JVC RS2000 4K HDMI 40FT Run - Need advice - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By markmon1

post #1 of 8 Old 12-02-2019, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 38
JVC RS2000 4K HDMI 40FT Run - Need advice

I am going to be taking delivery of my RS2000 in the next week or so and I am starting to question my HDMI Run. I currently have a high speed 40ft cable that is run to my 5040UB. I have never had any issues with it but obviously it is not a true 4k PJ.

I have been reading a few blips here and there that long run HDMI cables can fry your Receiver's HDMI board? Is there any truth to this? I have a Marantz SR6011 that I have been running this 40ft cable for 2+ yrs no issues on 1080P.

I do have some cat5e run from my closet to the PJ.

Should I try and see if the RS2000 will work with my 40ft cable or is there no chance?

Do I get HDMI over Ethernet Kit? Something else? How hard are these to install?

Looking for some advice as I am going to be excited to get the PJ up and running and I don't want to damage anything in the process.

Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basement Theater/Rec Build 2.0 - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...ng-advice.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-02-2019, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS13TDI View Post
I am going to be taking delivery of my RS2000 in the next week or so and I am starting to question my HDMI Run. I currently have a high speed 40ft cable that is run to my 5040UB. I have never had any issues with it but obviously it is not a true 4k PJ.

I have been reading a few blips here and there that long run HDMI cables can fry your Receiver's HDMI board? Is there any truth to this? I have a Marantz SR6011 that I have been running this 40ft cable for 2+ yrs no issues on 1080P.

Should I try and see if the RS2000 will work with my 40ft cable or is there no chance?

Looking for some advice as I am going to be excited to get the PJ up and running and I don't want to damage anything in the process.

Thank you!
First check if your current HDMI cable is rated at 18gbps. If, so try it with the new projector. I did a 60 ft. run from the back of the Marantz 8012 receiver to my RS1000. No problem with the image.

Projector: Benq HT5550 and JVC RS1000/NX5 || Screen: 150" Elite Screen 16:9 || Fronts: Martin Logan Impression 11A || Center: Martin Logan 50xt || Sub: 2x Polk PSW 505 || Surrounds: Martin Logan EM IW || Atmos: 4x Martin Logan EM IC || AVR: Marantz 8012 || Consoles: Xbox One S, PS4 ||HT Enhancements: Seats from 4seating.com w/Sound Shakers and risers.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-02-2019, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dferguso View Post
Quote:

Thank you!
First check if your current HDMI cable is rated at 18gbps. If, so try it with the new projector. I did a 60 ft. run from the back of the Marantz 8012 receiver to my RS1000. No problem with the image.
Looks like I am going to have trouble. This is the cable I have.

Supports Full HD, 4K, 3D, Deep Color and Lossless Audio Support, 26 AWG, Supports Audio Return Channel, RedMere Technology, CL3/FT4 Rated. Connect your high-resolution devices including 4K-capable televisions with the 40-long HiFi Commercial ProK HDMI Cable from Key-Digital. In addition to supporting popular formats like 3D and ARC it also supports 48-bit Deep Color and lossless audio plus bi-directional Ethernet channel connectivity when paired with similarly equipped devices.
Connector type: Standard HDMI
Length: 40 ft
Gauge: 26 AWG
Transfer speed: 3.9 GB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basement Theater/Rec Build 2.0 - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...ng-advice.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-03-2019, 05:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 315
I would suggest that there is no need for a separate thread for this question. Check out the JVC NX7 RS2000 forum for more information.
To avoid all kinds of issues I suggest a fiber optic cable. Many uses have had great success with the ones from Ruipro. These seem to work with no problems.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-03-2019, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post
I would suggest that there is no need for a separate thread for this question. Check out the JVC NX7 RS2000 forum for more information.
To avoid all kinds of issues I suggest a fiber optic cable. Many uses have had great success with the ones from Ruipro. These seem to work with no problems.
Thank you for the response. The RS2000 thread is a nightmare to read through.

The problem with adding a new cable is my basement is finished and I don’t have an easy way to fish the cable. That will be a last resort.

For the moment I may run a temporary cable but I am now curious what options I have with my cat5e runs?

post #6 of 8 Old 12-03-2019, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 5441 Post(s)
Liked: 3561
Quote:
Thank you for the response. The RS2000 thread is a nightmare to read through.

The problem with adding a new cable is my basement is finished and I don’t have an easy way to fish the cable. That will be a last resort.

For the moment I may run a temporary cable but I am now curious what options I have with my cat5e runs?
High speed HDMI that supports 4K is extremely finicky as it is. I wouldn't recommend adding more complexity by trying to make cat5e do the job. I'd get a fiber HDMI cable and run it. If you have a dark light controlled room, you can probably get away with running it along the baseboard as the room will be pitch black dark anyway.
rwestley likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-03-2019, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
High speed HDMI that supports 4K is extremely finicky as it is. I wouldn't recommend adding more complexity by trying to make cat5e do the job. I'd get a fiber HDMI cable and run it. If you have a dark light controlled room, you can probably get away with running it along the baseboard as the room will be pitch black dark anyway.
I took a look and was initially thinking maybe I could pull the cable via the cable that exists but it feels like the installers tacked the cables in the ceiling

I can get by with a temporary cable run outside the walls but the wife nor I will want that. Looking at my space I think it's probably doable for a pro to run the cable.

I measured and I think I can make the run with a 30ft cable too.

Would love to hear any other input from anyone regarding any options or things that have worked.

Do I need a fiber optic cable? I am concerned about it getting damaged if I run it in the ceiling.

post #8 of 8 Old 12-03-2019, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 12798 Post(s)
Liked: 10429
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
I took a look and was initially thinking maybe I could pull the cable via the cable that exists but it feels like the installers tacked the cables in the ceiling

I can get by with a temporary cable run outside the walls but the wife nor I will want that. Looking at my space I think it's probably doable for a pro to run the cable.

I measured and I think I can make the run with a 30ft cable too.

Would love to hear any other input from anyone regarding any options or things that have worked.

Do I need a fiber optic cable? I am concerned about it getting damaged if I run it in the ceiling.
At 30' you can use a premium certified cable. Much cheaper than fiber optic. Also not near as fragile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page