Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-31-2019, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HELP!!! JVC X590r projector

Hey guys,

I have a jvc x590r projector. I need help with calibration..so basically on hdr mode with gamma st.2084 I find the image is very dark compared to the same image in sdr mode.

I have a calman 5 with c6 meter.

I need help on how to calibrate the picture tone, dark level, and the bright level.

Please let me know that will be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-31-2019, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 1288 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhwinder Singh View Post
Hey guys,

I have a jvc x590r projector. I need help with calibration..so basically on hdr mode with gamma st.2084 I find the image is very dark compared to the same image in sdr mode.

I have a calman 5 with c6 meter.

I need help on how to calibrate the picture tone, dark level, and the bright level.

Please let me know that will be helpful.
While there are differences between the x590 and the x790/x990, this link may be helpful for getting started.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...rs-thread.html

While your projector lacks the color filter to maximize bt2020, the HDR st 2084 gamma settings should translate well.

Using the Panasonic ub820 and ub9000 bluray players, is still a very worthwhile path for 4k HDR title playback using the SDR2020 approach.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-04-2019, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What i want to learn is how to calibrate the st.2084 or any other gamma setting using the Picture Tone, Bright level, and Dark Level
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-05-2019, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 1288 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhwinder Singh View Post
What i want to learn is how to calibrate the st.2084 or any other gamma setting using the Picture Tone, Bright level, and Dark Level
There has been a great deal of discussion regarding calibrating st2084 on the eshift jvc units. The on board picture tone, bright level and dark level are very limited tools. The better effort has been using arve tools to install custom curves.

When I had my x990 calibrated by Chad B, I was able to attempt to get as close as possible to his custom settings, using the onboard controls. The specifics of that effort is referenced in the link I shared. And while the results are good, they fall short of installing custom arve curves using the jvc calibration software or tone mapping the gamma via an external device such as the panny ub820 or ub9000 players, a lumagen radiance pro processor or madvr.

If you want to explore more about the arves curves method, Javs has written extensively on the subject, which can also be found linked in the jvc eshift owners thread I referenced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page