JVC DLA-RS1 Owner's Thread - Page 305 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 58Likes

post #9121 of 9124 Old 07-15-2019, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by marswill View Post
I've been thinking of upgrading my RS1 for some time. I bought the RS1 in July of 2007 so I've had it for 12 years and I've gone through many bulbs. Other than bulbs, the RS1 has been a very reliable projector. Anyway when the RS4500 came out I found it to be big, heavy and expensive so I proceeded to wait for a new JVC native 4K solution to arrive. Well, last week I swapped my RS1 for a RS3000. Wow, what a difference. Everything is better. Sharper image, much brighter, much better black levels, better contrast and more vivid colors. Makes me wonder why I waited so long. I was able to unsnap the RS1 from my Chief ceiling mount and snap the RS3000 onto the same mount. I did have to run new cables (HDMI, Ethernet, and Trigger) in order to handle the greater bandwidth and new features. At this time I couldn't be happier. The other major components in the system are the original retractable Stewart Firehawk 100" screen, a Denon AVR-X7200WA receiver and a new Panasonic DP-UB8200 Ultra Blu-ray 4K disc player. I also have the original high end NHT speakers supporting a full 7.2 channels.
Wow... can't imagine that performance jump. I went fron an RS20 to an RS500 and didn't tell my wife. First movie, opening credits... "Wow... that's a really great picture!" She saw the difference right away without even knowing the projector had been changed out.
krholmberg likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9122 of 9124 Old 07-17-2019, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
I've been thinking of upgrading my RS1 for some time. I bought the RS1 in July of 2007 so I've had it for 12 years and I've gone through many bulbs. Other than bulbs, the RS1 has been a very reliable projector. Anyway when the RS4500 came out I found it to be big, heavy and expensive so I proceeded to wait for a new JVC native 4K solution to arrive. Well, last week I swapped my RS1 for a RS3000. Wow, what a difference. Everything is better. Sharper image, much brighter, much better black levels, better contrast and more vivid colors. Makes me wonder why I waited so long. I was able to unsnap the RS1 from my Chief ceiling mount and snap the RS3000 onto the same mount. I did have to run new cables (HDMI, Ethernet, and Trigger) in order to handle the greater bandwidth and new features. At this time I couldn't be happier. The other major components in the system are the original retractable Stewart Firehawk 100" screen, a Denon AVR-X7200WA receiver and a new Panasonic DP-UB8200 Ultra Blu-ray 4K disc player. I also have the original high end NHT speakers supporting a full 7.2 channels.
Thanks for this! I also have an RS1 and am considering upgrading.

One quick question: How would you compare the fan noise of the RS1 and the RS3000?
post #9123 of 9124 Old 07-17-2019, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
The JVC RS1 and the RS3000 have almost the same noise level in low lamp mode. In my current installation, using a ceiling mount, I don't really hear any difference and neither one is obvious. I'm attaching a document I did that compares the specifications of several JVC Projectors.
Thanks, marswill, for the reply. And for the comparison PDF! I will be making use of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9124 of 9124 Old 07-17-2019, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penman View Post
Thanks for this! I also have an RS1 and am considering upgrading.

One quick question: How would you compare the fan noise of the RS1 and the RS3000?
The JVC RS1 and the RS3000 have almost the same noise level in low lamp mode. In my current installation, using a ceiling mount, I don't really hear any difference and neither one is obvious. I'm attaching a document I did that compares the specifications of several JVC Projectors.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Projector Compare.pdf (124.9 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs1 Projector , w1070

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page