JVC NX5 not displaying 4K @ 60Hz. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By JeffR1
  • 1 Post By Mike Garrett
  • 1 Post By Luminated67
  • 1 Post By Archibald1
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 05-28-2019, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mickey79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 1,295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 37
JVC NX5 not displaying 4K @ 60Hz.

Looking for some advice.

I'm setting up my new JVC NX5 for the first time. Have almost everything at default. The projector is not displaying image of 4K @ 60hz. It's displaying images at all other resolutions, including 4K @ 24hz.

I have an HTPC (RTX 2080 Ti) & LG UBK90 UHD Blu-ray player. Both are connected to a Denon X6300H receiver. This receiver has two 4K HDCP 2.2 (HDMI 2.0b) outputs.

One out goes to a $500 TCL 6 Series UHD HDR TV.
The other one is going to the JVC NX5.

On my HTPC, in Nvidia Control Panel, when I have the resolution set to 3840x2160, 60Hz, RGB, 8bit, Full, I get no image, just a blue screen with "No Input", on the JVC NX5. However, I get my desktop on the TCL TV as I always have. No issues on the TV.

If I drop the 60Hz to 24Hz, the NX5 immediately displays my desktop.

Is there some setting in the projector I need to use? Am I doing something incorrect here?

Thanks!!

7.1.4: Polk RTi12 Fronts, RTi8 Surrounds, Monitor70 Surround Backs, CSi A6 Center, Klipsch R-14M Front Height & Rear Height + Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.
JVC NX5 True 4K HDR Projector / Denon X6300H AVR
Intel Broadwell-E 6 Core (H2O) / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid (H2O) HTPC
LG UBK80 UHD Blu-ray / XBOX One X
mickey79 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 Old 05-28-2019, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
tommarra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 641
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey79 View Post
Looking for some advice.



I'm setting up my new JVC NX5 for the first time. Have almost everything at default. The projector is not displaying image of 4K @ 60hz. It's displaying images at all other resolutions, including 4K @ 24hz.



I have an HTPC (RTX 2080 Ti) & LG UBK90 UHD Blu-ray player. Both are connected to a Denon X6300H receiver. This receiver has two 4K HDCP 2.2 (HDMI 2.0b) outputs.



One out goes to a $500 TCL 6 Series UHD HDR TV.

The other one is going to the JVC NX5.



On my HTPC, in Nvidia Control Panel, when I have the resolution set to 3840x2160, 60Hz, RGB, 8bit, Full, I get no image, just a blue screen with "No Input", on the JVC NX5. However, I get my desktop on the TCL TV as I always have. No issues on the TV.



If I drop the 60Hz to 24Hz, the NX5 immediately displays my desktop.



Is there some setting in the projector I need to use? Am I doing something incorrect here?



Thanks!!


Sounds like a HDMI cable problem. Is it certified to be 18gbps capable?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
tommarra is offline  
post #3 of 27 Old 05-28-2019, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mickey79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 1,295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Sounds like a HDMI cable problem. Is it certified to be 18gbps capable?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah! That's interesting. I didn't think about the cable. The one going from receiver to TCL TV is newer and definitely certified. The one going to projector is also from monoprice but it's older and I don't know if it's certified. Let me order a new one from monoprice, certified one, matching the other one & test.

Thanks!

7.1.4: Polk RTi12 Fronts, RTi8 Surrounds, Monitor70 Surround Backs, CSi A6 Center, Klipsch R-14M Front Height & Rear Height + Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.
JVC NX5 True 4K HDR Projector / Denon X6300H AVR
Intel Broadwell-E 6 Core (H2O) / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid (H2O) HTPC
LG UBK80 UHD Blu-ray / XBOX One X
mickey79 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 27 Old 05-28-2019, 07:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
tommarra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 641
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey79 View Post
Ah! That's interesting. I didn't think about the cable. The one going from receiver to TCL TV is newer and definitely certified. The one going to projector is also from monoprice but it's older and I don't know if it's certified. Let me order a new one from monoprice, certified one, matching the other one & test.



Thanks!


Depending on the cable length (>25 ft) you might want to get an optical cable

For 25ft the Amazon basics is a very good and cost effective option

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
tommarra is offline  
post #5 of 27 Old 05-29-2019, 05:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Archibald1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,606
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2201 Post(s)
Liked: 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey79 View Post
Ah! That's interesting. I didn't think about the cable. The one going from receiver to TCL TV is newer and definitely certified. The one going to projector is also from monoprice but it's older and I don't know if it's certified. Let me order a new one from monoprice, certified one, matching the other one & test.

Thanks!
Why not simply swap them over first to test before spending any Wonga?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
Archibald1 is offline  
post #6 of 27 Old 05-29-2019, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mickey79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 1,295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Depending on the cable length (>25 ft) you might want to get an optical cable

For 25ft the Amazon basics is a very good and cost effective option
It's actually less than 15ft so I went with the Monoprice Premium Certified - It's the same cable I'm using from my HTPC & UHD Player to Receiver, and from Receiver to the UHD TV. That way I'll know for sure it's the cable or not because I know the same cable is fully capable of 4K @ 60Hz.

It's this one (Had 15% Off & Free One-Day Shipping w/ Prime):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GCGKFBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archibald1 View Post
Why not simply swap them over first to test before spending any Wonga?
It's just not time-conducive for me. The way my cables are running in sleeves across the equipment, it would take me too long to disconnect, pull out, test, and re-run after test completion. I'd rather just spend the $15 odd or so and get a new one. To be honest, I really wouldn't mind replacing the cable as it's several years old, and was connected to an Epson 5010 (My predecessor to JVC NX5). All other cables are newer and were upgraded to premium certified as I was upgrading all other equipment to 4K.

I'll post back my results with the new cable.

Thanks.

7.1.4: Polk RTi12 Fronts, RTi8 Surrounds, Monitor70 Surround Backs, CSi A6 Center, Klipsch R-14M Front Height & Rear Height + Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.
JVC NX5 True 4K HDR Projector / Denon X6300H AVR
Intel Broadwell-E 6 Core (H2O) / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid (H2O) HTPC
LG UBK80 UHD Blu-ray / XBOX One X
mickey79 is offline  
post #7 of 27 Old 05-29-2019, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Luminated67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,174
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey79 View Post
It's actually less than 15ft so I went with the Monoprice Premium Certified - It's the same cable I'm using from my HTPC & UHD Player to Receiver, and from Receiver to the UHD TV. That way I'll know for sure it's the cable or not because I know the same cable is fully capable of 4K @ 60Hz.

It's this one (Had 15% Off & Free One-Day Shipping w/ Prime):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GCGKFBY



It's just not time-conducive for me. The way my cables are running in sleeves across the equipment, it would take me too long to disconnect, pull out, test, and re-run after test completion. I'd rather just spend the $15 odd or so and get a new one. To be honest, I really wouldn't mind replacing the cable as it's several years old, and was connected to an Epson 5010 (My predecessor to JVC NX5). All other cables are newer and were upgraded to premium certified as I was upgrading all other equipment to 4K.

I'll post back my results with the new cable.

Thanks.
Almost always it’s a cable issue and I don’t believe it’s any different here. If you are only needing a 15ft length then there’s not need for an Optical HDMI cable, an Amazon Basic should fit the bill.

Epson EH-TW9400 - QualGear Fixed Frame 100” - Sony x700 BRP & Panasonic 420 BRP - Sony 1080 AVR - IPL Acoustics M1TLs & IPL Acoustics AVC Pro Centre, Four KEF surrounds & 2 Sub boxes (10” Sub + 10” Passive Radiator)
Luminated67 is offline  
post #8 of 27 Old 05-29-2019, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
tommarra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 641
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey79 View Post
Looking for some advice.

I'm setting up my new JVC NX5 for the first time. Have almost everything at default. The projector is not displaying image of 4K @ 60hz. It's displaying images at all other resolutions, including 4K @ 24hz.

I have an HTPC (RTX 2080 Ti) & LG UBK90 UHD Blu-ray player. Both are connected to a Denon X6300H receiver. This receiver has two 4K HDCP 2.2 (HDMI 2.0b) outputs.

One out goes to a $500 TCL 6 Series UHD HDR TV.
The other one is going to the JVC NX5.

On my HTPC, in Nvidia Control Panel, when I have the resolution set to 3840x2160, 60Hz, RGB, 8bit, Full, I get no image, just a blue screen with "No Input", on the JVC NX5. However, I get my desktop on the TCL TV as I always have. No issues on the TV.

If I drop the 60Hz to 24Hz, the NX5 immediately displays my desktop.

Is there some setting in the projector I need to use? Am I doing something incorrect here?

Thanks!!
I know this is a bit off topic - but if you are looking to do mostly movies on the projector, you might want to leave the refresh rate at 23p. Given the sync time (3-5 seconds) everything the resolution changes, i have found leaving the PC at 23 HZ results in smoother user experience. (since most video content is 23p) If you are gaming or using the projector for actual PC use then of course leaving at 60 fps is probably the way to go.

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
tommarra is offline  
post #9 of 27 Old 06-19-2019, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mickey79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 1,295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 37
This is a late update to this thread. I was on business travel first week of June and got swamped upon my return, so didn't actually get a chance to setup and test things out quickly.

As it turned out, I made a mistake in the distance measurement. When my Monoprice Certified 15' cable arrived, it actually did not reach the length. I needed about 20' length. So I returned it, and instead ended up ordering a 25' (a few extra feet for good measure) AmazonBasics Cable as someone had advised.

Connected & Tested - Same problem!
4K @ 24Hz works.
4K @ 60Hz = "No Input"

I just returned that cable, and ordered an almost $100 Optic Fiber 25' cable from Amazon. Supposed to be here day after tomorrow. Got tired of trying to pocket a few dollars to see if it'll work, so going with Overkill to hopefully fix this issue.

If this cable doesn't fix this issue, I'll need to contact my dealer - will start looking like a Projector issue.

Some cable reviews on Amazon talked about some folks having "handshake" issues. I'm not entirely sure what that was about or what it entails - if anybody has any tips for me in that regards, please feel free to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
I know this is a bit off topic - but if you are looking to do mostly movies on the projector, you might want to leave the refresh rate at 23p. Given the sync time (3-5 seconds) everything the resolution changes, i have found leaving the PC at 23 HZ results in smoother user experience. (since most video content is 23p) If you are gaming or using the projector for actual PC use then of course leaving at 60 fps is probably the way to go.
I do agree with you, however, mine is Case #2 , so I do need 60Hz. Even for the Media Player, I use Kodi, and there is a very noticeable judder/difference when simply using the Kodi interface/Library to browse around, if you use 23p. It does the refresh-rate switching when playing back media.

Thanks!

7.1.4: Polk RTi12 Fronts, RTi8 Surrounds, Monitor70 Surround Backs, CSi A6 Center, Klipsch R-14M Front Height & Rear Height + Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.
JVC NX5 True 4K HDR Projector / Denon X6300H AVR
Intel Broadwell-E 6 Core (H2O) / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid (H2O) HTPC
LG UBK80 UHD Blu-ray / XBOX One X
mickey79 is offline  
post #10 of 27 Old 06-19-2019, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JeffR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,710
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1077 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Mickey, if the new cable does not work, connect the projector directly to the HTPC and if that solves the problem, with what ever cable you use, then look at the settings in the AVR.
There are number of post though out the forums where certain default settings in the AVR's are not allowing to display proper colours or refresh rates.


The other thing that may work when you get a blue screen is to switch to one input on the projector and back again to the HTPC.
I have to do this on my set-up occasionally to get things to "sink", although I am not using 60Hz refresh rate.
mickey79 likes this.

Last edited by JeffR1; 06-19-2019 at 03:11 PM.
JeffR1 is offline  
post #11 of 27 Old 06-19-2019, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,890
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12803 Post(s)
Liked: 10436
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey79 View Post
This is a late update to this thread. I was on business travel first week of June and got swamped upon my return, so didn't actually get a chance to setup and test things out quickly.

As it turned out, I made a mistake in the distance measurement. When my Monoprice Certified 15' cable arrived, it actually did not reach the length. I needed about 20' length. So I returned it, and instead ended up ordering a 25' (a few extra feet for good measure) AmazonBasics Cable as someone had advised.

Connected & Tested - Same problem!
4K @ 24Hz works.
4K @ 60Hz = "No Input"

I just returned that cable, and ordered an almost $100 Optic Fiber 25' cable from Amazon. Supposed to be here day after tomorrow. Got tired of trying to pocket a few dollars to see if it'll work, so going with Overkill to hopefully fix this issue.

If this cable doesn't fix this issue, I'll need to contact my dealer - will start looking like a Projector issue.

Some cable reviews on Amazon talked about some folks having "handshake" issues. I'm not entirely sure what that was about or what it entails - if anybody has any tips for me in that regards, please feel free to share.



I do agree with you, however, mine is Case #2 , so I do need 60Hz. Even for the Media Player, I use Kodi, and there is a very noticeable judder/difference when simply using the Kodi interface/Library to browse around, if you use 23p. It does the refresh-rate switching when playing back media.

Thanks!
I really doubt your projector has a problem with 4K 60P. 99.99% of the time, the problem is the cable, settings or processor. The easiest way to test is to connect a 4K HDR device like Roku direct to the projector using a 6' premium certified HDMI cable. I can tell you this, if you use an Onkyo or Integra AVR or processor, it could be that unit causing the problem. I have an RZ1100 in my family room setup and I tried two 50' fiber optic cables. Neither worked and one of them was the Ruipro cable. Both cables work fine in my dedicated room with my Marantz AV7703. I ended up having to use HD BaseT for the family room.
mickey79 likes this.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #12 of 27 Old 06-19-2019, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mickey79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 1,295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR1 View Post
Mickey, if the new cable does not work, connect the projector directly to the HTPC and if that solves the problem, with what ever cable you use, then look at the settings in the AVR.
There are number of post though out the forums where certain default settings in the AVR's are not allowing to display proper colours or refresh rates.


The other thing that may work when you get a blue screen is to switch to one input on the projector and back again to the HTPC.
I have to do this on my set-up occasionally to get things to "sink", although I am not using 60Hz refresh rate.
That sounds like a good plan! I will definitely try that in case things don't work (directly connecting to HTPC). Although I'm hoping this resolves the issue.
I did actually try the switching between inputs - I actually tried a lot of such things to try & get it to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
I really doubt your projector has a problem with 4K 60P. 99.99% of the time, the problem is the cable, settings or processor. The easiest way to test is to connect a 4K HDR device like Roku direct to the projector using a 6' premium certified HDMI cable. I can tell you this, if you use an Onkyo or Integra AVR or processor, it could be that unit causing the problem. I have an RZ1100 in my family room setup and I tried two 50' fiber optic cables. Neither worked and one of them was the Ruipro cable. Both cables work fine in my dedicated room with my Marantz AV7703. I ended up having to use HD BaseT for the family room.
I also don't want to/can't believe there is anything wrong with the JVC NX5.

I do have all video processing turned off in the AVR. This is a Denon X6300H - it was their flagship AVR at the time of release, with full 7.4.2 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X, HDR/Dolby Vision, and the works.

Also, keep in mind, the AVR has 2 HDMI Out:
- One goes to the JVC NX5
- The other goes to a UHD HDR/Dolby Vision TV (Which I use exclusively for Gaming)

There is no "per HDMI out" setting in the AVR. All settings/processing affect both HDMI Out ports. I'm successfully receiving 4K @ 60Hz from the same HTPC -> AVR -> TV. No Issues.

Therefore the problem is not the AVR or the HTPC. The only thing not shared between the TV receiving 4K @ 60Hz and the JVC NX5 is the HDMI Cable, of course. So that's where the suspicion is most notable.

Interesting, the Optic Fiber HDMI I just ordered is a "Ruipro" cable

I will definitely report back my results once I get the cable in.

Thanks guys.

7.1.4: Polk RTi12 Fronts, RTi8 Surrounds, Monitor70 Surround Backs, CSi A6 Center, Klipsch R-14M Front Height & Rear Height + Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.
JVC NX5 True 4K HDR Projector / Denon X6300H AVR
Intel Broadwell-E 6 Core (H2O) / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid (H2O) HTPC
LG UBK80 UHD Blu-ray / XBOX One X
mickey79 is offline  
post #13 of 27 Old 07-01-2019, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mickey79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 1,295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Just wanted to update everyone.

As soon as I plugged in the Fiber Optic HDMI Cable - 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz started working!! You guys were bang on target from the get-go; it just took me 3 cables to get the right cable, and as it turned out, had to be the Optic Fiber as 3 regular HDMI Cables, all "claiming" 4K @ 60Hz, did not work!!

Thank you all for diagnosing & assisting me with this issue!! From now on, for 4K @ 60Hz, I'm steering clear of non-Optic Fiber.

Thank you.

7.1.4: Polk RTi12 Fronts, RTi8 Surrounds, Monitor70 Surround Backs, CSi A6 Center, Klipsch R-14M Front Height & Rear Height + Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.
JVC NX5 True 4K HDR Projector / Denon X6300H AVR
Intel Broadwell-E 6 Core (H2O) / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid (H2O) HTPC
LG UBK80 UHD Blu-ray / XBOX One X
mickey79 is offline  
post #14 of 27 Old 12-03-2019, 12:12 PM
Member
 
tomasg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi,

I have problem with HDMI inputs on N5. I have only blue screen without signal, HDMI1 and HDMI2.
Menu is available. Reset from menu was done. I unplug power cord over night without success.

I tried metalic, optical, shorter HDMI cables, there is no difference. Signal inputs were AVR Marantz, Apple TV 4K, OPPO 203.

I had this problem before. Sometimes during movie I got no signal then I had to change input to other HDMI and back and it was ok.

Is there anything what should I try before sending it to service?
Is it possible to make some hard reset?

Thanks for advices
tomasg is offline  
post #15 of 27 Old 12-03-2019, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,890
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12803 Post(s)
Liked: 10436
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasg View Post
Hi,

I have problem with HDMI inputs on N5. I have only blue screen without signal, HDMI1 and HDMI2.
Menu is available. Reset from menu was done. I unplug power cord over night without success.

I tried metalic, optical, shorter HDMI cables, there is no difference. Signal inputs were AVR Marantz, Apple TV 4K, OPPO 203.

I had this problem before. Sometimes during movie I got no signal then I had to change input to other HDMI and back and it was ok.

Is there anything what should I try before sending it to service?
Is it possible to make some hard reset?

Thanks for advices
Connect Oppo 203 directly to projector and try playing a 4K HDR movie. That is the first step. If it passes the movie, then you know that the projector is not the problem.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #16 of 27 Old 12-03-2019, 12:18 PM
Member
 
tomasg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I tried OPPO, Apple TV, computer directly without AVR as signal input but there is no difference.
tomasg is offline  
post #17 of 27 Old 12-03-2019, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,890
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12803 Post(s)
Liked: 10436
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasg View Post
I tried OPPO, Apple TV, computer directly without AVR as signal input but there is no difference.
I missed that you said 4K 60P. But are you saying it will not even play 4K 24P?
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #18 of 27 Old 12-03-2019, 12:29 PM
Member
 
tomasg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Not even 720p from computer.
tomasg is offline  
post #19 of 27 Old 12-03-2019, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,890
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12803 Post(s)
Liked: 10436
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Could a power surge have taken out your HDMI board?
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #20 of 27 Old 12-03-2019, 02:24 PM
Member
 
tomasg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Could a power surge have taken out your HDMI board?
I dont know. How I can figure out this?
tomasg is offline  
post #21 of 27 Old 12-03-2019, 06:00 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,890
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12803 Post(s)
Liked: 10436
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasg View Post
I dont know. How I can figure out this?
If you can't get a lower 720p signal to pass through on either input, that means the board is shot. My guess is a surge or a short. Plugging and unplugging HDMI cables hot can cause this, but usually doesn't.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #22 of 27 Old 12-05-2019, 02:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Luminated67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,174
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey79 View Post
Just wanted to update everyone.

As soon as I plugged in the Fiber Optic HDMI Cable - 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz started working!! You guys were bang on target from the get-go; it just took me 3 cables to get the right cable, and as it turned out, had to be the Optic Fiber as 3 regular HDMI Cables, all "claiming" 4K @ 60Hz, did not work!!

Thank you all for diagnosing & assisting me with this issue!! From now on, for 4K @ 60Hz, I'm steering clear of non-Optic Fiber.

Thank you.
This is the first time I have heard problems receiving the full signal from a certified cable below 7M. I must admit anything I have that's over 3M is all optical just because it's not worth the hassle that we have all had since switching to 4K.
rwestley likes this.

Epson EH-TW9400 - QualGear Fixed Frame 100” - Sony x700 BRP & Panasonic 420 BRP - Sony 1080 AVR - IPL Acoustics M1TLs & IPL Acoustics AVC Pro Centre, Four KEF surrounds & 2 Sub boxes (10” Sub + 10” Passive Radiator)
Luminated67 is offline  
post #23 of 27 Old 12-05-2019, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,203
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminated67 View Post
This is the first time I have heard problems receiving the full signal from a certified cable below 7M. I must admit anything I have that's over 3M is all optical just because it's not worth the hassle that we have all had since switching to 4K.
I just want to make a suggestion regarding Fiber Optic cables. They are not all the same. I had an issue with sever brands. I have as others suggested had success with Ruipro brand. I have also had issues from the Apple TV to a Marantz receiver using non certified cables that would not work even for short runs.
rwestley is offline  
post #24 of 27 Old 12-05-2019, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Archibald1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,606
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2201 Post(s)
Liked: 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey79 View Post
Just wanted to update everyone.

As soon as I plugged in the Fiber Optic HDMI Cable - 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz started working!! You guys were bang on target from the get-go; it just took me 3 cables to get the right cable, and as it turned out, had to be the Optic Fiber as 3 regular HDMI Cables, all "claiming" 4K @ 60Hz, did not work!!

Thank you all for diagnosing & assisting me with this issue!! From now on, for 4K @ 60Hz, I'm steering clear of non-Optic Fiber.

Thank you.
One can only imagine the potential cable nightmare that awaits anyone who buys wholesale into 8K!
rwestley likes this.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
Archibald1 is offline  
post #25 of 27 Old 12-05-2019, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lizrussspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkview, IA
Posts: 3,236
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1292 Post(s)
Liked: 1949
@mickey79, once I bought that RUIPRO, all my issues went away. A few $, but worth it to me. Going on 2+ years with the same cable.
lizrussspike is offline  
post #26 of 27 Old 12-05-2019, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Luminated67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,174
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post
I just want to make a suggestion regarding Fiber Optic cables. They are not all the same. I had an issue with sever brands. I have as others suggested had success with Ruipro brand. I have also had issues from the Apple TV to a Marantz receiver using non certified cables that would not work even for short runs.
This is the brand most of us in the UK Forum have been using with no apparent issues and is on at a special price.

ATZEBE Fibre Optic HDMI Cable -10m, High-Speed HDMI 2.0 Cable Support [email protected] HDR/CEC/HDCP 2.2, Slim and Flexible HDMI Active Optical Cable https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L2YGG..._oNt6DbR5DCEJ8

Epson EH-TW9400 - QualGear Fixed Frame 100” - Sony x700 BRP & Panasonic 420 BRP - Sony 1080 AVR - IPL Acoustics M1TLs & IPL Acoustics AVC Pro Centre, Four KEF surrounds & 2 Sub boxes (10” Sub + 10” Passive Radiator)
Luminated67 is offline  
post #27 of 27 Old 12-05-2019, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,890
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12803 Post(s)
Liked: 10436
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminated67 View Post
This is the brand most of us in the UK Forum have been using with no apparent issues and is on at a special price.

ATZEBE Fibre Optic HDMI Cable -10m, High-Speed HDMI 2.0 Cable Support [email protected] HDR/CEC/HDCP 2.2, Slim and Flexible HDMI Active Optical Cable https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L2YGG..._oNt6DbR5DCEJ8
That is a good price for a fiber optic cable. Just have to be real careful, since it is pretty fragile.
Mike Garrett is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off