AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/)
-   -   Projectors at CEDIA 2019 (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/3090124-projectors-cedia-2019-a.html)

imagic 09-11-2019 09:35 AM

Projectors at CEDIA 2019
 
CEDIA Expo 2019 begins on Thursday, 9/12. I'll post pictures and comments about projectors I see at the show in this thread.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

skylarlove1999 09-11-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imagic (Post 58542620)
CEDIA Expo 2019 begins on Thursday, 9/12. I'll post pictures and comments about projectors I see at the show in this thread.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Subscribed. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tuan 09-11-2019 10:48 AM

Don't forget to stop by the ADI Global booth - we'll have an Optoma P1 on demo there :)

DavidK442 09-13-2019 09:36 PM

With zero updates for this thread I turned to Google and was excited to find a big, bold headline from What Hifi.com announcing an Epson “flagship Pro UHD 4K projector.” I clicked on the link with excitement to find the 6050UB. 🤬 Pathetic click-bate hacks! Not too different than the media circus AVS tried to generate months ago but at least the Forums were smart enough to keep the announcement vague with no mention of Epson UHD.
As foretold, no significant announcements for the general projector market this year. 😞

imagic 09-13-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidK442 (Post 58555032)
With zero updates for this thread I turned to Google and was excited to find a big, bold headline from What Hifi.com announcing an Epson “flagship Pro UHD 4K projector.” I clicked on the link with excitement to find the 6050UB. 🤬 Pathetic click-bate hacks! Not too different than the media circus AVS tried to generate months ago but at least the Forums were smart enough to keep the announcement vague with no mention of Epson UHD.
As foretold, no significant announcements for the general projector market this year. 😞

There was nothing much to report aside from the L500 UST from Epson. Sony and JVC had firmware updates.

Mind you, JVCs 8K projector demo looked absolutely stunning. Best PQ at the show.

imagic 09-14-2019 05:59 AM


imagic 09-14-2019 06:01 AM


imagic 09-14-2019 06:06 AM

During the Wisdom Audio demo, a Barco Loki was used for projection. It could not help but notice how inferior the picture quality was as compared to the 8K JVC DLA-RS3000. I understand the Loki needs to fill a huge screen but it did not look nearly as good overall, and especially in terms of contrast and saturated colors.

JoeDH 09-14-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imagic (Post 58555768)
During the Wisdom Audio demo, a Barco Loki was used for projection. It could not help but notice how inferior the picture quality was as compared to the 8K JVC DLA-RS3000. I understand the Loki needs to fill a huge screen but it did not look nearly as good overall, and especially in terms of contrast and saturated colors.


Did you get a chance to see the Barco Bragi? New 2100 lumen LED projector. I'm curious as to whether or not it has the same sequential contrast problems as the laser ones in the family.

noah katz 09-14-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imagic (Post 58555174)
Mind you, JVCs 8K projector demo looked absolutely stunning. Best PQ at the show.


But not likely because of the resolution.

IMO 8k is a total waste of resources.

Or worse, as it lowers CR in pj's.

juanchibiris 09-14-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imagic (Post 58555174)
There was nothing much to report aside from the L500 UST from Epson. Sony and JVC had firmware updates.



Mind you, JVCs 8K projector demo looked absolutely stunning. Best PQ at the show.

I don't know if it was me but I liked better the image at the 8k projector than their flagship RS4500 at the klipsch booth, my wife thinks the same.

Only other projector that really liked my wife and I was the Sony 5000ES

Enviado desde mi SM-N9600 mediante Tapatalk

imagic 09-14-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juanchibiris (Post 58556838)
I don't know if it was me but I liked better the image at the 8k projector than their flagship RS4500 at the klipsch booth, my wife thinks the same.

Only other projector that really liked my wife and I was the Sony 5000ES

Enviado desde mi SM-N9600 mediante Tapatalk

Agree at least as presented at that show the NX9 looked best. I was shocked the demo room was empty when I got there.

But that Klipsch demo looked good too.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...36d6433b10.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

tidwelr1 09-14-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imagic (Post 58556894)
Agree at least as presented at that show the NX9 looked best. I was shocked the demo room was empty when I got there.

But that Klipsch demo looked good too.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...36d6433b10.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk



Is there a throw distance calculator somewhere? How many feet do you need for a 120” screen?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ericglo 09-14-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imagic (Post 58555760)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cdd87769d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Was this the easiest award ever given?:D

imagic 09-14-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericglo (Post 58558304)
Was this the easiest award ever given?:D

I had hoped for more projector news at the show. So there it is.

Ericglo 09-14-2019 05:12 PM

I haven't looked, but what about the large panels? Did Sony have their massive 25 footer?

imagic 09-14-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericglo (Post 58558336)
I haven't looked, but what about the large panels? Did Sony have their massive 25 footer?

Yes. Sony said it Was working to make it a consumer product...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3fc79c91ae.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...dd66cddc43.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

plain fan 09-14-2019 05:55 PM

Did you see the room with the Epson 6050UB running? Sound & Vision gave it some pretty high marks when they saw it.

Archaea 09-14-2019 08:57 PM

no news of HDMI 2.1 on any upcoming projectors?

(@stitch1 and I were talking about this recently)

645824 10-05-2019 08:25 PM

Your photo of the JVC LX-NZ3 got my attention. In googling around, here is a tad more detail on that unit:

https://www.projectorreviews.com/the...ervers-page-2/


and here is JVC's announcement on the unit:

http://pro.jvc.com/pro/pr/2019/consu...3_release.html

but it uses a 0.47-inch DMD DLP chip so I'm a tad disappointed in that. I was hoping for the 0.66 chip.

Thanks,

Scott


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.