Struggling with PJ choice - need advice! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-10-2019, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Struggling with PJ choice - need advice!

So, building a new house, got a room with 100 % light control – dark colour on all wall and ceiling and just 1 small windows that can be completely blacked out. I have space for a 120" screen (diagonal) maximum, and my maximum throw distance is about 3,4 meters (assuming a 50 cm deep PJ). I will be sitting about 2,5-3 meters from the screen.

Soooo, what is absolutely most important for me, is that I can watch soccer with smooth motions (no stuttering ball). I will soon be able to get soccer in 4K signal from my TV provider.

I have already bought a Denon AVR-X3500H.

Now I'm super torn about what PJ I want to buy. I have been looking at anything from Sony 295 and 695 too Epson TW9400 (6050UB), BenQ HT-series, and JVC. Like I said, watching sports are the most important when picking, but I will off course also watch movies with the family.

My budget is from 3k to 8k really, but I have been thinking of maybe not going all out now, since there are no new releases from Sony and JVC this year. Maybe get something for now, and upgrade in a couple of years.

Please help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-10-2019, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loooogical View Post
So, building a new house, got a room with 100 % light control – dark colour on all wall and ceiling and just 1 small windows that can be completely blacked out. I have space for a 120" screen (diagonal) maximum, and my maximum throw distance is about 3,4 meters (assuming a 50 cm deep PJ). I will be sitting about 2,5-3 meters from the screen.

Soooo, what is absolutely most important for me, is that I can watch soccer with smooth motions (no stuttering ball). I will soon be able to get soccer in 4K signal from my TV provider.

Now I'm super torn about what PJ I want to buy. I have been looking at anything from Sony 295 and 695 too Epson TW9400 (6050UB), BenQ HT-series, and JVC. Like I said, watching sports are the most important when picking, but I will off course also watch movies with the family.

My budget is from 3k to 8k really, but I have been thinking of maybe not going all out now, since there are no new releases from Sony and JVC this year. Maybe get something for now, and upgrade in a couple of years.

Please help me!
Maybe buy Epson 5040 for right now. It handled motion very well and did a good job with movies and HDR. Don't get me wrong the 5050 and 6050 are much better than the 5040 but you can find the 5040 for a very inexpensive price right now and then see what happens in the next couple of years as you mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by skylarlove1999; 09-10-2019 at 05:36 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-10-2019, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loooogical View Post

Please help me!
You'll need a projector capable of a fairly short throw for a 120in screen from 3.4m (11ft 2in). I'd suggest looking at the UHD51A/ALV and the HT3550.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page