Projector performance for say... a Super Bowl party - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 52Likes

post #151 of 154 Old 02-12-2020, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1091 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminated67 View Post
Seriously mate if you can project on to the wall itself instead of going for a screen then have a chat with @MississippiMan as his screen paint by all accounts is amazing and will give you the whole deep blacks when watching at night in the dark and allow you to watch with some lights on like an ALR screen.

Cuffed that you are so happy with your 6050ub, I know as an owner I am a little bias but I reckon it’s a cracking all rounder.
The paint option is great and very budget friendly, but I think OP mentioned that with a screen over 120" AT fabric would be required. It up to him to decide how big the screen is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 154 Old 02-12-2020, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminated67 View Post
Seriously mate if you can project on to the wall itself instead of going for a screen then have a chat with @MississippiMan as his screen paint by all accounts is amazing and will give you the whole deep blacks when watching at night in the dark and allow you to watch with some lights on like an ALR screen.

Cuffed that you are so happy with your 6050ub, I know as an owner I am a little bias but I reckon it’s a cracking all rounder.
Thanks! Ill have to check out the paint option, thanks for the rec. And i learned a new word... cuffed

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
The paint option is great and very budget friendly, but I think OP mentioned that with a screen over 120" AT fabric would be required. It up to him to decide how big the screen is.
I did say that yes, but now im hoping to sneak in a 130"ish screen on the wall. So the paint is now a great idea! Need to research it now.
post #153 of 154 Old 02-12-2020, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 1091 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by purduesd View Post
Thanks! Ill have to check out the paint option, thanks for the rec. And i learned a new word... cuffed

I did say that yes, but now im hoping to sneak in a 130"ish screen on the wall. So the paint is now a great idea! Need to research it now.
There are several mixes, the one Luminated67 is referring to is a popular mix called Silver Fire. Although it has a thread of it's own, it's recommended you make a new thread here:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/110-diy-screen-section/
purduesd likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 154 Old 02-13-2020, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7134 Post(s)
Liked: 7175
Quote:
Originally Posted by purduesd View Post
Yes ! And I agree it's silly to look at pictures of a picture and hope to make a decision.
That is a understatement...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page