WTB JVC DLA-X3 parts unit OR just sell mine as is - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-05-2017, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
WTB JVC DLA-X3 parts unit OR just sell mine as is

I am in a tough spot here with my JVC DLA-X3 projector. I bought it from an authorized dealer last fall and it was heavy discount/super discontinued/open box, and recently my motorized lens shift failed. I reached out to JVC and despite the fact that it was an authorized dealer and purchesed under a year ago, they will not honor a warranty on open box items after 90 days of purchase, BTW that is not posted anywhere and it a total load of crap that they are hiding behind that and won't cover their product.... There is a lot more to that story and the BS JVC put me through when I went through the retailer to get it fixed and directly them, but the fact is I'm on my own here if I want it fixed.

I am wanting to fix my unit and am looking for a parts unit that has a working motorized lens shift and I will frankenstein the two of them together or I will just end up selling mine as-is if f the cost is too hight to buy a parts unit. Mine works great other than having no lens shift.

please respond if you have a parts unit you are looking to sell or have an interest in purchasing mine with the issue.

-Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-06-2017, 04:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheHiFiMan View Post
I am in a tough spot here with my JVC DLA-X3 projector. I bought it from an authorized dealer last fall and it was heavy discount/super discontinued/open box, and recently my motorized lens shift failed. I reached out to JVC and despite the fact that it was an authorized dealer and purchesed under a year ago, they will not honor a warranty on open box items after 90 days of purchase, BTW that is not posted anywhere and it a total load of crap that they are hiding behind that and won't cover their product.... There is a lot more to that story and the BS JVC put me through when I went through the retailer to get it fixed and directly them, but the fact is I'm on my own here if I want it fixed.

I am wanting to fix my unit and am looking for a parts unit that has a working motorized lens shift and I will frankenstein the two of them together or I will just end up selling mine as-is if f the cost is too hight to buy a parts unit. Mine works great other than having no lens shift.

please respond if you have a parts unit you are looking to sell or have an interest in purchasing mine with the issue.

-Thanks
You might want to move your post to the Front Projection section for more traffic. This is for rear projection TV...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page