New Comcast cable box = no Dolby - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-12-2019, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
New Comcast cable box = no Dolby

***MOD: Title edited to make more specific***

Not sure if this is the right place to post, etc, but I'd finally got my home theatre calibrated and everything was working fine, until they came over and swapped out my older Comcast cable box to the newer one. I don't even know what cable box I have now as it doesn't have any buttons, and works with the remote that can be voiced controlled?
This new box screwed up my Harmony app, but even worse is that when I would listen to Cable tv with my old box, the display would say Dolby, but now it just says 'standard', and sounds like ****. It sounds like everything is coming out of my center speaker.
I assume that I have to get into the cable box setup menu to change something (not sure what?) the setup button on my remote doesn't even do anything

Any suggestions?

Dan

Last edited by DrDon; 10-13-2019 at 07:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-12-2019, 09:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3571 Post(s)
Liked: 2570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno99 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to post, etc, but I'd finally got my home theatre calibrated and everything was working fine, until they came over and swapped out my older Comcast cable box to the newer one. I don't even know what cable box I have now as it doesn't have any buttons, and works with the remote that can be voiced controlled?
This new box screwed up my Harmony app, but even worse is that when I would listen to Cable tv with my old box, the display would say Dolby, but now it just says 'standard', and sounds like ****. It sounds like everything is coming out of my center speaker.
I assume that I have to get into the cable box setup menu to change something (not sure what?) the setup button on my remote doesn't even do anything

Any suggestions?

Dan
Call Comcast and have them come back and check out the setup. I still have the legacy Comcast box and it works fine. I have no desire to use the Comcast equipment for anything other than connecting to Comcast. I use my own modem and router and stream using an ATV4k. The legacy box is for local HDTV only, and works just fine with the Harmony remotes. Audio is via a HTS.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Technical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page