Filter cleaning interval for Epson Powerlite L610U (Laser, LCD)? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-05-2019, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Filter cleaning interval for Epson Powerlite L610U (Laser, LCD)?

I'm helping to shop for a pair of new projectors for our church. It will be mounted from the ceiling in a clean, indoor environment.

Getting up to it to service it is a problem, and the LCD in the current projector (traditional lamp) is dying, likely because its been neglected.

I understand that lasers have changed everything because they run so much cooler; Sony has the automatic cleaning and the NEC has done away with filters entirely on some of their laser projectors.

The manual for the Epson Powerlite L610U states:
You need to clean the projector's air filter in the following situations:
• The filter or vents get dusty.
• You see a message telling you to clean it.
• The projector's Filter light flashes orange.
Note: It is recommended that you clean the air filter every 20,000 hours. Clean it more often if the
projector is in a dusty environment.
The projector only gets used about 15 hours a week, which translates of a little over 25 years according to the manual.

Should I believe the manual? Is this really a "maintenance-free" projector that will hum along happily by itself for the next 20 years?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-06-2019, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Hi,

20.000h is the rated lifetime of the laser source, so, ideally, you would never have to care about replacing the filter. Usually, instruction manuals won't cut slack, so you can trust what's in there. If indeed there isn't much dust in the environment of use, I'd say you can check the filter in about 1 year or so. If then it looks fine, then just leave if unchecked a few more years.

4,3 x 2,8m semi-blacked out media room | 2010 MacMini > Pioneer VSX-520-K > JVC RS50 (X7) > 107", 1.1 gain, white screen | Planar PD7150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page