Projector performance for say... a Super Bowl party - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 52Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #151 of 154 Old 02-12-2020, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,036
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1091 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminated67 View Post
Seriously mate if you can project on to the wall itself instead of going for a screen then have a chat with @MississippiMan as his screen paint by all accounts is amazing and will give you the whole deep blacks when watching at night in the dark and allow you to watch with some lights on like an ALR screen.

Cuffed that you are so happy with your 6050ub, I know as an owner I am a little bias but I reckon it’s a cracking all rounder.
The paint option is great and very budget friendly, but I think OP mentioned that with a screen over 120" AT fabric would be required. It up to him to decide how big the screen is.
noob00224 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 154 Old 02-12-2020, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
purduesd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminated67 View Post
Seriously mate if you can project on to the wall itself instead of going for a screen then have a chat with @MississippiMan as his screen paint by all accounts is amazing and will give you the whole deep blacks when watching at night in the dark and allow you to watch with some lights on like an ALR screen.

Cuffed that you are so happy with your 6050ub, I know as an owner I am a little bias but I reckon it’s a cracking all rounder.
Thanks! Ill have to check out the paint option, thanks for the rec. And i learned a new word... cuffed

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
The paint option is great and very budget friendly, but I think OP mentioned that with a screen over 120" AT fabric would be required. It up to him to decide how big the screen is.
I did say that yes, but now im hoping to sneak in a 130"ish screen on the wall. So the paint is now a great idea! Need to research it now.
purduesd is offline  
post #153 of 154 Old 02-12-2020, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,036
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1091 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by purduesd View Post
Thanks! Ill have to check out the paint option, thanks for the rec. And i learned a new word... cuffed



I did say that yes, but now im hoping to sneak in a 130"ish screen on the wall. So the paint is now a great idea! Need to research it now.
There are several mixes, the one Luminated67 is referring to is a popular mix called Silver Fire. Although it has a thread of it's own, it's recommended you make a new thread here:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/110-diy-screen-section/
purduesd likes this.
noob00224 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #154 of 154 Old 02-13-2020, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 25,421
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7134 Post(s)
Liked: 7175
Quote:
Originally Posted by purduesd View Post
Yes ! And I agree it's silly to look at pictures of a picture and hope to make a decision.
That is a understatement...lol
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off