No new models for Sony VW295ES or JVC NX5? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
  • 1 Post By Spizz
  • 1 Post By mariob33
  • 1 Post By Archibald1
  • 1 Post By Mike Garrett
  • 2 Post By JeffR1

post #1 of 7 Old 09-18-2019, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
No new models for Sony VW295ES or JVC NX5?

So I was eagerly awaiting the CEDIA announcement of new models for the Sony VW295ES or JVC NX5, and then ... nothing. Any ideas whether they (or another manufacturer) might release something new in 4K for about $5K in the foreseeable future?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-18-2019, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 356
The NX5 is getting a DTM feature for free via a firmware update if HDR matters to you it might sway you. If not then I would think we will not see any new releases until this time next year, except possibly from BenQ IMO.
Archibald1 likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-18-2019, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
No need to wait get yourself an NX5 or 7 you won’t be disappointed. In my opinion bang for buck the JVC’s are way ahead of anything Sony at the moment and realistically as future proof as needed for now. Unless laser suddenly price plummets nothing comes even close picture quality, feature set wise.
Craig Peer likes this.

In search of video bliss...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-19-2019, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2036 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsenger View Post
So I was eagerly awaiting the CEDIA announcement of new models for the Sony VW295ES or JVC NX5, and then ... nothing. Any ideas whether they (or another manufacturer) might release something new in 4K for about $5K in the foreseeable future?
Sony and JVC seem to have come to the decision to look after customers, who spend (whichever way you look at it) extraordinary amounts of money on these products, with firmware updates and new features instead of the usual cynical drive to push new sales when all that is on offer are software updates with no new hardware.

I hope they continue this modus operandi as I think it will engender more loyalty and confidence in the whole market.

When they truly have something new to release, then and only then, should they bring out new models.

On top of that JVCs new models have only been freely available for about 9 months and the Sony's were only released last year. Sony usually have a 2 year cycle anyway but I am not sure about JVC or others.

You won't go far wrong with anything available today image wise. Your only choices for native 4K (without selling your granny for parts) are JVC and Sony at the present time.
Craig Peer likes this.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-19-2019, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz View Post
The NX5 is getting a DTM feature for free via a firmware update if HDR matters to you it might sway you. If not then I would think we will not see any new releases until this time next year, except possibly from BenQ IMO.
What is DTM ?
post #6 of 7 Old 09-19-2019, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12522 Post(s)
Liked: 10133
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR1 View Post
What is DTM ?
Dynamic Tone Mapping for HDR content. You used to have to buy a Lumagen to get this. not saying it will be as good as Lumagen. That has not been determined yet and I am not expecting it to perform to that level. But great free feature, that JVC is adding.
Archibald1 likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-19-2019, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Dynamic Tone Mapping for HDR content. You used to have to buy a Lumagen to get this. not saying it will be as good as Lumagen. That has not been determined yet and I am not expecting it to perform to that level. But great free feature, that JVC is adding.
I thought this was only for the NX7/9 and RS2000/3000, that's great it's for the NX5/RS1000 too.
Craig Peer and Mike Garrett like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
nx5 , vw295es

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page