projector and screen for home theater - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-05-2019, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
projector and screen for home theater

Hi Guys

Im thinking about buying a BenQ W5700 True 4K UHD Projector with a Elite Screens SB150WH2. Will this suit a room 6000mm wide 6000mm deep 4000mm high and no windows so it will be pitch black.

or possibly a kit like.
https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/ben...a-package.html

will be used mostly for movies, VR, and football matches

Last edited by lampy0071; 10-05-2019 at 05:54 PM.
lampy0071 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 10-05-2019, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bix26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampy0071 View Post
Hi Guys



Im thinking about buying a BenQ W5700 True 4K UHD Projector with a Elite Screens SB150WH2. Will this suit a room 6000mm wide 6000mm deep 4000mm high and no windows so it will be pitch black.



or possibly a kit like.

https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/ben...a-package.html



will be used mostly for movies, VR, and football matches


I’m not sure about Australia, in the US those should be a lot cheaper. Also, combo packages are usually a way retailers get around mandated price. They can’t charge more then x amount for the projector so they tack on $2,000 and throw in a $50 mount and an $800 screen. I would check Amazon to see how much each of those would cost individually. You might find you’ll save a lot of money.
bix26 is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 10-06-2019, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
I’m not sure about Australia, in the US those should be a lot cheaper. Also, combo packages are usually a way retailers get around mandated price. They can’t charge more then x amount for the projector so they tack on $2,000 and throw in a $50 mount and an $800 screen. I would check Amazon to see how much each of those would cost individually. You might find you’ll save a lot of money.
Thanks, and your right I can get it cheaper I just used that link as an example of a package deal.
lampy0071 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 10-06-2019, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bix26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampy0071 View Post
Thanks, and your right I can get it cheaper I just used that link as an example of a package deal.


I’m not sure what screen that was? SilverTicket and Elite Screens are the most commonly used/recommended brands for tight budgets. Screens for obvious reasons don’t vary too much in quality. If you pay a lot for a for a fixed frame screen your not getting much more in terms of quality. If your looking at a tab tensioned retractable, ambient light rejecting or acoustically transparent screen then that’s a different story.

The mount I believe was a peerless mount, they seem to have a pretty good following and are fairly priced imo.

As for HDMI if your looking for one longer than 7.5m or 25’ @4k 10bit color then you might need to get a fiber optic hdmi cable and they run about $250
bix26 is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 10-06-2019, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
I’m not sure what screen that was? SilverTicket and Elite Screens are the most commonly used/recommended brands for tight budgets. Screens for obvious reasons don’t vary too much in quality. If you pay a lot for a for a fixed frame screen your not getting much more in terms of quality. If your looking at a tab tensioned retractable, ambient light rejecting or acoustically transparent screen then that’s a different story.

The mount I believe was a peerless mount, they seem to have a pretty good following and are fairly priced imo.

As for HDMI if your looking for one longer than 7.5m or 25’ @4k 10bit color then you might need to get a fiber optic hdmi cable and they run about $250
I have already run a 4k fibre optic HDMI cable in the room.

so would Elite Screens SB150WH2 work well with BenQ W5700 True 4K UHD Projector, just want to make sure I get a really nice picture dont want to get the wrong screen and have it look like crap
lampy0071 is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 10-06-2019, 05:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Geraldton - 250miles from Perth Western Australia
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Go down to Spotlight stores and buy some silver backed dance spandex - $60 will get you 4m.
Bunnings for some wood, screws and staples - about $60.
Instant AT screen for $120


this is mine at 3600x1500 (155" 21:9)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spandex screen 1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	2624542  
Attached Images
 
niterida is online now  
post #7 of 8 Old 10-06-2019, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bix26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampy0071 View Post
I have already run a 4k fibre optic HDMI cable in the room.



so would Elite Screens SB150WH2 work well with BenQ W5700 True 4K UHD Projector, just want to make sure I get a really nice picture dont want to get the wrong screen and have it look like crap


I would use this calculator first before choosing what size. As long as it fits it should look as good as any other screen imo.


https://www.projectorcentral.com/Ben...ulator-pro.htm
bix26 is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 10-06-2019, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
I would use this calculator first before choosing what size. As long as it fits it should look as good as any other screen imo.


https://www.projectorcentral.com/Ben...ulator-pro.htm
Thanks, I have done this i can put the projector 4850mm from the screen, the calculator recommends between 4500-7200 so I will be just in tolerances for a 150 inch screen
lampy0071 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off