HD PVR 2 1512 Owners Thread - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

post #841 of 879 Old 08-27-2018, 01:49 PM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Are you using a HDMI splitter ?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 879 Old 08-27-2018, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked: 4418
Have to. Otherwise the STB's HDCP balks at being connected to the 1512. It didn't used to, but I'm guessing a software update from DirecTV has changed the handshaking. Can't just connect everything and flip it on, anymore. So, it cost me $130 to figure that out, but now I have a newer unit and a spare one in case the 1212 has issues, again.

The fun part is going to be remembering the sequence the next time it happens. Heck, I don't remember it NOW. I'll write things down as I go, next time.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #843 of 879 Old 08-27-2018, 02:13 PM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon View Post
Have to. Otherwise the STB's HDCP balks at being connected to the 1512. It didn't used to, but I'm guessing a software update from DirecTV has changed the handshaking. Can't just connect everything and flip it on, anymore. So, it cost me $130 to figure that out, but now I have a newer unit and a spare one in case the 1212 has issues, again.

The fun part is going to be remembering the sequence the next time it happens. Heck, I don't remember it NOW. I'll write things down as I go, next time.
LoL I not sure on this but try force your STB in to 720p mode only see that help by uncheck all other format resolution
For what it worth and if have good internet that not cap and has good speed take look at HDHomeRun Premium TV service it work in wide number of 3rdparty software you like Emby, NextPVR, Plex hell even SageTV and min other and OS so once you purchase the service and all you need is a HDHomeRun Connect like a Duo or Quatro or the Extend model and service allow for up 4 tuner recording.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #844 of 879 Old 08-27-2018, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked: 4418
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
LoL I not sure on this but try force your STB in to 720p mode only see that help by uncheck all other format resolution
For what it worth and if have good internet that not cap and has good speed take look at HDHomeRun Premium TV service it work in wide number of 3rdparty software you like Emby, NextPVR, Plex hell even SageTV and min other and OS so once you purchase the service and all you need is a HDHomeRun Connect like a Duo or Quatro or the Extend model and service allow for up 4 tuner recording.
Pretty sure I'll have to move on to something else once WMC sunsets. Until then, this'll work for no more than I need.

Much thanks.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #845 of 879 Old 08-31-2018, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi folks, first post here, my apologies if this problem has already been solved in the thread. But it's a huge thread and I can only think of so many ways to search it, ha.

My issue is this:

After wrestling with it a bit, I now have my 1512 capturing cracked HDMI with correct AC3 audio from a Cisco STB. I can do this through Capture and WinTV 8, though I prefer WinTV 8 because it seems a lot less buggy. Every time I open Capture, I cross my fingers that it will do anything. BUT, Capture has one important item I can't find in WinTV 8: the bitrate adjustment! Capture allows me to grab at 0-14Mbps, variable or constant, whereas WinTV seems content to use a default of VBR ~9000. It's good enough, but it could be better, especially because I'm capping sports. The bitrate settings in Capture are only for that software, and don't seem to stick to the hardware.

So: Does anyone know how to adjust the bitrate the 1512 uses while recording in WinTV?
post #846 of 879 Old 12-26-2018, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Will the 1512 work even if the PC isn't connected? If it reboots without a PC connected will it still work or will it require the PC to be connected again.

Linden
post #847 of 879 Old 12-26-2018, 11:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2374 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindend View Post
Will the 1512 work even if the PC isn't connected? If it reboots without a PC connected will it still work or will it require the PC to be connected again.
What exactly do you expect to be able to do without a PC connected?

Living Room: Sony XBR65X930D, Sony HTCT780, Base PS4, Philips BDP7501
Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Sony UBP-X700, Atomos Ninja Inferno
Check out my video game movie edits
post #848 of 879 Old 12-27-2018, 08:03 AM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindend View Post
I don't recall off hand but I do think you have load the driver first then pull the USB cable as long you don't loses power to the device it self it should keep running allow the video to pass-thru to work that if I call right.
Only HD-PVR Rocket will as long it has power to going to the device as it can run with out a PC as it works a stand along device.
post #849 of 879 Old 07-03-2019, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I used the Hauppauge 1212 with Verizon box for 8 years and I didn't have any problems. I bought the 1512 last year because I wanted to record from Roku and the only way to do this is via HDMI. I was able to record
from Roku and Verizon using 1512 with no problems. I moved earlier this year to an area where Verizon Fios is not around. I had to get Comcast. Ever since using Comcast with the 1512 I get audio sync problems.
I like to record parts of a movie and than combine them into one file using VideoRedo. All the parts are in sync but the file of parts slowly gets out of sync. I think it is because when I play each part individually, the Media
player spends about 5 seconds speeding up the video to match the sound. After the 5 seconds the video is fine. I am thinking that that 5 seconds of each part when combined is causing the audio out of sync. I went back
to the 1212 but I have noticed a very slight audio out of sync but not as bad as the 1512. Has anybody else encountered this problem and is there any solution?
post #850 of 879 Old 07-04-2019, 12:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Do you capture a clip with the 1512 then edit it before combining it with others in VRD or is it just capture>combine?
The time code info might be inaccurate in the clips. Try using VRD Quick Stream Fix or Tsmuxer to clean that up before combining them. Or try another tool to combine them.. like tsmuxer.
post #851 of 879 Old 07-04-2019, 12:42 PM

Nikknightt - I did not do any editing before joining all the clips. I used VRD Quick Stream Fix but only on the final file of joined clips and it didn't work. It would be a pain to run Quick Stream Fix on all the clips. Sometimes there are over 20 clips. If that does not work I will look into tsmuxer. I did a search on tsmuxer and found tsMuxeR version 2.6.12. Is this what you mentioned? Is the software really free or is there a fee after
a time of using it for free?
post #852 of 879 Old 07-04-2019, 01:33 PM

I executed VRD Quick Stream Fix on 11 clips. I joined them together into one file. I played this file and it was not out of sync. Is there an easier way of executing Quick Stream Fix than doing it one file at a time and saving
the file? Do you know if txmuxer will join clips and not have the output be out of sync?
post #853 of 879 Old 07-06-2019, 08:13 AM

Liked: 12
Try Avidemux it's free and works pretty darn well. It can append clips using an option on the File menu. But all clips to be appended have to have be the same width and height.
post #854 of 879 Old 07-06-2019, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212 user View Post
I executed VRD Quick Stream Fix on 11 clips. I joined them together into one file. I played this file and it was not out of sync. Is there an easier way of executing Quick Stream Fix than doing it one file at a time and saving the file? Do you know if txmuxer will join clips and not have the output be out of sync?
Tsmuxer is free for life. Do you see the 'Queue to Batch' option in the QSF dialog? Use it.
I think tsmuxer will combine clips and keep sync. Make sure to choose the option "always rebuild SEI and VUI data".
post #855 of 879 Old 07-27-2019, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I upgraded Hauppauge Capture a week ago (May update date) and ever since I'm getting a "copy protection" detection screen. If I switch back to ShowBiz there is no problem with CP. I'm using the famed Amazon HDMI splitter (which I've used for years with no issue) and am offloading DirecTv.
post #856 of 879 Old 07-27-2019, 06:05 PM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Yes JimLely I do see that for few sec but then it disappear
you can always go back to
https://s3.amazonaws.com/hauppauge/c..._1_1_36187.exe

Last edited by SHS; 07-27-2019 at 06:24 PM.
post #857 of 879 Old 07-28-2019, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Yes JimLely I do see that for few sec but then it disappear
you can always go back to
https://s3.amazonaws.com/hauppauge/c..._1_1_36187.exe
Thank you
post #858 of 879 Old 08-07-2019, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLely View Post
I upgraded Hauppauge Capture a week ago (May update date) and ever since I'm getting a "copy protection" detection screen. If I switch back to ShowBiz there is no problem with CP. I'm using the famed Amazon HDMI splitter (which I've used for years with no issue) and am offloading DirecTv.
I'm still having trouble with this May update; it's now occurring within the recording rather than at the beginning. Once it starts it crashes the 1512 and sometimes my PC. Back to ShowBiz. (But I hate renaming the ShowBiz names.)
post #859 of 879 Old 08-07-2019, 01:33 PM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm still having trouble with this May update; it's now occurring within the recording rather than at the beginning. Once it starts it crashes the 1512 and sometimes my PC. Back to ShowBiz. (But I hate renaming the ShowBiz names.)
Well I don't know what tell you JimLely
post #860 of 879 Old 08-08-2019, 06:47 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
I had a different problem one time and Hauppague support suggested this fix:

"With the capture application closed navigate to C:\Users\Public\Hauppauge Capture and delete the file config.xml then reopen the application and see if you now have video on the record tab."

It might fix your problem.

-Bill
post #861 of 879 Old 08-08-2019, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try and if it works I'll report back.
post #862 of 879 Old 08-08-2019, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Not sure if anyone has an idea. I've used a 1512 for a few years to record from a Roku with the assistance of an HDMI splitter. Recently I have had the problem that when I open the recording software it only stays open for a few seconds then "I think" says something about there being no signal then the program auto-closes. I think the software was the original from the disc that came with the device. I tried downloading the newest version from the website but the same.

I should note that I did move the device to a different room, but I moved it along with the same PC that I was using before and the same Roku. But that is when it stopped working.

I have two of the HDMI splitters/strippers and tried both but no luck.
I tried various HDMI cords but no luck.
The roku (premiere +) works if attached directly to a TV.

I suppose the device could have died but the lights turn on still.

Ideas?

Edit: I'm not sure how I didn't find them by searching earlier (?) but I found some posts maybe blaming the power supply.

LG C9 77"
NVIDIA 1660ti
Yamaha RX-V2085

Last edited by Redhawk2000; 08-08-2019 at 01:48 PM.
post #863 of 879 Old 10-13-2019, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi All,

I'm using the HD PVR 2 1512 to capture video from a DVR cable box via HDMI using the Hauppauge Capture software. I have the bitrate set to 14.00 Mbps .TS and source audio, ac3 5.1 384 kbps. The video capture comes out excellent. When I play the files on my Sony BDP-S790 via USB and/or Data BD the video plays fine but when I try to fast FWD or rewind the video, it freezes and then after a few seconds, it stops. I'm curious as to what may be the cause for being unable to fast forward or rewind the video. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by bbanderic; 10-13-2019 at 09:14 PM.
post #864 of 879 Old 10-14-2019, 10:05 PM
Advanced Member

Tough to say. Hopefully they are BD-RWs..
Sometimes the audio has a glitch in it while capturing. Files might hang on glitches in the time code.
Here are some apps to correct any errors.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR

https://www.videohelp.com/software/TS-Doctor

https://www.videohelp.com/software/TsRemux
post #865 of 879 Old 10-17-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
Tough to say. Hopefully they are BD-RWs..
Sometimes the audio has a glitch in it while capturing. Files might hang on glitches in the time code.
Here are some apps to correct any errors.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR

https://www.videohelp.com/software/TS-Doctor

https://www.videohelp.com/software/TsRemux

Thank you. As it turns out, I have VideoReDo which has Quickstream Fix, I ran the video through that and it seems to have fixed the problem, I now can FF and REW the video.
nikknightt likes this.
post #866 of 879 Old 10-20-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbanderic View Post
Thank you. As it turns out, I have VideoReDo which has Quickstream Fix, I ran the video through that and it seems to have fixed the problem, I now can FF and REW the video.

I may have spoken too soon, while it is better, the video still hangs up when I FF and REW. Just upgraded from VideoReDo V4 to the new V6, also downloaded tsDoctor, will try with those and see what happens.

The video in question was recorded with variable bitrate, curious if constant bitrate would help the situation or is it a non factor? For non streaming purposes, do you guys recommend constant or variable bitrate when playing through BD player or media player via USB?
post #867 of 879 Old 10-21-2019, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

I use variable bit rate all the time without any issues. VR can give you smaller file sizes and peak bit rates above 14.
I don't have a problem with files but I don't play them back like you do. I stream from my PC to a Raspberry Pi running Kodi.
Are your files burned to disc as .ts files? Does your player support .mkv? That might help plus you can add chapters to a mkv file. Or you could use tsmuxer to quickly author the disc into a real blu-ray. With tsmuxer you can create a BD .iso directly from the .ts file with 5 min chapters.
post #868 of 879 Old 11-14-2019, 09:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 5428 Post(s)
Liked: 3907
I still have and use the original Hauppauge 1212 with HD 1080i component video in, no HDMI. It actually looks pretty good to me at the highest variable bit rate but I am thinking of upgrading to HDMI inputs since the world is abandoning component connections and HDMI might look a little sharper.

I don't have 4K and don't expect to any time soon. I also never record game play.

I already have a ViewHD HDMI splitter, so I think I'll have HDCP defeated from my Comcast (Xfinity) RNG200N DVR. Is this HD PVR 1512 unit what I should get for my Windows 10 laptop or are there other better choices these days? I don't follow this video stuff closely (I'm mostly an audio guy) so I'm not up on these things.

I only make occasional recordings when I want to preserve something from my cable DVR.

Last edited by m. zillch; 11-14-2019 at 09:48 PM.
post #869 of 879 Old 11-15-2019, 05:02 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
I still have and use the original Hauppauge 1212 with HD 1080i component video in, no HDMI. It actually looks pretty good to me at the highest variable bit rate but I am thinking of upgrading to HDMI inputs since the world is abandoning component connections and HDMI might look a little sharper.

I don't have 4K and don't expect to any time soon. I also never record game play.

I already have a ViewHD HDMI splitter, so I think I'll have HDCP defeated from my Comcast (Xfinity) RNG200N DVR. Is this HD PVR 1512 unit what I should get for my Windows 10 laptop or are there other better choices these days? I don't follow this video stuff closely (I'm mostly an audio guy) so I'm not up on these things.

I only make occasional recordings when I want to preserve something from my cable DVR.
I don't know if there are better choices but I use the 1515 because it records DD5.1.
-Bill
post #870 of 879 Old 11-15-2019, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 5428 Post(s)
Liked: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecrest View Post
I don't know if there are better choices but I use the 1515 because it records DD5.1.
-Bill
1515? I assume you mean 1512? [I can't find anything on a 1515.]

My 1212 records 5.1 with the firmware update but I find the recordings are too glitchy from my cablebox using that so I usually use RCA analog, even though it is just stereo. Using 5.1 often causes the recording to lock up when I tried that because ever few minutes my Dolby sync light on my AVR shows a stutter [momentary loss of lock I guess] and that causes a glitch such as a frozen frame in the recording.

Not sure how HDMI would go.

Last edited by m. zillch; 11-15-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page