JVC projector plastic popping noise - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
JVC projector plastic popping noise

I have a JVC RS540 for about a year now and the plastic housing has started to make a slight popping/crackling noise. Say when it starts to warm up it makes little plastic crackling noises. If I slightly push the sides of the projector with my hands it will make that noise. I thought these things were built like a tank and hearing plastic popping noises is crazy for 4 grand! Has anyone else have these issues? I have the filter nice and clean and the bulb has like 600 hours on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Under the plastic of the case, the projector has “armor”, almost like a tank. All internal components are covered with strong iron sheets. Crack / cotton may be associated with the plastic case snaps. For example, the front part has fastenings with the top cover. The same with the back. Still, perhaps, the side or top cover badly twisted cogs.
from this the crackling is possible.
post #3 of 5 Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Yeah I understand what you are saying. I’m sure the interior is fine. If you barely touch the plastic after it’s been on it’s easy to make the plastic popping sound. Like when a car dash can do it at times from heat or cooling. It’s still annoying for something that was 4 grand. I’m trying to talk to jvc about it. I doubt there is an easy solution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 4475 Post(s)
Liked: 2810
You buy JVC for superior performance not for better construction of the case. A more expensive projector or component doesnt indicate that its plastic case is better or that it has undergone far better Q/C. Those things aren't part of it, unfortunately. Typically popping sounds like you describe are normal as the unit operates. It's even noted in the manual.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #5 of 5 Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 22
These clapping sounds are easy to get rid of. To do this, remove the side plastic walls. Then remove the top plastic cover. Most likely, under the top cover between the sheet of iron glued soft cushion foam. If necessary, it can be removed. Then, install and securely fasten the top cover with the bolts. Do the same with the side covers.
I think that such an operation is possible only after the expiration of the warranty period.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page