Official Epson Pro Cinema 1080UB Thread - Page 56 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1651 of 1655 Old 11-11-2017, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Just noticed my 1080UB (TW2000) startup with an overheating warning "red lamp". Obviously it isn't hot and power cycle normally allows it to start normally.

Anyone experienced this?

Might be time for an upgrade; although I luv the projector.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Epson 1080UB
Yamaha 3070; Emotiva A-300 (LR)
VAF Speakers, SVS PB-2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1655 Old 11-11-2017, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmacka View Post
Just noticed my 1080UB (TW2000) startup with an overheating warning "red lamp". Obviously it isn't hot and power cycle normally allows it to start normally.

Anyone experienced this?

Might be time for an upgrade; although I luv the projector.
I also have a 1080UB Pro (TW2000) with about 1400 hours on the original bulb. I had the same thing happen to me twice now in the past 3 weeks. Turn unit on, fans immediately blow really fast, and red blinking light. Power cycle fixes it.

After the 2nd time I took out and vacuumed the filter. I’ve replaced the filter once, and it was probably due for a cleaning. I notice you can no longer buy new filters.

I haven’t had the issue since (I’ve used the projector 4 or so times since then). I am not convinced that fixed it. - I am hoping it’s just the original bulb dying naturally.

Have you replaced your bulb? How many hours on your unit? How many hours on the current bulb?

I hope to use this projector for a while yet, it still looks excellent.

Thanks for posting and keep me posted.

Cheers and good luck.
post #1653 of 1655 Old 11-11-2017, 07:29 PM

Mine is about to go on its third bulb (7200 hrs). I have washed and replaced filter; dont think that is the problem noting the immediate indication.

I'll calibrate it again once I have this current bulb.

Great projector btw

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Epson 1080UB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1654 of 1655 Old 11-12-2017, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The third bulb is at 7,200 hours or the projector is at 7,200 hours? Either way that's impressive!

What happened when your first two bulbs were done? They stopped working during operation?

Also, please confirm we are experiencing the same or similar issue:
  1. Projector is in standby mode (orange light)
  2. Press "Power" button to turn the projector on
  3. The fan in the projector instantly runs faster than it ever does during operation
  4. While fan is running fast, the light on the projector blinks red
  5. Turning the projector off and on with the rocker switch on the back and then powering on as normal with the power button fixes the issue

When this happened the second time I started searching the forum for similar issues. I came across a topic discussing auto-iris and optical filter check that occurs during projector startup for a Epson 1080 (TW1000). I do not use auto-iris (due to crushing blacks and noise). In that case, disassembling the the projector and reassembling seems to have helped by theoretically reseating/aligning the optical filter and auto iris which the projector looks for during startup to ensure they are in the correct position.
post #1655 of 1655 Old 11-12-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnieman View Post
The third bulb is at 7,200 hours or the projector is at 7,200 hours? Either way that's impressive!

What happened when your first two bulbs were done? They stopped working during operation?

Also, please confirm we are experiencing the same or similar issue:
  1. Projector is in standby mode (orange light)
  2. Press "Power" button to turn the projector on
  3. The fan in the projector instantly runs faster than it ever does during operation
  4. While fan is running fast, the light on the projector blinks red
  5. Turning the projector off and on with the rocker switch on the back and then powering on as normal with the power button fixes the issue

When this happened the second time I started searching the forum for similar issues. I came across a topic discussing auto-iris and optical filter check that occurs during projector startup for a Epson 1080 (TW1000). I do not use auto-iris (due to crushing blacks and noise). In that case, disassembling the the projector and reassembling seems to have helped by theoretically reseating/aligning the optical filter and auto iris which the projector looks for during startup to ensure they are in the correct position.
Unit is at 7200 about to put in third bulb. When the bulb is about to expire the screen brightness tanks, I didn't know what to expect the first time and left it; it eventually went bang. Suggest you change it prior to that.

Yes having the same issue (steps 1..5) as you outline above. Not sure if this means its going to get worse.

Epson 1080UB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 1080 Home Theater Projector , Epson Home Cinema 8700 Ub Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page