• 1 Post By Craig Peer

post #1 of 4 Old 05-22-2020, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 19
JVC N7 total darkness

Hi all.

Coming from CRT I expect total darkness when the image shown is suppose to be pitch dark. How will that look on your N7 with blacked out windows, black floors and ceiling + walls?

Even a CRT can't show total darkness like in the beginning of CARS, at least when you want a bit of lightness too. I go with the darkness that will leave me blind for some 4-6 seconds or so before I begin to se my hand again. Have you tried it on your CARS movie?

When will JVC release the N7 successor? 2020 or 2021?

Thanks in advance from Sweden.

Last edited by thewolfman; 05-22-2020 at 09:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-22-2020, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Quoted: 7948 Post(s)
Liked: 10317
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolfman View Post
Hi all.

Coming from CRT I expect total darkness when the image shown is suppose to be pitch dark. How will that look on your N7 with blacked out windows, black floors and ceiling + walls?

Even a CRT can't show total darkness like in the beginning of CARS, at least when you want a bit of lightness too. I go with the darkness that will leave me blind for some 4-6 seconds or so before I begin to se my hand again. Have you tried it on your CARS movie?

No one knows, but my bet is 2021.
Archibald1 likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old Yesterday, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Hi all.

I don't have experience from the latest native 4K series, but I am using the last eshift series unit RS500 that is supposed to have sligthly better black levels. I get few seconds of full black from this until my eyes adjust, and it is more than enough for example the Cars beginning. Awesome effect. I sure hope that the N7 would give the same feeling too.

JVC DLA-RS500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old Yesterday, 04:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quoted: 6536 Post(s)
Liked: 4683
Quote:
Hi all.

Nah the only projector that will actually be black on that scene is the RS4500. The RS640 will do better than the N7 on that scene. The N7 does ok and far better than other brands, but it's not going to be that dark if you stare at a black screen for a few seconds. JVC really raised their black floor on this recent lot for some reason. It's still the best you can get for a 4K projector, but not like it was.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" ST130 G4 screen in batcave, htpc nvidia 1080ti madVR.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, Infinite Baffle Subs 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 2x12 fi audio mounted in main chair firing into back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page