AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/)
-   -   Struggling with PJ choice - need advice! (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/3089910-struggling-pj-choice-need-advice.html)

Loooogical 09-10-2019 06:59 AM

Struggling with PJ choice - need advice!

So, building a new house, got a room with 100 % light control – dark colour on all wall and ceiling and just 1 small windows that can be completely blacked out. I have space for a 120" screen (diagonal) maximum, and my maximum throw distance is about 3,4 meters (assuming a 50 cm deep PJ). I will be sitting about 2,5-3 meters from the screen.

Soooo, what is absolutely most important for me, is that I can watch soccer with smooth motions (no stuttering ball). I will soon be able to get soccer in 4K signal from my TV provider.

I have already bought a Denon AVR-X3500H.

Now I'm super torn about what PJ I want to buy. I have been looking at anything from Sony 295 and 695 too Epson TW9400 (6050UB), BenQ HT-series, and JVC. Like I said, watching sports are the most important when picking, but I will off course also watch movies with the family.

My budget is from 3k to 8k really, but I have been thinking of maybe not going all out now, since there are no new releases from Sony and JVC this year. Maybe get something for now, and upgrade in a couple of years.

Please help me!

skylarlove1999 09-10-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loooogical (Post 58537638)
So, building a new house, got a room with 100 % light control – dark colour on all wall and ceiling and just 1 small windows that can be completely blacked out. I have space for a 120" screen (diagonal) maximum, and my maximum throw distance is about 3,4 meters (assuming a 50 cm deep PJ). I will be sitting about 2,5-3 meters from the screen.

Soooo, what is absolutely most important for me, is that I can watch soccer with smooth motions (no stuttering ball). I will soon be able to get soccer in 4K signal from my TV provider.

Now I'm super torn about what PJ I want to buy. I have been looking at anything from Sony 295 and 695 too Epson TW9400 (6050UB), BenQ HT-series, and JVC. Like I said, watching sports are the most important when picking, but I will off course also watch movies with the family.

My budget is from 3k to 8k really, but I have been thinking of maybe not going all out now, since there are no new releases from Sony and JVC this year. Maybe get something for now, and upgrade in a couple of years.

Please help me!

Maybe buy Epson 5040 for right now. It handled motion very well and did a good job with movies and HDR. Don't get me wrong the 5050 and 6050 are much better than the 5040 but you can find the 5040 for a very inexpensive price right now and then see what happens in the next couple of years as you mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DunMunro 09-10-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loooogical (Post 58537638)

Please help me!

You'll need a projector capable of a fairly short throw for a 120in screen from 3.4m (11ft 2in). I'd suggest looking at the UHD51A/ALV and the HT3550.