JVC NX7/RS2000 Factory Setup Questions - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-26-2020, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
JVC NX7/RS2000 Factory Setup Questions

Later this week I am expecting to receive the NX7 I ordered to replace my Epson Powerlite 6010 still in service. Once I get some hours on it I will be looking to get it calibrated by a pro like I did my Epson. In the meantime, I would like to use it for the Super Bowl with my 118" Carada 16:9 cinema white screen and Denon AVR-X4400H in my dedicated theater room. We are having a small group of friends over to watch the Super Bowl in the theater so if I make the PJ swap before the game I need to make sure I have a nice picture, the Epson still delivers a very nice picture but obviously not 4K nice. I have DirecTV and they will broadcast the game in 4K. Since I will be short on time for taking a deep dive on dialing in my setup before the game I have a couple of questions for now:

If it does not have the current firmware 3.10 I assume I should install that before messing with any other set ups, agree? Or might that lead to many additional setting changes that may be best to wait on until I have more time to spend dialing it in after the Super Bowl?

I will be ceiling mounting it and I am guessing the image will be projected as if it's shelf mounted out of the box so I will need to change that in a setup menu. Glancing quickly at the user manual online I don't see a listing for changing that but it must be relatively easy to find in the menus, I hope. I will also set it up for my screen size and type.

With this post I'm looking for input from users with respect to other settings that may need immediate attention to get a reasonable 4K picture from satellite broadcast rather quickly. Several reviews comment on how good the picture looks straight from the box before moving on to calibration. I have also read many pages in the official JVC thread and there is a lot of good detail in there for getting things dialed in but I hesitate to take on too much before the game as I may have only 1-2 days to tinker with it prior to game day.

Lastly, for now, if any of you are in Northern CA and can recommend a good ISF calibrator please let me know. I am located near Sacramento. I have used a great guy from the SF Bay Area but he is 125 miles away and can have difficulty getting out here although I would not hesitate to ask him back.

Thanks for any input you care to offer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-27-2020, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 7624 Post(s)
Liked: 9439
Quote:
Originally Posted by slplank View Post
Later this week I am expecting to receive the NX7 I ordered to replace my Epson Powerlite 6010 still in service. Once I get some hours on it I will be looking to get it calibrated by a pro like I did my Epson. In the meantime, I would like to use it for the Super Bowl with my 118" Carada 16:9 cinema white screen and Denon AVR-X4400H in my dedicated theater room. We are having a small group of friends over to watch the Super Bowl in the theater so if I make the PJ swap before the game I need to make sure I have a nice picture, the Epson still delivers a very nice picture but obviously not 4K nice. I have DirecTV and they will broadcast the game in 4K. Since I will be short on time for taking a deep dive on dialing in my setup before the game I have a couple of questions for now:

If it does not have the current firmware 3.10 I assume I should install that before messing with any other set ups, agree? Or might that lead to many additional setting changes that may be best to wait on until I have more time to spend dialing it in after the Super Bowl?

I will be ceiling mounting it and I am guessing the image will be projected as if it's shelf mounted out of the box so I will need to change that in a setup menu. Glancing quickly at the user manual online I don't see a listing for changing that but it must be relatively easy to find in the menus, I hope. I will also set it up for my screen size and type.

With this post I'm looking for input from users with respect to other settings that may need immediate attention to get a reasonable 4K picture from satellite broadcast rather quickly. Several reviews comment on how good the picture looks straight from the box before moving on to calibration. I have also read many pages in the official JVC thread and there is a lot of good detail in there for getting things dialed in but I hesitate to take on too much before the game as I may have only 1-2 days to tinker with it prior to game day.

Lastly, for now, if any of you are in Northern CA and can recommend a good ISF calibrator please let me know. I am located near Sacramento. I have used a great guy from the SF Bay Area but he is 125 miles away and can have difficulty getting out here although I would not hesitate to ask him back.

Thanks for any input you care to offer!
You should get on Kris Deering's list for his next trip to Norcal - https://www.deepdiveav.com/

I'm near Sacramento too. As far as settings, it should be pretty good out of the box. You will need to flip the image for ceiling mounting. That said, if you only have one day, you might wait until after Super Bowl so as to not stress out, or discover you need more time to get things dialed in.

Yes, no reason to not update the firmware if 3.10 is not on there.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-27-2020, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
Quoted: 13206 Post(s)
Liked: 10831
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Put the projector in natural mode and use the manual iris to set brightness and you should have a stunning picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page