Windows Home Server Issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-27-2008, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there a way to log on as a user other than Guest through the Windows Home Server Console? I can log on as a user from the shared folders icon on another computers desktop, but when I access the WHS Console, it only has a place for a password and the only valid password is the one for my Guest account. Is there a way for me to log on as a different User from the WHS Console?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtyler1 View Post

Is there a way to log on as a user other than Guest through the Windows Home Server Console? I can log on as a user from the shared folders icon on another computers desktop, but when I access the WHS Console, it only has a place for a password and the only valid password is the one for my Guest account. Is there a way for me to log on as a different User from the WHS Console?

The Guest account is just another User account and seperate from the Console login account - which would be considered the WHS "admin" account. I don't think the actual userid of the WHS Console account is ever surfaced to the WHS administrator or users. The Guest account (and password) are maintained in the User Accounts section of the WHS Console just like other users. The "admin" or console account/password is maintained in the "Settings" section of the WHS Console. I bet you either have set the Guest account to the same password as the Console account OR you think you are entering the Guest password but in fact are entering the Console password.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page