Logitech Revue Keyboard Controller for HTPC? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 11-10-2010, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I've searched around on this and can't find too much concrete info. Is anyone on here using the Logitech Keyboard Controller that comes with the Revue (Google TV), but it also purchaseable separately for US$100, with a HTPC?

I've got 2 Dinovo Edges with my 2 HTPCs and one of them has died. Looking to replace them with these.

Cheers,
mumble
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-12-2010, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nice looking keyboard, a bit pricey but it is Logitech. Hopefully some reviews pop up.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-10-2011, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 52
a bit late with my reply, but I Just wanted to let everyone know that this is a fantastic htpc keyboard, probalby the best I ever used. range and battery life are wonderful. The only thing is, if you want to take the keyboard from a logitech revue box, you have to buy the logitech unifying receiver seperately

Gear list: Main setup - Kef Q900, XTZ 3x12 Subwoofer, Denon DN-700AVP Processor, Mivera Iceedge 1200AS2 Class D amp, epson 8350 projector, elitescreens sable 92" screen, Intel Nuc HTPC
Bedroom setup: Philharmonic Audio New Philharmonitors, Folsom 7297 Amp, Oppo Sonica Dac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-15-2011, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncola View Post

a bit late with my reply, but I Just wanted to let everyone know that this is a fantastic htpc keyboard, probalby the best I ever used. range and battery life are wonderful. The only thing is, if you want to take the keyboard from a logitech revue box, you have to buy the logitech unifying receiver seperately

How about some Details?
Did you need to install any drivers/software?
Which buttons work with Windows 7, which do not? What do the nonstandard keys do?
Scroll function supported? Vertical and/or horizontal?
Any keys backlit?
Do the channel/track forward/backward work (these are the ones that look like they require the Fn key)?
Any functions/keys not included you wish it had?
Touchpad as good as any?
post #5 of 11 Old 05-15-2011, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 52
sure I can give those details...
there is no software to install, unless you want to pair multiple devices with your unifying receiver, then you have to install the unifying software.
the touchpad is very accurate but there's no multitouch scrolling, but there is a large d-pad right under the touchpad for navigating multimedia stuff that works perfectly for scrolling up and down. it's not backlit. the multimedia keys at the top do work in windows for mute etc. The only thing I wish it had was a right touchpad button. Instead you have to hit Fn and click to get access to right clicking.

I've had a few different htpc keyboards and I like this one by far the best, for range, quality of key press feel, battery life, reliability of signal getting through and also the multimedia control section with teh big d-pad, which is what I mostly use to get around xbmc with. I wish they'd price it less than $100 on amazon.

the past htpc keyboards I've used were this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Visenta-Wirele.../dp/B0026T7S58
cheap plastic piece of crap.

a rii bluetooth mini kb/touchpad
http://www.amazon.com/ProMini-Wirele...5519453&sr=1-1
this was actually pretty darn good, used it with an appletv2 for a while. but it stopped working after 3 months. also it had to be recharged weekly

and I've also used an ipod touch with hippo remote. I use a microsoft mce usb IR remote too, but it's not really a keyboard. the logitech is my favorite for htpc use because when you alt tab and open a web browser you can totally use the computer as if it was a desktop.

Gear list: Main setup - Kef Q900, XTZ 3x12 Subwoofer, Denon DN-700AVP Processor, Mivera Iceedge 1200AS2 Class D amp, epson 8350 projector, elitescreens sable 92" screen, Intel Nuc HTPC
Bedroom setup: Philharmonic Audio New Philharmonitors, Folsom 7297 Amp, Oppo Sonica Dac
post #6 of 11 Old 05-15-2011, 11:10 PM

Since a picture is worth a thousand words...
What on a PC do the circled keys do?

Does the Touchpad accommodate the typical vertical scrolling area (bar)?

The Orange symbols require the Fn key, but many of them are Google TV/Revue specific... do the stop and next/previous track buttons work (the ones with arrows pointing to them)?

Do the Channel up/Channel down buttons (in yellow) work in WMC with Live TV? Do they do anything else? Do the Page up/down work?

LL
post #7 of 11 Old 06-06-2011, 05:04 PM

I saw this in Best Buy, very compact but reasonably size KB and trackpad. Very thin. I like the way it sits on its back edge, I can see tucking it behind the TV very easily. Of course the guy at BB said it only works with the Revue... sort of true.

I am not a big a gamer, but we have played Myst type games as a family in the past, I think the lack of F keys might be a problem. I also found it mentioned in some other forum, the person there complained about the skip buttons not working in Windows. I assume that is the next/previous Track/Channel buttons coexisting with the FFW RW.

With very little tweaking, Logitech would have a very nice HTPC KB here. The only reason I can think of that Logitech does not offer a decent one is that they are afraid of effecting their Harmony remote business. There are plenty of comments people saying they do not need a KB, they can do everything with their Harmony remote, but I don't get it, I do not think they compete, I am not looking for a KB to control my BD player or surround sound amp.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-28-2019, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH MN View Post
I saw this in Best Buy, very compact but reasonably size KB and trackpad. Very thin. I like the way it sits on its back edge, I can see tucking it behind the TV very easily. Of course the guy at BB said it only works with the Revue... sort of true.<br><br>
I am not a big a gamer, but we have played Myst type games as a family in the past, I think the lack of F keys might be a problem. I also found it mentioned in some other forum, the person there complained about the skip buttons not working in Windows. I assume that is the next/previous Track/Channel buttons coexisting with the FFW RW.<br><br>
With very little tweaking, Logitech would have a very nice HTPC KB here. The only reason I can think of that Logitech does not offer a decent one is that they are afraid of effecting their Harmony remote business. There are plenty of comments people saying they do not need a KB, they can do everything with their Harmony remote, but I don't get it, I do not think they compete, I am not looking for a KB to control my BD player or surround sound amp.

All these years later these units and the USB dongle (with orange logo on it) are still available. Saw the dongle this week for $11 and think the keyboard around $50

I just pulled out my old Logitech Google TV unit and hooked it back up. Anyone know how to get the picture in picture working?

Tablo 4 ch, Caavo
post #9 of 11 Old 09-06-2019, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Ancient topic here.

I've not used one, but with the few TV's that I've used with PIP, you need two sources (ie: antenna and cable, cable and DVD, etc.).

Did you check the User Manual?
post #10 of 11 Old 10-02-2019, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter View Post
Ancient topic here.

I've not used one, but with the few TV's that I've used with PIP, you need two sources (ie: antenna and cable, cable and DVD, etc.).

Did you check the User Manual?
Can't find the owners manual for my LG OLED B7, guess I have to download and print it.

Or did you mean the manual for the Logitech Revue?

Tablo 4 ch, Caavo
post #11 of 11 Old 10-21-2019, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I was referring to the TV manual. That would be the only place to refer how to activate PIP and what input types are accepted/useable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page