2663 Post(s)
Liked: 3400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztar35 View Post
If I felt the same way, I'd still have a JVC. Maybe watch Samsara on the Sonys and then on the JVCs and see if you can find a difference.
How about bright Planet Earth 2 scenes? Would that be good to use to compare on the Sony vs JVC?
post #323 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
They probably all fell into the trap of the Fat Tire Brewery patio. We almost didn't go to Estes Park on our last visit because of that place! Cheap, very good, beer and a grill that was always going. A deadly threat to motivation
Fat tire brewery is in Fort Collins! Sorry, it’s where I live.
post #324 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2283 Post(s)
Liked: 1208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
How about bright Planet Earth 2 scenes? Would that be good to use to compare on the Sony vs JVC?
Hi, Toe. I haven't seen that one, believe it or not.

I was just making the point because I've seen the new JVC NX9 in person and these new ones can still throw great black levels. But I just can't agree with this "narrative" that's been ubiquitously thrown around here that all projectors basically look the same in all but the very darkest scenes.
Archibald1 likes this.

Last edited by Aztar35; 05-12-2019 at 08:29 AM.
post #325 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1802 Post(s)
Liked: 1117
Quote:
No, most movies fall into the low ADL category very few have ADL over 20%. So the JVC wins with better contrast in the range that encompasses the most movie content over the Sony.

That is not to say that the 995 doesn't perform well, it does but it also performs better than all the new lamp based Sony models.
llang269 likes this.
post #326 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
... so, yes, if you're watching starfields all day long, you may think the JVC is better.. if you're watching regular content, then I'll stick with the popping Sony...
Or, if you care about how your starfields look when they pop up.

But seriously, so much movie content has dark scenes beyond starfields, and even mixed content with a lot of black area.

But if you don't really care about gray-er blacks...
markmon1 likes this.
post #327 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post

But seriously, so much movie content has dark scenes beyond starfields, and even mixed content with a lot of black area.

Have to respectfully disagree.

For the best part of 2 years now.....when comparing my Sony 1000es to my JVC rs600 I gravitate to towards the Sony in mixed and brighter scenes...….only in scenes which feature the odd starfield or when there are white credits on a black background(usually at the end or beginning of a flick) does the JVC's better contrast come to the fore.

Now in my case it's a slightly unfair comparison because the lens on the 1000es is in another league to the poor old rs600.
Where the rs600 really beats the 1000es is in it's ability to render fine colour gradations......make no mistake the 1000es can render fine gradations too......but it seems to trip up on compression artefacts on the odd occasion.

Now I can't speak for the 995es or the 760es as I have not seen them in person......by all accounts Sony has attempted to eradicate or at least diminish banding/posterisation on their newer generation of models.

But that for me this is the real distinction between the 2 brands...….being a long time and deep admirer of both...…..yes JVC's contrast is better......but it seems like Sony(more than any other brand out there) can get close(in terms of contrast----by eye)...….I know this because my 1000es can get close the rs600.

But if you were in the market for either brand I would say colour reproduction would be the thing to pay attention too......not just contrast.
Archibald1 likes this.
post #328 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Exactly... funny how if the JVC beats sony at a narrow range of the spectrum, suddenly that spectrum is the ONLY thing that matters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
I have seen that on both the N5, NX9 and the Sony 760 and 870.. the Sony has better pop and vividness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
No, most movies fall into the low ADL category very few have ADL over 20%. So the JVC wins with better contrast in the range that encompasses the most movie content over the Sony.

That is not to say that the 995 doesn't perform well, it does but it also performs better than all the new lamp based Sony models.
Did you read what I said before responding? I said, the JVC only has a NOTICEABLE advantage starting from about 0.8% ADL.. that's less than 10% of the content... then they sort of match each other until the Sony takes it to the finish line... I'll say the Sony has about 80% of content advantage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post

Sony beats the JVC on mixed content... again, the JVC only bests the Sony below 1%.. that's not MIXED CONTENT... in scenes like city nightscapes, say, in the car chase scenes in Black Panther where there are plenty of night lights, neon lights, etc, etc.. the Sony is super popping... and blacks will appear even blacker simply because of the higher dynamic range there...
TheSony4KRises and Archibald1 like this.
post #329 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 10:55 AM
Toe

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 2663 Post(s)
Liked: 3400
Quote:

I have seen that on both the N5, NX9 and the Sony 760 and 870.. the Sony has better pop and vividness...
That was not my experience. Reason I asked Aztar that is because we did A/B/A/B/A/B......etc....in the first comparison John hosted last year with the Sony 385 and JVC RS640 with both projectors calibrated and I couldn't see any advantage to the Sony image with bright content. We did both paused/still frames and watched in motion switching between the two with PE 2 and I just couldn't see any significant advantage to either image. I was looking specifically for it too because I knew the Sony had better measured ANSI, but I just couldn't see it.

When you compared, were both projectors calibrated, same room, same screen, direct A/B?
DavidHir and markmon1 like this.
post #330 of 409 Old 05-12-2019, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 11822 Post(s)
Liked: 9355
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Hi, Toe. I haven't seen that one, believe it or not.

I was just making the point because I've seen the new JVC NX9 in person and these new ones can still throw great black levels. But I just can't agree with this "narrative" that's been ubiquitously thrown around here that all projectors basically look the same in all but the very darkest scenes.
If you see two fairly equal Sony and JVC projectors calibrated and set up side by side (brightness matched), you will be surprised at how close they actually look in bright scenes. In a blind test, you would not be able to consistently pick out which was which, from seated viewing distance. Ask people that have viewed this comparison many times.
Toe, markmon1, rjmcinnis and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page