Choosing antenna for my CEA color codes - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-29-2006, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I live in central Louisiana and when I check antennaweb, they show channels I can receive in the RED/BLUE/VIOLET color codings.
Can anyone help me out with a suggestion for an outdoor VHF/UHF antenna that will pull in the stations in these color areas..This will help reduce my search time and would really be appreciated..
I recently purchased an A-Neutronics antenna with rotor, and after getting it up, I was able to pull in several channels that I did not receive before, as far away as Lakecharles, vhf and HD, and Baton Rouge,vhf,,,,but now after our 2nd most recent rain yesterday,,everything seems scrambled except for a few uhf stations, and I cannot even get my closest vhf station in Alexandria,,30miles away..
If I had to do it all over again, I would steer far away from this antenna..I also am getting scrambled static, picture loss in the cable line when press the buttons on the remote rotator controller and rotator controller box when I use the rotor. The rotor control box sends a signal through to the rotor using the same line that runs the rg cable..As I think more about it,,this cant be good,, having and electrical signal on the same line as the cable line to rotate the antenna,,Right??
Anway I plan to take it down and force the dude in Texas to give me my money back..In the meantime I have resigned myself to look for a REAL antenna that wont risk my new 1000.00 ,47inch HD tv purchase, so I am looking for the antenna that will help me get the red,blu,violet areas...I am also looking at the Winegard 7080, 7082, 7084 ..
Thanks for any help!
orroromonroe :rolleyes:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-29-2006, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
You need a high gain antenna, if you need both VHF and UHF, something like the Channel Master 3020 or something similiar. If your stations are spread around you, a good rotator like the CM 9521A.

Matt
Please don't PM me with technical questions that should be posted in the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread HDTV Technical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page