JVC NX5 Settings Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #61 of 67 Old 03-31-2020, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatk View Post
So if I set it to "Cinema" it will automatically switch on that first tab when it detects an HDR source?
Go to Menu, 2nd tab, you'll see HDR Setting, once in HDR Setting, HDR10 Auto Select, pick Frame Adapt HDR, click back, and then exit out of the Menu. The NX will auto detect HDR and implement Frame Adapt HDR. Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
Nexgen76 likes this.

Marantz SR7011: 7.4.4 Martin Logan Edges (4: FR/FL/SR/SL) Martin Logan Axis (2: SBL/SBR) Martin Logan Stage X (Center) Martin Logan 1500X Sub (2) Martin Logan 1100X Sub (2) Sonance VP86R SST/SUR (4: Dolby Atmos) JVC NX-7/DaLite 125" 2:35:1 Scope Screen; Paladin DCR

Last edited by Azekecse; 04-01-2020 at 04:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 03-31-2020, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntmx24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemannthey View Post
Quote:

So on some content I have noticed some bright areas on peoples faces getting completely blown out a bright white. Not sure why or if anyone else is having this. I could try to take a pic to show want I have noticed. Its very rare but on some movies I have noticed it.

Did you ever figure this out? I saw this in one scene this weekend on 4k udh Pacific Rim.
No I didn't

On Sunday night I ran a full autocal with a spiderx and ea2000 (ipro2) for hdr10 mode. Today I went back and tested the scene in Pacific rim and I did not see the glowing highlights.

Perhaps autocal fixed up a table or it is more hit and miss. I will update if I see it post autocal.

Last edited by kemannthey; 04-01-2020 at 08:40 AM.
post #63 of 67 Old 04-02-2020, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nx5 Keeps losing mode settings

Hello - I’m new here and thrilled to find this thread! I have the NX5 in my dark cave HT with a Sony UBP-X1100ES player, Apple TV 4K, and Fios TV One as sources and 110” screen. The NX5 is fed from an Arcam AVR390 receiver. I have an issue that’s driving me nuts and some newbie questions.

I updated to the 3.10 firmware this week, and the results using adaptive hdr have been fantastic when used for 4K uhd movies on the Sony. More than half the time though, when switching to Fios, instead of Cinema picture mode for sdr, it’s carrying the adaptive hdr settings, causing the red fleshtones, etc, so I have to keep resetting to cinema. The vice-versa also happens sometimes - switching from Fios to the Sony results in Cinema mode even though the same 4K uhd disc is playing. I do have the hdr10 Auto Select set to frame adapt hdr. Also have these intermittent switching issues going to/from Apple TV.

I’ve read this issue is impacting others, but perhaps not as frequently as I’m seeing it. Are there any other settings to employ to minimize this or other workarounds? Your advice/experience appreciated.

My next newbie question - is the auto switching for hdr and sdr settings supposed to be operational for each individual source? So if it’s sdr Blu-ray on the Sony I’ll get Cinema and if 4K uhd, adaptive hdr? I assume so, if it’s working right, but not 100% sure. Or is it hopefully not set by source, which would mean if set to adaptive for the Sony and a sdr disc is played, I have to manually switch to Cinema? That would be painful!

Last newbie question- hdr hd programming streamed from Apple TV is way too bright with highlights washed out when using adaptive hdr; looks much better with HDR10 picture mode. Any way to automatically set things so hd programs are in hdr10 and 4K streamed content is adaptive hdr, or is this going to require manual adjustments?

Thanks in advance - your help appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 67 Old 04-07-2020, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
No I didn't
I get the this when I have HDR on and the content is 1080. Switching to Cinema gives me a great image and the lines go away. I see it the most when I am streaming content. Shows up the most when streaming Youtube. My hypothesis is the content doesn't have enough pixels because it is not HDR and the projector is trying to fill them in, so the lines show up.

Projector: JVC RS1000/NX5 || Screen: 135" SilverTicket 16:9 || Fronts: Martin Logan Impression 11A || Center: Martin Logan 50xt || Sub: 2x Polk PSW 505 || Surrounds: Martin Logan EM IW || Atmos: 4x Martin Logan EM IC || AVR: Marantz 8012 LCR AMPs: Parasound JC 1s || Consoles: Xbox One S, PS4 ||HT Enhancements: Seats from 4seating.com w/Sound Shakers and risers.
post #65 of 67 Old 04-09-2020, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I am new to the Nx5 by I can tell you what I know so far.

1. I recently switched to a certified 4k udh HDMI cable and set some "enhanced" hdmi mode in my Onkyo avr and my NX5 seems to be better about switching back to SDR from HDR. I was having the stuck in HDR mode for a week or so but after the changes thing are better.

2. For that apple 4k and auto tone mapping. I am pretty sure you can only have one auto HDR mode (there is one option in the bios). I don't have and apple tv but I hear is has it own tone mapping setting? You might try and adjust the apple tv such that the projector handles the mapping.

I really like my NX5 🙂

Have fun!
post #66 of 67 Old 05-20-2020, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
does anyone have any specific recommendations for gaming? Seems like most of the recs here are for movies. I have a ps4 pro and an xbox x and not sure if there is anything i should be doing differently.
post #67 of 67 Old 05-21-2020, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarvelous View Post
does anyone have any specific recommendations for gaming? Seems like most of the recs here are for movies. I have a ps4 pro and an xbox x and not sure if there is anything i should be doing differently.
There is a color calibrator in the settings of the Xbox., and then put the in the Lens setting Memory of your NX5. Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Marantz SR7011: 7.4.4 Martin Logan Edges (4: FR/FL/SR/SL) Martin Logan Axis (2: SBL/SBR) Martin Logan Stage X (Center) Martin Logan 1500X Sub (2) Martin Logan 1100X Sub (2) Sonance VP86R SST/SUR (4: Dolby Atmos) JVC NX-7/DaLite 125" 2:35:1 Scope Screen; Paladin DCR

Last edited by Azekecse; 05-21-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page