Originally Posted by kemannthey
So in the video review the dark scenes from guirdians if the Galaxy looked pretty flat/poor.
Is it really that bad or just just his setup (wash out + who knows what hdr stack).
I don't have guardians of the Galaxy to make a direct comparision but I can tell you that its not that bad at all. Its not a perfet projectr and contrast its not its best quality but I'm globally satisfied.
This is my initial impression after about 50 hour.
What I like:
- Brightness is impressive, even in echo mode. A TV like experience
- Colors are intense, deep and natural
- Resolution is beyond my expectation, e-shift works very well and without artifact or any added noise.
- Noise in echo mode, the projector is not udible
- Ranbow in 50/60 Hertz is almost absent
- Lens shift and throwing distance is perfect for my room
- I can leave it on without worrying about the lamp duration. With two kids who use it insted of TV is not trivial
What I don't like (but I can live with)
- Lens quality is poor, lot of cromatic aberrations and halo on menu text (which is not so evident on screen)
- Noise in Standard and variable high/low mode is udible
- Noise in variable high/low (80% of light) is equal to noise in Standard mode(100% light). For reference echo is 70% of light and its dead silent. Hope a firmware upgrade can fix this.
- Native contrast can be better
- Rainbow in 24P mode is clearly visible to my eyes (i'm very sensitive), but I have accepted it.
- Focus has slight shift when projecter is cold/hot, again the lens is poor.
- The menu has a good style if we had been twenty years ago
- Lens shift do not have a zero position, so you don't know if you have it enabled or not and how much. Its a minor issue, but I don't like it.
- HDMI synch is slow and may happen frequently when the Apple TV output format is different than the content you are watching.