Xfinity, need 2nd 4K box, have XG1v4 DVR already - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-04-2019, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Xfinity, need 2nd 4K box, have XG1v4 DVR already

I already have the XG1v4 DVR and want to add a second 4k box for an additional TV. The Xi6 is less expensive but wireless apparently. Is the quality comparable or is a second XG1v4 DVR with a coax connection a better option? 4K over wireless does not seem ideal. Is the XG1v4 have a wireless or network connection? If not, how would it work as a hub?

I talked to an agent but have little confidence in their knowledge. If I get an Xi6, can I self install? Does the XG1v4 function as the hub?

Edit: I talked to two Xfinity support agents. The first told me I could add either the XG1v4 or the Xi6 in exchange for the current box on a 2nd TV I want to get 4K on.

I was skeptical due to the article linked below and called a second agent. He was beyond clueless. First told me I could use the Xi6. I told him I had my own modem and wireless systems and did not want and did not have the Xfinity wireless hub. I was told a second time it was OK. I again explained I didn't see how that would work, where would the wireless connection come from? I was told on multiple occasions to go to the store. My experience with the stores is they get the same training the agents do, little to none. Couldn't get him to pass me to a higher level tech. after a half hour, a relatively short call for Xfinity, I was told there was no way I could get a second 4K box without their hub, not even a second XG1v4. I don't believe that is correct. Can any companies customer service be worse than Xfinity?

This article came up in a search.

https://www.lightreading.com/video/v.../d/d-id/747425

Thank you.

Last edited by GeorgeHolland; 09-04-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Technical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page