Poll: How many RS540 owners are having issues with an overly aggressive DI - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: Does your RS540 Projector experience intermittent DI problems as referenced above?
Yes, I have this issue and it was resolved after a hardware repair 0 0%
Yes, I have this issue but have been unable to resolve it 2 50.00%
No, my RS540 does not experience this issue 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-12-2020, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Poll: How many RS540 owners are having issues with an overly aggressive DI

This issue has been talked up quite a bit in the owner’s thread, but I’m wondering if we can get some (slightly) more scientific numbers on this problem.

Please read carefully before voting:

The issue referenced here is specific. For JVC RS540 owners, when watching content, the DI intermittently becomes very distracting, often shifting brightness out of sync with content for multiple scenes or sequences in a row. The reproduction steps aren’t clear, but the issue is more likely to occur after the projector has been running with the DI active for 30+ minutes.

Moreover, it’s NOT content specific (I.e. you’ve played a clip that exhibits the issue, then at another time replayed the clip with the same settings and not observed any unusual DI behavior).

Thanks for anyone who participates; this is helpful info to those of us trying to root out if this affects all units (i.e. a design flaw or software bug) or if it’s a hardware defect that’s only applicable to certain units.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-12-2020, 06:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Liked: 561
It's a bit aggressive, but I don't use it. Chadb calibrated without it and the results work very well for me.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page