Optoma ZK507 4K HDR10 projector (MSRP $5500) - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #31 of 37 Old 10-22-2019, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthehat85 View Post

Right now for me it’️s a decision between the optoma zk750 and the Christie 4k7-hs. On paper they are nearly identical.
I'd take a closer look at both of them, physically, too [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

Don't forget, neither come with a lens so you have to include that in the cost, too.
Wait...are these the same projectors but rebranded? I just looked at the dimensions, they are identical. The controls layout is almost identical, looks like each company uses the same components but their own boards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 10-22-2019, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Send a message via Skype™ to Tuan
Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthehat85 View Post
Wait...are these the same projectors but rebranded? I just looked at the dimensions, they are identical. The controls layout is almost identical, looks like each company uses the same components but their own boards.
I cannot comment on the business dealings of Optoma's parent company.
post #33 of 37 Old 10-22-2019, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
Thank you for the information.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
One guy posted some pics of his setup. He said neighbors think he bought a big ass TV cause they can see it thru the exposed building side. But I think he has the LK990. I would love to see one of those in action in someones living room or patio.

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 Old 10-23-2019, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 98
The projector being discussed here is not the substitute of the UHZ65. The new one that also supports 3D blueray is the UHZ880+ or UHZ886. The 880 has the same declared brightness and CONTRAST as the UHZ65 and the 886 has an extra 400 lumens and a declared contrast of 2.500.000:1 compared to the 3.000.000:1 for the UHZ65 and 880+
If I am not mistaken, we should be introduced to the UHZ880+in time for Christmas (at least on this side of the pond).
645824 likes this.
post #35 of 37 Old 11-01-2019, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Screen View Post
There are always trade-offs. I gravitated to the UHZ65 because of its Laser Light engine and because there are few Lasers especially at the UHZ65's price point.

Our room will NOT be 100% light controlled. Although light will be controlled from windows, there is a stairway adjacent to the room from which, we can't really control ALL of the light seepage from the main floor above.

We plan on using the room/projector primarily (90%) for TV/streaming as opposed to Blu-rays. In this case, the absolute best resolution and contrast (for a given cost) are not the ultimate goals. Having a movie experience (as much as possible) for streaming (Netflix/Prime etc.) under less than ideal conditions, for several hours per day is our goal.

I'm disabled, so, I don't really want to fool with maintenance/troubleshooting. Or given how many hours and the content we plan to use the projector, I didn't want to be concerned with usage hours or light output decline over time. Thus, rightly or wrongly, I concluded for our purposes, a laser seemed more practical than bulbs and hence, the UHZ65. But I definitely welcome comments that contradict my conclusion, or may steer me in the direction of another projector (in or around the UHZ 65's price).

Thanks for that information. It precisely was what I was seeking!!

So as long as the UHZ65 (spec & quality wise) won't be quickly superseded by another Optoma or another Laser based projector, it appears that the UHZ65 may be my first, and given my "sell-by-date", probably my last projector.
Hello,

I own a UHZ65 so some input on streaming at least which is where I use this projector. Just bare in mind that at least with Apple TV 4K if you “match dynamic range” of the movies order to have HDR, there is a lot of clipping in the colors...
That is a bit sad.
If you don’t choose this option in Apple TV 4K settings then clipping is somehow ok but HDR then is not how it suppose to be (a bit degraded which with trained eye you can notice).

All above is with chroma 4:2:0. If you choose 4:2:2 things are getting worst...
post #36 of 37 Old 11-04-2019, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 262
I m one of the people that uses BenQ LK970 as a home theater projector , my main use 4k her movies tone mapped with HTPC madVR dtm and calibrated with lightspace 3DLUT.

the picture quality is amazing !! , I know the contrast isn't the best in this projector but I rarely find any scenes that are bad , I do have a jvs rs440 next to it and I use the BenQ for all my 4k watching and gaming cause its that good. I use the jvc mainly for SDR .

and u can get the BenQ refurbished very cheap if u look around.

hope that helps.

JVC DLA X590/RS440
BenQ LK970
post #37 of 37 Old 11-06-2019, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1070 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnaik4 View Post
I m one of the people that uses BenQ LK970 as a home theater projector , my main use 4k her movies tone mapped with HTPC madVR dtm and calibrated with lightspace 3DLUT.

the picture quality is amazing !! , I know the contrast isn't the best in this projector but I rarely find any scenes that are bad , I do have a jvs rs440 next to it and I use the BenQ for all my 4k watching and gaming cause its that good. I use the jvc mainly for SDR .

and u can get the BenQ refurbished very cheap if u look around.

hope that helps.
Just checking in, as I do from time to time.
I am a huge DLP fan and have always been fond of Benq projectors. Since 2012, I've been waiting for them to offer powered lens controls and lens memory in a 4K machine. It's a standard feature on JVC and Sony. I would settle for the inherent lack of DLP contrast if lens memory were available.
Has anyone heard of a 4K DLP machine with lens memory coming in 2020?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page