West Palm Beach OTA newb - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #31 of 34 Old 02-08-2015, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Thank you Andrew. Check out my post about busting the Cable input. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 02-08-2015, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratm View Post
Hmmmm. Ok, next question. Would this set up be possible...

Antenna to channel master DVR (or something like it) via coax. Then DVR to AVR via HDMI. Then AVR to TV via HDMI.
Your proposed cable routing is exactly what I do. There are cases where components do have "handshake" difficulties when passing the HDMI signals with all of the built in safeguards nowadays. This is usually isolated to a certain combination of brands.
Be sure to read some of the threads over on the HD recorders section of our forum. Everyone has an opinion on the "best" recorder for the money. The bottom line would be that you get what you pay for. Myself, I am no big fan of TiVo but have found it to be the most consumer friendly with the least amount of bugs. There is a monthly fee unless one pays for the "lifetime" service which by the way is not available on the strictly OTA model. Again, a bit of education would be needed it one were to purchase that product. There is even an entire forum, just Google Tivo Community.
ratm likes this.
post #33 of 34 Old 02-08-2015, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister B View Post
Your proposed cable routing is exactly what I do. There are cases where components do have "handshake" difficulties when passing the HDMI signals with all of the built in safeguards nowadays. This is usually isolated to a certain combination of brands.
Be sure to read some of the threads over on the HD recorders section of our forum. Everyone has an opinion on the "best" recorder for the money. The bottom line would be that you get what you pay for. Myself, I am no big fan of TiVo but have found it to be the most consumer friendly with the least amount of bugs. There is a monthly fee unless one pays for the "lifetime" service which by the way is not available on the strictly OTA model. Again, a bit of education would be needed it one were to purchase that product. There is even an entire forum, just Google Tivo Community.
This is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 Old 02-08-2015, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratm View Post
Hmmmm. Ok, next question. Would this set up be possible...

Antenna to channel master DVR (or something like it) via coax. Then DVR to AVR via HDMI. Then AVR to TV via HDMI.
Yes, that is the way I am set up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Technical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page