Wasted money? I1 display Pro to calibrate projecotr? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By tnaik4

post #1 of 7 Old 11-12-2019, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I just ordered a I1 display Pro to calibrate a future projector probably a Epson 6050. However as I considered my purchase I can't figure out how it could possibly be any use in calibrating a projector on a grey screen. If its sensor is grabbing the light from the projector and not the altered reflected light from the grey colored screen how can you calibrate the projector for your particular screen.

The calibration section mostly talks about emmisive display devices not projected ones. Is there a way to use i1 display pro to adjust the projector to project onto a grey screen accurately?

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.

Last edited by TimHuey; 11-12-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post
I just ordered a I1 display Pro to calibrate a future projector probably a Epson 6050. However as I considered my purchase I can't figure out how it could possibly be any use in calibrating a projector on a grey screen. If it sensor is grabbing the light from the projector and not the altered reflected light from the grey colored screen how can you calibrate the projector for your particular screen.

The calibration section mostly talks about emmisive display devices not projected ones. Is there a way to use i1 display pro to adjust the projector to project onto a grey screen accurately?
maybe i m missing something , but why cant you calibrate the image of the screen, that is how i do it with my C6 HDR 2000 meter .
Brian Hampton likes this.

JVC DLA X590/RS440
BenQ LK970
post #3 of 7 Old 11-12-2019, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnaik4 View Post
Quote:
I just ordered a I1 display Pro to calibrate a future projector probably a Epson 6050. However as I considered my purchase I can't figure out how it could possibly be any use in calibrating a projector on a grey screen. If it sensor is grabbing the light from the projector and not the altered reflected light from the grey colored screen how can you calibrate the projector for your particular screen.

maybe i m missing something , but why cant you calibrate the image of the screen, that is how i do it with my C6 HDR 2000 meter .
If the sensor is between the projector and screen, resting on the screen, how does the light reflect into the sensor from the screen?

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-12-2019, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 32
You need to place the sensor like 1-2 feet off the screen and just careful of not reading the meter's shadow

To be or NOT to be......YOU are WHO you ARE
post #5 of 7 Old 11-12-2019, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 649
Quote:
If the sensor is between the projector and screen, resting on the screen, how does the light reflect into the sensor from the screen?
I sent you a PM to help you
post #6 of 7 Old 11-12-2019, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyw View Post
You need to place the sensor like 1-2 feet off the screen and just careful of not reading the meter's shadow
Yeah I just saw a video on YouTube. They placed the sensor on a tripod pointing not at the projector but at the screen. Now it makes sense. I didn't know it could read from a distance.

post #7 of 7 Old 11-13-2019, 03:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
yes u dont rest it on the screen, put the meter facing the screen 2feet away and tilt it upwards a little so u dont hit the meter shadow.

JVC DLA X590/RS440
BenQ LK970
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page