2Likes
  • 2 Post By markmon1

post #1 of 3 Old 02-14-2020, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help Needed with JVC Contact

Hi, I need some help, I have JVC X9000 projector that is just under 4 yrs and it has developed the following fault:
Out of the 4 installation modes, the projector works OK on the 2 upright modes, and exhibits the fault on both the inverted positions (Installation setting)
This needs the main PCB board & DD PCB, X9000 replaced Part numbers
XD1-0155-50 & XD1-0175-50 at a cost of just under $1800 AUD.

I consider this a major failure. I have emailed customer service/Support here Australia last Monday and informed them about the failure and would they consider this an acceptable failure for such a high value product and would they consider and 'Gesture of Goodwill' repair through the JVC repair centre they recommended I use when I first contacted them ab out the fault.

To-date I haven't received a response not even an acknowledgment of the receiving the email. This isn't unusual for Australian based companies. That said I would like to try escalate this within JVC.

This is reason for posting here to gauge whether I'm being unreasonable or not and if anyone here has another contact email address for JVC as it seem a pointless trying again through the JVC Australian Support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-14-2020, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.laver View Post
Hi, I need some help, I have JVC X9000 projector that is just under 4 yrs and it has developed the following fault:
Out of the 4 installation modes, the projector works OK on the 2 upright modes, and exhibits the fault on both the inverted positions (Installation setting)
I can't speak to what they will do for you. I assume your warranty was only 3 years for that? Did you happen to purchase with a credit card that extends your warranty? Here in the US some cards offer that service. My AmEx adds 1 year and Citi card adds 2 years.

Is your projector actually inverted when it is failing for you or are you just cycling the modes and it fails in that mode regardless of physical orientation? I ask only because my first projector, from years ago, had the same fault but it was the bulb starting to fail. It would operate upright but fail when inverted.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-14-2020, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 5841 Post(s)
Liked: 3915
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.laver View Post

I consider this a major failure. I have emailed customer service/Support here Australia last Monday and informed them about the failure and would they consider this an acceptable failure for such a high value product and would they consider and 'Gesture of Goodwill' repair through the JVC repair centre they recommended I use when I first contacted them ab out the fault.

To-date I haven't received a response not even an acknowledgment of the receiving the email. This isn't unusual for Australian based companies. That said I would like to try escalate this within JVC.

This is reason for posting here to gauge whether I'm being unreasonable or not and if anyone here has another contact email address for JVC as it seem a pointless trying again through the JVC Australian Support.
How have you determined that you need a new board from just this? I think it's a far jump from seeing these symptoms to knowing which part you need unless you've done a lot of deep dive troubleshooting that you didn't list here. Personally, I think it is unreasonable to expect JVC to replace (for free) a part for a projector after the warranty period. For one thing, its unlikely they even have these parts any longer. Part of the reason warranties are limited is so that companies can move forward and not stockpile every part they ever made forever etc.

I think if this were my projector, I'd find a way to use it in a way that it works. For example, if it works right-side-up only, I'd make my ceiling mount right side up and be done. (See my avatar picture).
rossandwendy and Mike Garrett like this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, Infinite Baffle Subs 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 2x12 fi audio mounted in main chair firing into back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page