I'll just go and buy a TV, honestly... - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 31Likes

post #181 of 189 Old 04-25-2020, 03:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 289 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14017 Post(s)
Liked: 11687
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitus4K View Post
The problem really is my GREEN, it's 2-3 pixels off horizontally to the LEFT, nothing wrong with the vertical axis.

Since it's fixed, it'll never really match up with the white lines, it's insanely visible on sharpness patterns and text in general.

To minimize the effects and drawbacks of this I need to adjust RED and BLUE to meet the GREEN, but then again nothing really lines up with the white pattern.

Kinda confusing.
You are not understanding what I am saying. You move red and blue to match the green. If you get red and blue to match the green, you have perfect white lines. Green is the target you match to. If all three moved, you would not have a target to hit.

Added
As many complaints as you have, perhaps you should just buy a TV, because all you are doing is looking for problems.

Last edited by Mike Garrett; 04-25-2020 at 03:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 189 Old 04-25-2020, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
You are not understanding what I am saying. You move red and blue to match the green. If you get red and blue to match the green, you have perfect white lines. Green is the target you match to. If all three moved, you would not have a target to hit.
Thanks for the clarification.

How much would the green be allowed to differentiate from the white pattern without having to call the unit defect?

Is there such a thing as a defective unit, or bad convergence?

What would be an example of one?
post #183 of 189 Old 04-25-2020, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 289 Post(s)
Quoted: 14017 Post(s)
Liked: 11687
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:

How much would the green be allowed to differentiate from the white pattern without having to call the unit defect?

Just return the projector and buy a TV.

Added
You do know that you should be viewing convergence from your seat, not at the screen. If it appears white and sharp from your seat, then adjusting anything is not going to improve your image.
ivanhoek likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 189 Old 04-25-2020, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 532 Post(s)
Quoted: 7222 Post(s)
Liked: 6908
Quote:

Here are some photos of a machine I returned. My issue was that convergence was out in a non-uniform way. There are also screenshots there of the convergence pattern with eshift OFF.

By the way, adjust, and assess your convergence with Eshift OFF only. If its on, it will be very difficult to see what's really going on with the panel.

Also, I wonder if the green line you are seeing is the Low Latency bug I discovered, which is linked to CMD actually. Toggle Low Latency ON and see if the green line goes away.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post54903834

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post55115602

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #185 of 189 Old 04-25-2020, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
Here are some photos of a machine I returned. My issue was that convergence was out in a non-uniform way. There are also screenshots there of the convergence pattern with eshift OFF.

By the way, adjust, and assess your convergence with Eshift OFF only. If its on, it will be very difficult to see what's really going on with the panel.

Also, I wonder if the green line you are seeing is the Low Latency bug I discovered, which is linked to CMD actually. Toggle Low Latency ON and see if the green line goes away.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post54903834

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post55115602

Looks very much like so, Javs.

But my green is not on the right hand side as yours, mine is on the left hand side.

It looks terrible, there's a green outline to everything on screen, sharpness patterns are really horrible to look at.

You mean just enabling Low Latency Mode will fix it?

Enabling it won't affect 24hz performance?
post #186 of 189 Old 04-25-2020, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

My firmware says 12.1.
post #187 of 189 Old 04-25-2020, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 532 Post(s)
Quoted: 7222 Post(s)
Liked: 6908
Quote:
Looks very much like so, Javs.

But my green is not on the right hand side as yours, mine is on the left hand side.

It looks terrible, there's a green outline to everything on screen, sharpness patterns are really horrible to look at.

You mean just enabling Low Latency Mode will fix it?

Enabling it won't affect 24hz performance?
Low latency does not affect the image as much as it does on the JVC that I have, the one before it.

CMD affects the image more than Low Latency does, but you have to study images HARD to see any affects and even then you have to be looking at photos of your screen to make out the difference.

I would enable Low Latency (which forces the CMD bug OFF) and see if there is improvement.

I also have the CMD bug on my X9500 which appears to the left on text in the menu and cycling CMD on and off solves it in my case, though its rare to pop up. Not many people know that even that model is affected.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #188 of 189 Old 04-25-2020, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
Low latency does not affect the image as much as it does on the JVC that I have, the one before it.

CMD affects the image more than Low Latency does, but you have to study images HARD to see any affects and even then you have to be looking at photos of your screen to make out the difference.

I would enable Low Latency (which forces the CMD bug OFF) and see if there is improvement.

I also have the CMD bug on my X9500 which appears to the left on text in the menu and cycling CMD on and off solves it in my case, though its rare to pop up. Not many people know that even that model is affected.
Right, I'll come back after testing, loads of cheers!
post #189 of 189 Old 04-26-2020, 03:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 6799 Post(s)
Liked: 4914
Quote:
How did I go about noticing this?

Well, when my room is being as dark as possible, I chose to project a black background and not blue (JVC menus), and the 'black' is like, a couple percent gray.

If I stand in front of the projector, blocking the light onto the wall, my shadow from my body is much darker and more black then the 'black' coming out of the JVC.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have no HDMI devices connected to it, just shooting the JVC menus onto my wall.
Yes, this is not a good test. The auto iris will not react to the black background of the JVC. It needs an input signal for that. If you feed it a signal and send it a black screen and make sure that the iris is set to auto 1 then you'll get a far deeper black than your test above. Even then it's not the best test. If you sit in a totally black room, your eyes start to adjust. Instead, try playing something like interstellar and scan to 53:30 into the movie for the star field.

JVC Control - my software for controlling JVC projector via IP control.
Smart Masking - See my automatic smart screen masking system.
JVC IR Codes - free online pronto code converter for JVC IR codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page