Projector Screenshot Eye Candy Thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2204Likes

post #901 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 09:36 AM
WTS
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archibald1 View Post
Just a matt white electric screen. Nowt special (as far as I know). I got it as a 'last in warehouse' deal many years ago.

Same screen as for my 760 shots.
Really, Maybe you could increase the WOW factor of your viewing pleasure with a high end screen like the ST130G4 or similar and that would only be a fraction of the cost that you paid for your big Sony, lol.

Walter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Liked: 1992
Here is a shot of the optical block during my repair. The panel at the top is the one I replaced.

Luckily you can operate the PJ whilst it is in pieces if you know what to do (carefully) and have someone else up next to the screen whilst you line up the panel with the others.

Tiny tiny movements can be the difference between spot on and WAAAAY out of alignment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7801.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	2750670  

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up." Stephen Hawking.
"Be water my friend." Bruce Lee.

Last edited by Archibald1; 06-29-2020 at 09:53 AM.
post #903 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTS View Post
Really, Maybe you could increase the WOW factor of your viewing pleasure with a high end screen like the ST130G4 or similar and that would only be a fraction of the cost that you paid for your big Sony, lol.
Ha, well, that is as maybe, but I wouldn't get it past the Mrs (or myself for that matter) as we both see no reason to change it. The pictures on it are superb.

The screen is worth a few 000, but I didn't pay anything like that. I got really lucky with it and have used it for my 50/90/550 and 760.

We certainly don't need any more brightness either.
covsound1 likes this.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up." Stephen Hawking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #904 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 10:31 AM
WTS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ha, well, that is as maybe, but I wouldn't get it past the Mrs (or myself for that matter) as we both see no reason to change it. The pictures on it are superb.

The screen is worth a few 000, but I didn't pay anything like that. I got really lucky with it and have used it for my 50/90/550 and 760.

We certainly don't need any more brightness either.
LOL, yes the wife factor. Hey if you're happy with it then that's what counts and your pics look great anyway.
Archibald1 likes this.

Walter
post #905 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 12:00 PM
WTS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Here is a shot of the optical block during my repair. The panel at the top is the one I replaced.

Luckily you can operate the PJ whilst it is in pieces if you know what to do (carefully) and have someone else up next to the screen whilst you line up the panel with the others.

Tiny tiny movements can be the difference between spot on and WAAAAY out of alignment.
cool, hopefully I won't ever have to replace a panel. But didn't you say you had something like 60K hours on that proj. Where did you manage to get a panel from, Sony? How much was the panel.

So I ended up getting a Sony lamp from Mike here at the AVS store, yes a little more money but I know it's a real Sony part. And that comes with a free filter too.

Walter
post #906 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:

In this world you have 2 types of people singers and dancers. There is nothing more I love when either a man or woman gets in there and does it with their hands! With the lamp base Sony projectors green primaries were always dominant compared to other commercial and high in projectors. Maybe this quality was one of the reason's of a more film like appearance. But because of this you really had to know what you were doing when it came to dailing in the picture. Reference movie like Apocalypto would really excel with all the earth colors.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Archibald1 likes this.
post #907 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 01:49 PM

I just love Salma Hayek. Please forgive me as I could not get any quality shots just pointed and shot.

nucky, Archibald1 and Luminated67 like this.
post #908 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
cool, hopefully I won't ever have to replace a panel. But didn't you say you had something like 60K hours on that proj. Where did you manage to get a panel from, Sony? How much was the panel.

So I ended up getting a Sony lamp from Mike here at the AVS store, yes a little more money but I know it's a real Sony part. And that comes with a free filter too.
It is always the blue panel (I say 'blue', but all are identical and it is the filters etc that determine the colour) that suffers, due to UV light slowly destroying the panel.

Not 60k hours () just over 12k in total. Got the panel from eBay and it was surprisingly good value at around $80.
The projector I got for absolute peanuts and the panel was cheap enough that if it all went wrong I would put it down to the cost of the education.

Image went from extremely green, to back to normal.
covsound1 likes this.

post #909 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Cool.

If you are prepared to pay the cost, it is the best way to get the proper item.

post #910 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by covsound1 View Post
I just love Salma Hayek. Please forgive me as I could not get any quality shots just pointed and shot.
Great film! Don't remember that scene though......uuuuhHUM.....
covsound1 likes this.

post #911 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 831 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminated67 View Post
Watched Ghost in the Shell for the first time.... man that’s a visual feast for the eyes on the big screen, especially since it’s 16:9.

This movie in 3D is amazing..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
post #912 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebetancourt View Post

Very nice.
Those dark shots are hard to capture.

post #913 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 02:44 PM
WTS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It is always the blue panel (I say 'blue', but all are identical and it is the filters etc that determine the colour) that suffers, due to UV light slowly destroying the panel.

Not 60k hours () just over 12k in total. Got the panel from eBay and it was surprisingly good value at around $80.
The projector I got for absolute peanuts and the panel was cheap enough that if it all went wrong I would put it down to the cost of the education.

Image went from extremely green, to back to normal.
Lol, yeah after I sent that I said no way it was 60K, still 12k is huge and if that was the only problem then you did good, lol.

Yeah I didn't want take a chance on the lamp and have it fail an early death because it was some 2nd knock off of a Philips lamp, but who knows, yours works fine, for now.

Walter
post #914 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Lol, yeah after I sent that I said no way it was 60K, still 12k is huge and if that was the only problem then you did good, lol.

Yeah I didn't want take a chance on the lamp and have it fail an early death because it was some 2nd knock off of a Philips lamp, but who knows, yours works fine, for now.
I bought the PJ as a scrapper essentially and then I saw the panels for sale and thought, sod it, I will give it a go as the internal layout is very similar to even the new machines. I could swallow the cost of the panel if it all went Pete Tong.

As for my lamp, it is a genuine Philips (the build and appearance of the reflector etc is identical and all the print on it is as clear and crisp as the original bulb) and once in the housing is performing excellently.

I completely understand you thoughts on buying your lamp, I wouldn't have compromised in any way if I had been buying for a 'from new' full price unit.

In my case I was patient and got a good deal that didn't cost many times what the PJ cost.
covsound1 likes this.

post #915 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebetancourt View Post

Funny i had to double check looks just like Luminated67 wonderful pictures! I must admit the pictures caused me not to read the sub text.
post #916 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 10:37 PM

I wish they would remaster this movie. I paid attention this time dark setting but lots of color.

Psylocke, nucky, Aztar35 and 3 others like this.
post #917 of 1155 Old 06-29-2020, 11:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1257 Post(s)
Liked: 1070
^Thats the movie From Dusk till Dawn..... right?
covsound1 likes this.

Epson EH-TW9400 - QualGear Fixed Frame 100” - Sony x700 BRP & Panasonic 420 BRP - Sony 1080 AVR - IPL Acoustics M1TLs & IPL Acoustics AVC Pro Centre, Four KEF surrounds & 2 Sub boxes (10” Sub + 10” Passive Radiator)

Movie Image collection
post #918 of 1155 Old 06-30-2020, 12:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1531 Post(s)
Liked: 813
Lawrence of Arabia 4K HDR from the Columbia Classics box set:

more to come.

This is an amazing transfer...Truly.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMGP3365.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	2751046  
post #919 of 1155 Old 06-30-2020, 01:28 AM

Quote:
^Thats the movie From Dusk till Dawn..... right?
Yes that is it. The first i took with day light in the room. The second set total darkness.
Archibald1 and Luminated67 like this.
post #920 of 1155 Old 06-30-2020, 06:35 AM
WTS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I bought the PJ as a scrapper essentially and then I saw the panels for sale and thought, sod it, I will give it a go as the internal layout is very similar to even the new machines. I could swallow the cost of the panel if it all went Pete Tong.

As for my lamp, it is a genuine Philips (the build and appearance of the reflector etc is identical and all the print on it is as clear and crisp as the original bulb) and once in the housing is performing excellently.

I completely understand you thoughts on buying your lamp, I wouldn't have compromised in any way if I had been buying for a 'from new' full price unit.

In my case I was patient and got a good deal that didn't cost many times what the PJ cost.
Sounds like you did real good on that projector purchase. For $80 was the panel new?
I'm curious about the bulb you bought, what is the Philips part# on it and does it say "Made In China" on it, the ones I see on Ebay from the guy you linked to say China on them. I suppose it's possible these days that Philips has a plant in China but I don't trust that to be the truth. And we all know what Chinese knock-offs are like, lol.

Walter
post #921 of 1155 Old 06-30-2020, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sounds like you did real good on that projector purchase. For $80 was the panel new?
I'm curious about the bulb you bought, what is the Philips part# on it and does it say "Made In China" on it, the ones I see on Ebay from the guy you linked to say China on them. I suppose it's possible these days that Philips has a plant in China but I don't trust that to be the truth. And we all know what Chinese knock-offs are like, lol.
Yup a brand new panel.

I will be willing to wager that the bulb you receive from AVS will be 'made in China' too.

I have seen many Sony original lamps (Sony branded housings and packaging) and I personally haven't seen one that says 'made in Belgium' since about 2010.

All the latest Sony PJs are currently made in China too.

post #922 of 1155 Old 06-30-2020, 09:25 AM
WTS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yup a brand new panel.

I will be willing to wager that the bulb you receive from AVS will be 'made in China' too.

I have seen many Sony original lamps (Sony branded housings and packaging) and I personally haven't seen one that says 'made in Belgium' since about 2010.

All the latest Sony PJs are currently made in China too.
Yeah you may well be correct there, I'll let you know when I receive it and I'll check the one I pull out(when I pull it).

Walter
post #923 of 1155 Old 06-30-2020, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah you may well be correct there, I'll let you know when I receive it and I'll check the one I pull out(when I pull it).
Cool.

post #924 of 1155 Old 06-30-2020, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Moon - Brilliantly acted and an intelligent plot

Apologises for not great images, there isn’t much action and the outside scenes were tricky to get right.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E191FEF6-21D0-4198-8DEA-B163170F7DBD.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	2751232   Click image for larger version

Name:	A5F9E1A3-A99E-467E-9A1C-3F373764E841.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	2751234   Click image for larger version

Name:	5D77D5AE-A2DD-4A9A-BA15-E79FABA7743F.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	2751236   Click image for larger version

Name:	80A5E77D-F572-4735-8D9E-F47233EBBB83.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	2751238   Click image for larger version

Name:	A9393588-67F6-467C-93C3-AB0AC254877F.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	2751240  

Name:	BF2D8169-C403-4AA5-B196-039D59BF4B9F.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	2751242   Click image for larger version

Name:	29D2892C-9961-470C-9066-91194BF693EA.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	2751244  

Epson EH-TW9400 - QualGear Fixed Frame 100” - Sony x700 BRP & Panasonic 420 BRP - Sony 1080 AVR - IPL Acoustics M1TLs & IPL Acoustics AVC Pro Centre, Four KEF surrounds & 2 Sub boxes (10” Sub + 10” Passive Radiator)

Movie Image collection
post #925 of 1155 Old 06-30-2020, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7C8712B3-2C9F-4855-B068-8076A3B3E8A2.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	2751256   Click image for larger version

Name:	867C2343-3525-4B3E-AC54-71D2375FA7BA.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	2751258   Click image for larger version

Name:	214E499C-8124-41A6-863D-413BCB9B7BB8.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	2751260   Click image for larger version

Name:	691A3BE8-491F-4062-8009-6723486B0060.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	2751262   Click image for larger version

Name:	EA88FBD9-C0DF-45E4-9BE2-A5EB53B7383B.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	2751264  

Name:	951F134D-5E1B-48AE-AEBA-48E86CEF8F03.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	2751266   Click image for larger version

Name:	D613CC3F-75B4-4456-A6CD-511664324EA8.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	2751268  
covsound1, nucky, DunMunro and 1 others like this.

Movie Image collection
post #926 of 1155 Old 06-30-2020, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Moon - Brilliantly acted and an intelligent plot

Apologises for not great images, there isn’t much action and the outside scenes were tricky to get right.
One of the wife's favourites there.
Luminated67 likes this.

post #927 of 1155 Old 06-30-2020, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
After 'Moon' you need something a bit low brow and actiony. Good choice.

I love those exo-suits and their redhead colleague is quite 'nice' too.
Luminated67 likes this.

post #928 of 1155 Old 06-30-2020, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
One of the wife's favourites there.
Never seen it before so didn’t know what to expect or the plot, for a movie with little action it actually gripped my attention.

Quote:
After 'Moon' you need something a bit low brow and actiony. Good choice.

I love those exo-suits and their redhead colleague is quite 'nice' too.
Surprisingly good quality, definitely loads of action and explosions, oh and sexy female co-stars.
Archibald1 likes this.

Movie Image collection
post #929 of 1155 Old 06-30-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Never seen it before so didn’t know what to expect or the plot, for a movie with little action it actually gripped my attention.

Surprisingly good quality, definitely loads of action and explosions, oh and sexy female co-stars.
Wow imagine waking up and finding out you just a mechanical human part. I believe this movie was produced by Blum studios? They produced 3 or 4 more movies with controversial plots.

Luminated67 likes this.
post #930 of 1155 Old 06-30-2020, 03:06 PM
WTS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Cool.
Speaking of new lamps, was there ever a consensus on how to break in a new lamp. ie run on high for X hours. I always ran my lamp in low since the day I got it and never had any problems until over 2000hrs(a little flickering). I just switched it to high and it's running fine on high, but it was a B stock and I don't recall if it had any hours showing when I got, well maybe 1hour check time. But then Sony could have reset the timer after they serviced it for the B stock pile.

Walter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page