Easy video cutter like in Total media - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-08-2011, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Didn't see a software forum so I'll just ask here -- does anyone know of any good freeware that is a simple mpeg video editor JUST to cut out commercials without reencoding.

Something "on the fly" would be nice like the the editor in total media is perfect -- you can watch the video and just set edit points.

I may end up just using total media but would like a dedicated program, for this use alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-02-2019, 05:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 716 Post(s)
Liked: 422
I don't know of any freeware programs available for editing but a google search may find some for you. I've been using VideoReDo for about 15 years and it's probably one of the best editing programs out there. I hate paying for software that I only use on occasion but I have more than gotten my money's worth from VRD. If you do a lot of commercial cutting or editing it's well worth the cost. You can fix a lot of issues with the video and audio streams using the Quickstream fix option and you can also join video clips together. It can scan a file for commercial breaks and mark them automatically, although it's always a hit or miss prospect using any type of commercial cutting or skipping app so I prefer to do it manually. You can transcode to just about any format you like on the fly. I believe you can use it free for a few weeks to try it out.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-18-2019, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2264 Post(s)
Liked: 2497
Avidemux will do what the OP wants (if he's still interested 8 years later). You have to cut on I frames but that hasn't been a problem for me. The first frame after a commercial break is usually an I frame anyway.

http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page