BenQ W 5000 little Test - Page 174 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #5191 of 5193 Old 12-01-2019, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
My main point (perhaps lost in my ramblings), is that the early LCOS or JVC's did indeed have less pop/sharpness in comparison to DLP's. But JVC's have improved on that in every new model, to the point that now the new 4K ones have immense pop/sharpness (some of the best lenses)--they would certainly blow away my Mits DLP in that dept. It seems to come to the point that the new JVC's in comparison to a new top line DLP (of the same cost), the pop/sharpness isn't really the talking point anymore. A certain top DLP might have a slight advantage while a different top DLP might even have slightly less pop/sharpness (due to a lesser lens).
Thanks for the feedback. This seems to be the common sentiment here at AVS...
In rebuttal, I would say that there is at least one other AVSer who chooses his Sharp Z30K over his high end JVC. Zombie 10K has a "quiver" of front projectors an has a massive PJ comparison thread in the >$3K Forum. The last time I checked, Jason was still using his DLP for day to day content and saved his JVC for darker movies.
In any case, I can't see spending $5K+ on a 4K machine until there is more content and the requirement parameters stabilize. In a few years, prices will drop and they will get the bugs out of the HDMI and assorted HDR codecs. Perhaps by then TI and Benq will have stepped into the fray and offer a more competent/complete 4K DLP. We can only hope
Or, by that time, they will have 100" roll down OLED screens and front projectors will go the way of HD-DVDs....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5192 of 5193 Old 12-01-2019, 11:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
In any case, I can't see spending $5K+ on a 4K machine until there is more content and the requirement parameters stabilize. In a few years, prices will drop and they will get the bugs out of the HDMI and assorted HDR codecs.
I agree.
post #5193 of 5193 Old 12-03-2019, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasst View Post
I bet there are a lot of us long term W5000 owners still running it to this day BL. Many of us bought it back in the same time frame as mine is also over 11 years old, and have not been able to pull the trigger on anything new in PJ land. I have LG OLED sets I have added, and maybe someday we will get an Oled display that is at least 100" and can afford it Its fun to see this thread still chugging along from time to time, brings back great memories as that is when HD DVD and BD were happening at the same time.
I'm glad to hear there are others with W5K still around and machines keep running. I hope mine keep working as it seems suitable replacement is hard to come by these days. I even went to see a demo of some Sony LCOS (model 270 something) but I honestly did not like what I saw. It lacked ansi contrast I'm used with my BenQ and also black level was not nearly as impressive I was expecting (mine looks actually much darker with Dynamic Iris engaged which I keep on usually always). I need to check JVC DILA some day, that should be much better but I still would prefer just good DLP but there are not many these days.
Anyone here tested the BenQ HT5550/W5700? It seems interesting on paper but it also looks many ways rather questionable.

I've even been considering LG OLED 77" to replace projector but it just seems too small even I have only 95-96" projector screen...

Last edited by Big Lebowski; 12-03-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W5000 Dlp Projector 1200 Ansi Lumens 1920 X 1080 Widescreen Hi , Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page