Sony 285/385 for Casual Gaming? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kaotikr1

post #1 of 2 Old 08-12-2019, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Sony 285/385 for Casual Gaming?

I'll be brief, I currently own an HW50ES 1080p and I expect several more years of use out of it now that replacement bulbs can be found in the single digits. However I'm looking ahead to the near future where a Sony 4K will replace it. Quickly, are the 285/385 suitable for doing casual gaming from the couch? I think the answer is yes but I wanted to check.
I'd like to consider one of the Brand-X short throw laser projectors but it seems where gaming is concerned those are firmly in the 'nope' range.......

Can anyone who does keyboard/mouse gaming with a 285/385 give me a thumbs-up or down on this?

Many Thanks!

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-12-2019, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post
I'll be brief, I currently own an HW50ES 1080p and I expect several more years of use out of it now that replacement bulbs can be found in the single digits. However I'm looking ahead to the near future where a Sony 4K will replace it. Quickly, are the 285/385 suitable for doing casual gaming from the couch? I think the answer is yes but I wanted to check.
I'd like to consider one of the Brand-X short throw laser projectors but it seems where gaming is concerned those are firmly in the 'nope' range.......

Can anyone who does keyboard/mouse gaming with a 285/385 give me a thumbs-up or down on this?

Many Thanks!
I did KB/M gaming on my 385ES and did not find any issues with the causal gaming. If I wanted to do more twitch type FPS gaming I would play on a gaming monitor, but for casual gaming you will be fine.
HeadRusch likes this.

Lind Family HT
HT - RS2000 - ST130 - Emotiva RMC-1 - XPA-7 - XPA-5 - GE Triton 2 - GE Supercenter XXL - GE Invisa 650 x 8 - Xbox One X - PS4 Pro - Oppo BDP-203 - Kalediscape Strato - HTPC 1008ti- Dual SVS PB16-Ultra's - Lumagen Radiance Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page