Optoma HD81 1080p DLP official discussion - Page 162 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #4831 of 4835 Old 06-21-2019, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sorry for reviving an old thread on an ancient projector.

My HD81 was working perfectly until yesterday. The VXP control unit will not power up at all. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4832 of 4835 Old 06-21-2019, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Is your control unit's red standby light on and won't turn on (to blue)?

Do you have a standby light on the projector unit itself?

Or is the control unit completely dead-dead even after unplugging and re-plugging a couple times?

Alan
post #4833 of 4835 Old 07-04-2019, 12:53 PM

Hi guys, I was wondering has anyone figured out how to access the projector menu without the av box? I just got my hands on this but it only came with the projector it self. I did open it up and used the internal power switch to turn it on and it's running fine just trying to figure out if anyone had any luck getting into the menu. Is there a way to use the service port to maybe configure the settings? Any help will be great. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4834 of 4835 Old 07-04-2019, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I’m pretty sure you can fully control the projector including bringing the menus up by using the RS-232 Serial Port. Normally this serial cable comes from the scalar unit which also has both serial input & output ports that just pass through serial commands.

You would hook a computer to the serial port using a null-modem serial cable. Then open a Terminal program on the computer and issue the appropriate serial commands....Two problems though, most modern computers don’t have a serial port. This is easily remedied with an inexpensive USB-Serial Port dongle. Null-modem serial cables are also very inexpensive.

The second problem is finding what the various serial port control commands are. These are usually used by pro-installers in a whole integrated theater control system like Crestron... You might be able to find these commands on the internet or more likely, direct from Optima customer service....

Good luck,
Alan
post #4835 of 4835 Old 07-04-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzullig View Post
I’m pretty sure you can fully control the projector including bringing the menus up by using the RS-232 Serial Port. Normally this serial cable comes from the scalar unit which also has both serial input & output ports that just pass through serial commands.

You would hook a computer to the serial port using a null-modem serial cable. Then open a Terminal program on the computer and issue the appropriate serial commands....Two problems though, most modern computers don’t have a serial port. This is easily remedied with an inexpensive USB-Serial Port dongle. Null-modem serial cables are also very inexpensive.

The second problem is finding what the various serial port control commands are. These are usually used by pro-installers in a whole integrated theater control system like Crestron... You might be able to find these commands on the internet or more likely, direct from Optima customer service....

Good luck,
Alan
Thanks for the help. I will look into getting the serial cable. I got few old pc's laying around so serial port wont be a issue.
I did come across few websites that have the codes but I'm not too sure if they're specifically made for a certain model or optoma uses them for all of their projectors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma , Vivitek D950hd 3000 Lumen 1080p Office And Home Theater Projector , Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page