Error with HDMI cable. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-16-2010, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I recently purchase a Yamaha receiver, samsung 24" monitor/tv, and use brighthouse cable and got a new HD cable box, Scientific Atlanta HD cable box (Explorer 4250 HDC)

I have had a Panasonic VHS/DVD recorder DMR-E75V.

I have the HDMI cable from the cable box going to the tv input of the receiver, for both audio and video, and the receiver out via HDMI to the Samsung tv.

I also have the cable box out via composite video and RCA left and right audio to the VHS/DVD recorder.

Unfortunately I have found that while the HDMI cable is plugged into the cable box I get the following error message when trying to view the VHS/DVD tuner:

G5511 HDCP DLG on the TV. It says: "Your TV does not allow display of this program through the DVI input source. Please choose another input source."

If I turn the Receiver to TV input, I can record cable signal, but if I put it on DVD, all that records is a blank screen with that error message.

I have tried several wiring possibilites and cannot seem to find a successful solution or even fully understand what is happening or why it won't work.

Any thought appreciated.

Denon AVR-4520Ci, Sony XBR65A1E TV, Klipsch speakers, Oppo BDP-103, Sonos Connect, MusicCast MCX-2000, TiVo Bolt +
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-17-2010, 06:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 39
your receiver probably cant output to both the hdmi and composite ports at the same time
post #3 of 3 Old 01-17-2010, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It is copy right protection, "HDCP", the new standard.

You will more than likely need to swap out the HDMI cables for component and audio cables to get your recorder to work. One of the joys of HDMI, and "why" it is the new standard, they don't want you grabbing or recording "copy righted" material off of your TV or cable box.

I ran into this same problem with my setup last year. I think you will need to ditch the HDMI cable from your cable box and go component if that is possible. If not, and you only have HDMI or DVI out only, I think you are screwed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Technical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page