Amateur needs help.Have an RS 600–is it worth moving up? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By viperdrummer
  • 1 Post By zombie10k

post #1 of 2 Old 01-10-2020, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Amateur needs help.Have an RS 600–is it worth moving up?

I went from Sim 2 to JVC and never looked back. I have had an RS 600 3 years with zero complaints (thanks Mike G). I have a Super Bowl party coming up and wonder if it’s worth it to move to the 3000. We have Verizon Fios with no sign of moving to 4K . Asking the experts- would you stick with what I have, move up or wait? Thanks
Mike Garrett likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-10-2020, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5490 Post(s)
Liked: 5919
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdrummer View Post
I went from Sim 2 to JVC and never looked back. I have had an RS 600 3 years with zero complaints (thanks Mike G). I have a Super Bowl party coming up and wonder if it’s worth it to move to the 3000. We have Verizon Fios with no sign of moving to 4K . Asking the experts- would you stick with what I have, move up or wait? Thanks
Hi, if you are primarily using 1080P content, there isn't a lot to gain by that move. They are both similar in overall brightness when compared with a new lamp. They even use the same bulb between the 2 projectors.

You likely have another year or 2 warranty on the RS600 since they had a 5 year warranty. I would wait until the end of the year and see if they release a 2nd generation. There is evidence from a teardown on the new series they were designed with a future laser light source. Maybe brighter than the lamp versions which would be a great upgrade.

Spoiler!

I have 2 RS600's I use in different rooms. If you're interested in seeing what it's really capable of, consider picking up the inexpensive Panasonic UB420 and some A+ UHD titles. It can look amazing, there is a lot of potential left in that projector.
force10 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page