Vertical blue bar issue on the latest 4K JVCs - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
  • 2 Post By jbn008
  • 2 Post By jbn008
  • 1 Post By jbn008
  • 1 Post By Derek J

post #1 of 16 Old 05-14-2019, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Vertical blue bar issue on the latest 4K JVCs

I thought I'd start a separate thread to help consolidate the issue.

My hope is that those who have experienced the vertical blue/green bar issue will post what equipment was used when the issue popped up so we can get to the root of the problem (or at least rule it to be random). I've noticed several owners (including m myself), which reported the issue were using a Denon or Marantz receiver when it happened so maybe there's a pattern?

I first had the issue at around the 80 hour mark and have experienced it 4 times since. 3 times with firmware 2.04 and twice with the newer 2.05 (2x with a PS4 Pro and 3x with HTPC).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 8.54.44 PM.png
Views:	76
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	2566882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 8.54.57 PM.png
Views:	70
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	2566884  
smitty and MaxTemp like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-14-2019, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
cool
post #3 of 16 Old 05-16-2019, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 177
I think those are both just green bars? the green bars just happen to be laid over a blue background in the 2nd pic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-16-2019, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbn008 View Post

My hope is that those who have experienced the vertical blue/green bar issue will post what equipment was used when the issue popped up so we can get to the root of the problem (or at least rule it to be random). I've noticed several owners (including m myself), which reported the issue were using a Denon or Marantz receiver when it happened so maybe there's a pattern?

I first had the issue at around the 80 hour mark and have experienced it 4 times since. 3 times with firmware 2.04 and twice with the newer 2.05 (2x with a PS4 Pro and 3x with HTPC).
Hello!

I had this issue on my RS3000 with Krell Foundation 4K processor, Oppo 203, PS4 Pro - all was connected directly to the PJ.
So I think this problems doesn't depend on the source.

My projector have firmware 2.04, I can't find 2.05 version to download. Do you have it?
Also, I heard that you need to do full reset from the service menu after updating firmware to version 2.05.
Did you do that?
post #5 of 16 Old 05-16-2019, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Василий Пупкинг View Post
Hello!

I had this issue on my RS3000 with Krell Foundation 4K processor, Oppo 203, PS4 Pro - all was connected directly to the PJ.
So I think this problems doesn't depend on the source.

My projector have firmware 2.04, I can't find 2.05 version to download. Do you have it?
Also, I heard that you need to do full reset from the service menu after updating firmware to version 2.05.
Did you do that?
I did do the factory reset afterwards, but the issue still appeared about 10 hours later. It's unfortunate that there doesn't appear to be a pattern, though some say it might be related to "low latency" or cmd. I had both turned off last time I saw the bars so I still have no idea.
post #6 of 16 Old 05-16-2019, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestrosc View Post
I think those are both just green bars? the green bars just happen to be laid over a blue background in the 2nd pic?
I think it depends on what content, but usually they appear as blue when watching video content (the green photo was of a pc game my son was playing when it happened).
post #7 of 16 Old 05-16-2019, 05:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 11465 Post(s)
Liked: 9056
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:

You should not have to start a thread on this. Your dealer should have taken care of you.
post #8 of 16 Old 05-17-2019, 03:33 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
I did do the factory reset afterwards, but the issue still appeared about 10 hours later. It's unfortunate that there doesn't appear to be a pattern, though some say it might be related to "low latency" or cmd. I had both turned off last time I saw the bars so I still have no idea.
Can't send you a PM due to lack of my total posts count

Please, email me to [email protected]

Thanks!
post #9 of 16 Old 05-17-2019, 04:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1712 Post(s)
Liked: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
You should not have to start a thread on this. Your dealer should have taken care of you.
Brilliant!

After all the 'Sony vs JVC' threads that abound, you do realise how that sounds coming from yourself don't you?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
post #10 of 16 Old 05-17-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archibald1 View Post
Brilliant!

After all the 'Sony vs JVC' threads that abound, you do realise how that sounds coming from yourself don't you?
What do you mean? Earlier I have posted that people with this problem should contact their dealer. I have had customers with this problem. One was solved because I got with JVC and had JVC arrange an exchange, firmware was not quite ready yet. On the other one or two I got with JVC and JVC sent a beta firmware update to the customer and procedure to install. JVC also asked the customers not to distribute. The software has not been released, because it is beta, so JVC does not want it out there freely being installed to everybodies projector. So the only way to get it is from talking to JVC and that is what your dealer is for. If you have installed this firmware and you still have a problem, then you may need an exchange. Once again, contact your dealer.

Added
When I posted earlier about people with this problem, should contact their dealer, I was not at liberty to say that there was a beta software out there for this problem. So I did what I could and told people to contact their dealer and then when their dealer contacted JVC, JVC would be able to inform them of this solution.

Last edited by Mike Garrett; 05-17-2019 at 05:05 AM.
post #11 of 16 Old 05-17-2019, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
What do you mean? Earlier I have posted that people with this problem should contact their dealer. I have had customers with this problem. One was solved because I got with JVC and had JVC arrange an exchange, firmware was not quite ready yet. On the other one or two I got with JVC and JVC sent a beta firmware update to the customer and procedure to install. JVC also asked the customers not to distribute. The software has not been released, because it is beta, so JVC does not want it out there freely being installed to everybodies projector. So the only way to get it is from talking to JVC and that is what your dealer is for. If you have installed this firmware and you still have a problem, then you may need an exchange. Once again, contact your dealer.

Added
When I posted earlier about people with this problem, should contact their dealer, I was not at liberty to say that there was a beta software out there for this problem. So I did what I could and told people to contact their dealer and then when their dealer contacted JVC, JVC would be able to inform them of this solution.
Mike-

My dealer did take care of me and got the new firmware from JVC. It didn't solve the issue (this has been the case with a few others) and JVC is sending me an advanced replacement. I wanted to start the thread because this seems to be a growing issue and I'm not convinced that it's a hardware problem (though I hope I'm wrong) so I was hoping to shed more light on the situation.

I can say for certain that there isn't currently a firmware fix for this issue because I asked JVC directly. Which I guess is obvious since they're sending me a new unit.
Mike Garrett and Archibald1 like this.
post #12 of 16 Old 05-17-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Mike-

My dealer did take care of me and got the new firmware from JVC. It didn't solve the issue (this has been the case with a few others) and JVC is sending me an advanced replacement. I wanted to start the thread because this seems to be a growing issue and I'm not convinced that it's a hardware problem (though I hope I'm wrong) so I was hoping to shed more light on the situation.

I can say for certain that there isn't currently a firmware fix for this issue because I asked JVC directly. Which I guess is obvious since they're sending me a new unit.
If it was a firmware issue, then everybody running the same firmware would have the problem. If it was a hardware issue in the design, then everyone would have the problem. Sounds like it is just a defective projector, as in there is a part that is defective. Firmware has fixed this issue for several people, but it sounds like your issues are a little different.
post #13 of 16 Old 05-17-2019, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
If it was a firmware issue, then everybody running the same firmware would have the problem. If it was a hardware issue in the design, then everyone would have the problem. Sounds like it is just a defective projector, as in there is a part that is defective. Firmware has fixed this issue for several people, but it sounds like your issues are a little different.
I know of 3 users who are in the same boat as myself, but I hope you're right. As for the thread, I wanted to shine a light on this issue in case the numbers grow and this ends up being fixable thru a future firmware.
Archibald1 likes this.
post #14 of 16 Old Yesterday, 03:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thanks for bringing this to my attention I was in the market for either a 4k jvc or an eshift5 jvc.
Archibald1 likes this.
post #15 of 16 Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM

Quote:
I know of 3 users who are in the same boat as myself, but I hope you're right. As for the thread, I wanted to shine a light on this issue in case the numbers grow and this ends up being fixable thru a future firmware.
It is annoying, but will get resolved one way or another. JVC does not have any choice but to resolve it.
post #16 of 16 Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
It is annoying, but will get resolved one way or another. JVC does not have any choice but to resolve it.
I agree. I'd gladly take this issue over many others, but I'm confident JVC will solve it regardless. Btw, JVC has been outstanding in terms of customer service and their willingness to address the issue. I have no worries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page