Where to sell High End 4K Projector lens? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dbpaddler

post #1 of 6 Old 07-16-2019, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Where to sell High End 4K Projector lens?

I hope this is the correct forum to post this type of question in, if not I apologize!

I recently purchased a storage unit at auction and a brand new
Barco EN41 33.7-49.54mm f/2.1-2.5 High-Resolution Standard Zoom Projector Lens was one of the items in the unit. I have done some research and it seems it is WQXGA/4K UHD and for possibly for business use whatever that means. I have no clue where to even start on finding a buyer for this lens, Any information on what the lens is used for or help to point me in the right direction is massively appreciated. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-16-2019, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Quoted: 11982 Post(s)
Liked: 9501
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlebornxx View Post
I hope this is the correct forum to post this type of question in, if not I apologize!

Barco EN41 33.7-49.54mm f/2.1-2.5 High-Resolution Standard Zoom Projector Lens was one of the items in the unit. I have done some research and it seems it is WQXGA/4K UHD and for possibly for business use whatever that means. I have no clue where to even start on finding a buyer for this lens, Any information on what the lens is used for or help to point me in the right direction is massively appreciated. Thank you
It is worth something if you can find a buyer for it, but finding a buyer for that particular lens will be like finding a needle in a haystack.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-16-2019, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 82
An EN13 and EN14 went for about $500 each on ebay recently.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-16-2019, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
An EN13 and EN14 went for about $500 each on ebay recently.

I have bought similar lenses on ebay. Always buy it now, never an auction. Going price is usually $500. This is a slightly better lens but has a very small audience so you may end up waiting a long time for a buyer. Good luck.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-16-2019, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Don't worry about the wait either. You don't have competition on the selling side for the most part. Take good pics. List it. Pack up the lens, then forget about it until you get the email that your item sold. When it does, you've probably forgotten about it, and it makes for a nice surprise.

Archibald1 likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-19-2019, 09:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlebornxx View Post

Business use generally means that it will be used for commercial applications rather than home use. As others said, I think you'll be able to sell it if you put it on eBay and wait for a while (make sure you avoid humidity). Buyers of this kind of lens want to make sure they have the correct specs and are working properly, so make sure to include all the information and good photos. Finally, although lens like this are worth several thousands of dollars because of their high-end materials and manufacture, in reality no one is going to pay that much because you can't offer any warranty or maintenance, not to mention AV companies rarely (if ever) invest on stand-alone used lenses. So, keep it around the same prices as the ones that do sell.

Besides eBay, I would suggest you look for AV groups on Facebook marketplace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
panorama , panoramic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page