Panasonic PT-AE4000 Lens memory vs aspect ratio - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-09-2019, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Panasonic PT-AE4000 Lens memory vs aspect ratio

Sorry to start a new thread but I couldn't really find a full answer for what I'm looking for. I'm using the Panasonic PT-AE4000 projector and I don't understand the difference between the lens memory function under the LENS CONTROL menu, versus aspect ratio under the POSITION menu. I have a film shot in Cinemascope 2.35:1 (video file resolution is 1920 x 816 @ 24fps). To configure the projector to present the film properly, I understand I can switch the lens memory function to 2.35:1. Do I still need to change the aspect ratio under the POSITION menu? Between 16:9 aspect, ZOOM aspect, etc. is there a better option? Both of these type of settings talk about 2.35:1/Cinemascope, but what is the difference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I have the PTAE 4000 and it's a great projector. I am not at home to test things and certainly couldn't walk you through the menus by memory. I have a 2.35:1 screen and after I initially set it up, it will automatically switch between 16/9 and have the black bars on either side and 2.35/1 and fill the whole screen based on what content you are watching. You just have to set it up and lock in the adjustments.

As much as I like it, I think I may be selling it to upgrade to 4K.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Jet Flyer; Today at 01:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page