The great jointenna exchange - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #151 of 153 Old 09-14-2016, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1120 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Channel Master has a bad habit of using old names for new products that are not the same. The good reputation of the previous product may not live up to the same standards or specifications with the new version. But today's Channel Master is not the old original company that designed the previous products. And their antennas are now made in China.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 153 Old 09-06-2018, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Anyone willing to part with a RF13 JoinTenna?

Hello,

Any chance someone that sees this post has a spare JoinTenna for RF13 (number 0583, I believe) with which they're willing to part?

If so, please PM me. I'm up for anything but an exorbitant price.

I've read the posts about the Jan Jenca offerings, and might pursue that if nothing turns up here. I've attempted PMs to a couple that have posted in this thread about RF13, but no responses as of yet.

My curiosity is piqued about how well one of these would work out for me, and perhaps also a friend. The Grand Rapids/West Michigan market seems to be ideal for a RF13 solution, since that signal comes from a tower NW from the metro area--with almost all other broadcasts in-market originating SE. The repack isn't changing our area's situation with either RF13 nor adjacent out-of-market RF12s (so I'm okay with losing the DXing of it).

If your now curious about my full VHF environment, this post explains more, and includes links to my TV fool: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-lo...l#post55665130

Thanks,
Statmanmi
post #153 of 153 Old 09-07-2018, 04:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by statmanmi View Post
Hello,

Any chance someone that sees this post has a spare JoinTenna for RF13 (number 0583, I believe) with which they're willing to part?

If so, please PM me. I'm up for anything but an exorbitant price.

I've read the posts about the Jan Jenca offerings, and might pursue that if nothing turns up here. I've attempted PMs to a couple that have posted in this thread about RF13, but no responses as of yet.

My curiosity is piqued about how well one of these would work out for me, and perhaps also a friend. The Grand Rapids/West Michigan market seems to be ideal for a RF13 solution, since that signal comes from a tower NW from the metro area--with almost all other broadcasts in-market originating SE. The repack isn't changing our area's situation with either RF13 nor adjacent out-of-market RF12s (so I'm okay with losing the DXing of it).

If your now curious about my full VHF environment, this post explains more, and includes links to my TV fool: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-lo...l#post55665130

Thanks,
Statmanmi
Ebay is pretty much your only chance to buy an original Jointenna for channel 13. You missed out on a guy that's been selling them now for over a year, he's finally out of channel 13's. If you want one right away, I suggest you order one from Jan Jenca. I'm the original guy who found Jan and reported on him here, and I have ordered and bought from him several times with no issues. I'm located in mid-Michigan, slightly North and East of you, and it doesn't take long for him to send them here, and they work very well. They aren't weatherproof though, so I use a box from Home Depot that it's put inside of, and clamped to my mast pipe along with a UVSJ and a Kitztech preamp.

When you order from Jan, make sure you tell him it's for the USA VHF RF13, and also give him the frequency range 210-216MHZ.

Last edited by Primestar31; 09-07-2018 at 04:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Technical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page